Condemned

Morgoth

http://www.sega-europe.com/en/News_Story/242.htm

Condemned, a suspense-filled, first-person psychological thriller developed exclusively for the next generation of game consoles and the PC is coming Winter 2005.

Developed by award-winning Monolith Productions, the game allows you to experience an unnatural level of psychological tension as using your instincts, forensic tools, and melee combat to track serial killers and bring them to justice.

Play as Ethan Thomas, an FBI agent in the Serial Crimes Unit (SCU), whose pursuit of relentless serial killers leads him through detailed urban environments filled with deadly sociopaths who lurk on the periphery of humanity.

"Condemned represents SEGA's dedication to the acquisition of market-leading next generation games."  commented Matt Woodley, European Marketing Director of SEGA Europe,  "Our previous launch software has demonstrated how quickly SEGA adapts to new innovations, by publishing ground-breaking games that push new formats to the limit.  We're also delivering in our desire to work with the most talented development teams the west has to offer.  This blood-curdling title pushes the horror genre, stretches new technology and promises one of the year's most refreshingly original storylines"

Meh, I'm somewhat disappointed. I was hoping for a NOLF3, but maybe Condemned will turn out as something special under the FPS crowd too...(?) :rolleyes:

Frankly i'm very happy that they are producing something new rather then a sequel, there are already enought sequels as it is...

Except for the fact that the roots of AvP (the Aliens/Predator movies), and NOLF (B-TV Spy Movies) are meant to be serialized. Plus, it would just be so much fun to see Cate Archer back in action again, and another multi story-arc AvP game. Meh.

Frankly i'm very happy that they are producing something new rather then a sequel, there are already enought sequels as it is...

Normally I'd agree, but I can never complain about another sequel to a kick-ass game like the NOLF series. Condemned with it's supernatural powers and depressing scenario also sounds pretty reminiscent to FEAR, and from what I've heard they even cut out the skill system in FEAR, which is a step back in my book.

But since Monolith is a 150 people large developer, I'm sure they'll get started (or already work on it) with NOLF3 some time in the future... Darn, they have to, it's their coolest IP after all... Nothing beats a pursue after a frenchie peewee with a tricycle driven by a crazy Scotchman! :p :cool:

Normally I'd agree, but I can never complain about another sequel to a kick-ass game like the NOLF series. Condemned with it's supernatural powers and depressing scenario also sounds pretty reminiscent to FEAR, and from what I've heard they even cut out the skill system in FEAR, which is a step back in my book.

But since Monolith is a 150 people large developer, I'm sure they'll get started (or already work on it) with NOLF3 some time in the future... Darn, they have to, it's their coolest IP after all... Nothing beats a pursue after a frenchie peewee with a tricycle driven by a crazy Scotchman! :p :cool:

If the last game in the NOLF series is Contract J.A.C.K., I'm gonna be pissed. That game was so bad I just traded it in a bought Half Life 2. :angry: