Mandalorian Wars

The Sith'ari was a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before, a striking parallel to the Chosen One of Jedi legend, though it is most likely that the Sith'ari and Chosen One are one and the same.

http://sith.biography.ms/

it kinda resembles Revan also, he had risen to perfection having fallen to the dark side only to be redeemed.

but I will go with your idea.. the exile is the best example of a perfect sith, with his/her ability to shut out the force and survive, now this is a master that the force will learn to serve.

Well, I like where this is going. The Exile doesn't necessarily control the Force on his own, per se, but controls it through others... Kreia and the other Jedi agree on this.

He did what nobody had done, and what few ever have... He Walked Away... now, what was Revan's big destiny thingy? He was the 'heart of the Force'... What else?

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

The Sith'ari was a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before, a striking parallel to the Chosen One of Jedi legend, though it is most likely that the Sith'ari and Chosen One are one and the same.

http://sith.biography.ms/

it kinda resembles Revan also, he had risen to perfection having fallen to the dark side only to be redeemed.

but I will go with your idea.. the exile is the best example of a perfect sith, with his/her ability to shut out the force and survive, now this is a master that the force will learn to serve.

Never says that in KotOR and the Sith'Ari prophesy was made up by Bioware. That's posted by a fan who just assumed the two prophesies were the same.

Simply says: One day, the Sith'Ari, the perfect being will lead us. The stories say he will destroy us but also make us stronger than ever. NOTHING about balance.

The wording implies that it is THROUGH destruction that the Sith become stronger, meaning that it's not Darth Vader. Besides, Vader didn't lead the Sith - ever.

If that sounds like anyone from the EU it's Darth Bane. Since he destroyed the Sith as it was, but also made it stronger than ever by implimenting the rule-of-two.

I think the Sith'Ari prophesy has been hijacked to play a key role in the KotOR games however and seems to fit in with the Exile. Could be Revan, but I'm doubting it currently.

I do think that the KotOR games are going to show us how the Force became "unbalanced" and will predict "the coming of the Chosen One" at the end. Do I have evidence? Nope, it would just be cool.

Dang... I go away for two seconds, and another post is here...

Yes, that would make the series cool.. there should be some underlying theme, it is Star Wars, after all...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Just pointing something out here: Bastila: "No matter who wins, they will not be the one I wish to serve. I will serve only Revan. Only he can carve the Galaxy the way it is meant to be."

Direct quote from the game, holocron on Korriban if Revan was DS, Male.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Just pointing something out here: Bastila: "No matter who wins, they will not be the one I wish to serve. I will serve only Revan. Only he can carve the Galaxy the way it is meant to be."

Direct quote from the game, holocron on Korriban if Revan was DS, Male.

I always found that weird.

Surely Bastila, as Revan's apprentice would be the the one who led the Sith in his/her absence. That's the way it works... and if there *was* a dispute, she wouldn't 'serving' anyone. She'd be dead.

Why was she wearing Jedi robes (maybe dark jedi robes, but i couldnt tell through the blue) in the holocron as well? That bugged me. Should have kept her in the dark jedi "robes" from the last game... I mean, they were cool and looked better on her and made her look far more evil.

I don't like that just because Revan wanted to fight the True Sith and save the galaxy as his *intial* motivation that people think he's "good really" or "didn't fall to teh dark side". 

Kreia implies to the Exile that Revan never actually fell. I mean, sure, he fell on the surface. The same way Atton is over-emotional and a fool, on the surface. Revan never ceased being himself, and he demonstrates this in slight choices. He did not obliterate the Republic... why? He needs it intact. If he had truly fallen, he wouldn't need it intact, the Star Forge had all the power he would ever need. Revan did not want to use the Star Forge any more than nessecary because it would consume him, and he feared he would lose control.

This is not some fan-invented idea that Revan never fell, Kreia tells us, and who knew Revan better than Kreia?

I'm trying to keep this thread alive... I liked it, but I don't know if anybody else wants it alive...

Bastila is more of a sidekick than a good leader. She makes a better servant, because of her Battle Meditation. I can see her as somebody on-call, waiting to go into 'duty'.

Perhaps Revan took more than one apprentice, like the real Sith of the era?

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Before that, I mean. The Dark Lords of that time period usually took more than one apprentice at a time. Malak was the LAST SURVIVING apprentice, but that shows that there was more at one time. Perhaps he took more afterwards, assuming HE was DARK SIDE.

Then he recovered his memories, and pulled an Alexander The Great, only he was still alive.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

hmm that has been bugging me too... in the first game, malak is shown as revan's apprentice, and malak had brandon or something always one apprentice, its the era of the dark Lords only when Bane became sith lord did he implemented the one apprentice rule...

maybe it had something to do with the jedi training, I assumed that a full fledge jedi knight can only take one apprentice, so revan and malak, being both jedis followed the same pattern

I loved to read the last pages,but as I am the original poester I have to clear up 2 things:

1)This is a topic about the mandalorian wars NOT about the sith vs. the true sith.

2)There are some of you who speak about the facts,events, as it was history....amazing and fascinating....how one can become 'sunk' into an universe....people,this universe is something invented by George Lucas...Anyone can have a version about the true sith,as nothing is actually written :D (or history)

It is like hagglin why Fafnir was the best dragon in NWN....

Mandalorian Wars were just a set up for the 'war to come'. And, if the only Star Wars material came from Lucas' mouth, then we wouldn't be here, would we? <_<

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Oh,you have your point,I've only exagerated a little bit,to underline my idea.My apologies :D

I only wished to tell that this is not history and we don't have to fight for it ( there were a couple of posts who almosts started a fight about the origins of true sith).

Kreia implies to the Exile that Revan never actually fell. I mean, sure, he fell on the surface. The same way Atton is over-emotional and a fool, on the surface. Revan never ceased being himself, and he demonstrates this in slight choices.

Like drawing thousands of Jedi over to the dark side and making them swear allegiance to him? Even if Revan was *immune* to the Dark Side and "incorruptible" as too many people are assuming, he'd have to be REALLY stupid to corrupt thousands of other Jedi in order to protect the galaxy from Tyranny and evil.

"Oh look, we've beaten the true Sith, lets go back to being good... wait, awww crap, I forgot not everyone else is able to resist falling to the dark side like me..."

One thing Revan wasn't was stupid. He saw the True Sith, thought they were a threat, decided to learn their ways in order to beat them. Then realised "hey, actually - I can protect the galaxy far better if I'm in control of everything". From there it is just a slippery slope.

As George Lucas says of Anakin:

"It is the greed of wanting to protect the ones he loves and stopping things from changing that leads him to the dark side. He eventually realises he can use his power not only to protect his loved ones but also control the universe"

I see that mirrored in Revan's choices.

Also:

Chronicles: Revan developed an evil yet brilliant plan

Chronicles: As Revan plundered these tombs, he fell deeper into the dark side

Do I think Revan was *consumed* by the dark side? No. But he was definately in sync with it and all too willing to use it to achieve his aims. That doesn't make him a nice person or an anti-hero, that just makes him a stronger-than-usual dark-sider and villian.

Hk-47 "You display much of the cruelty of my beloved master"

Revan wasn't a nice bloke(gal).

He did not obliterate the Republic... why? He needs it intact.

I agree, but this is nothing to do with him being a good-guy in bad-guy clothing, this is to do with him being intelligent. Why destroy the institutions of government when you can just subvert and control them? Makes everything much easier than blowing it all up and starting from scratch.

If he had truly fallen, he wouldn't need it intact, the Star Forge had all the power he would ever need.

Disagree.

1. being "truly fallen" doesn't make you a destructive moron, it depends entirely on the person

2. The Star Forge could *only* be used as a temporary device with which to "unite" (read:subvert) the Republic. If Revan COULD have used it forever, he would have done. It could build ships much quicker than anything else after all.

Revan did not want to use the Star Forge any more than nessecary because it would consume him, and he feared he would lose control.

Revan didn't want to use the Star Forge any more than neccessary because he knew what happened if you did. He'd seen what had happened to the rakatan empire. i doubt he wanted history to repeat itself - he wanted his rule to *last* and his 'protection' to endure.

It makes Malak's speech at the end "you were blind Revan, blind and stupid!" all the funnier, because it just shows Malak's ignorance even more. Revan knew full well the true capacity of the Star Forge, he just also knew the consequences of unlocking it.

This is not some fan-invented idea that Revan never fell, Kreia tells us, and who knew Revan better than Kreia?

I'm aware it's not fan-invented, but it *is* fan-assumed, after all, Kreia would say that *she* never truly fell. When she blatantly did/has.

As for the person who said "Bioware" knew Revan better. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also if Revan never fell then it COMPLETELY DESTROYS the theme of Redemption of the LS KotOR game. And makes the DS KotOR game (when you clearly *HAVE* fallen to the dark side) ridiculous since "Revan's will means he can't fall."

correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the mandalorians the lackeys exar kun and the likes???

what if the Sith the Mandalore mentions to you is not the "alien" AKA "True" Sith, but another faction of Sith, more organized and more destructive than the Jedi runaways(former jedi turned to sith, revan, malak, exar kun, ulric...) or by saying true sith he means not a fallen jedi but a force adept trained in the sith ways from birth into adulthood, imagine the rigorous training the jedi goes through, and imagine this emulated by the sith, and no, not like korriban or malachor where they take full grown force sensitives and train them... wouldn't that process make a sith more dangerous that nihilus??

The last HK-47 dialogue told a lot about Revan's motives at the end of the Mandalorian war. He has two main points about malachor 5

That the soliders and jedi that did die i the battle were ones that did not like Revan, or agree with some of his ideas. HK refers to this as "Cleaning House"

That the jedi and soliders that did go with the war began to be converted to the dark side by the death and destruction they were forced to cause

the jedi took her force powers first, then she came to malachor V where she started draining force from force sensitives much like nihilus, kinda like a force vampire or something... the jedi blamed her for revans actions, they blamed her for her borderline teaching..

No, the Jedi did not take her force powers. It was Nihlius and Sion who stripped her of her powers, forced various "indignities" upon her, and cast her out. You see all of this in the cutscene,

that's the weird part coz I could swear I saw kreia frozen in a stasis field in front of the jedi council, and she did say something about revenge to the jedi.. or some such..

or I could be wrong, a piloceman once told me I was the worst eyewitness he ever handled... :shifty:

*sigh* ... after reading the "sith wars" again, there is this small scene which I have forgotten in which Exar Kun reclaims the ancient sith holocron from Odur, which according to the narrator possesses sith knowledge of a hundred thousand years...

Well, this contradictions throughout the comic series can really drive you nuts...

Also blocking someone from force is seen as light side ability. ah well... :-

The jedi concil said they used this (cuting someone from the force) only once. So, who's been cut from the force if not Kreia ?

Then, about Revan fallen in the dark side, Kreia doesn't say he wasn't dark side, just that what you may think about "fallen to the dak side" could be wrong, because Revan was totally aware of what he did. She said that he was in control of himself.

She said that he may have fallen on the outside, but that he retained his true personality deep inside. When the Jedi captured him, his true personality resurfaced for a short time. (If you're DS (Revan), then she says that he falls back, but if you're lightside (Revan) then she leaves it at that.)

Just thought I'd point it out.

Geekified Star Wars Geek