Kudos, Obsidian!

~Di

I truly recommend it for those whose computers can handle the game (that means, sadly, no ATI cards for the moment, apparently.)

My Radeon 9600 XT had no problems handling the game whatsoever. Perhaps my using prehistoric drivers has something to do with it, but I have crashed only 4-5 times in two playthroughs. That's about all the bugs I found.

And regarding the game overall, well I must say I would have probably enjoyed it more if I hadn't signed up on these boards. Aside from having the main plot twist spoiled, I think I got my expectations too high with all the designer ramblings and stuff. Oh well, one can only learn from these things.

Still, the game is one of my favs, and I don't think I will be putting it to sleep just yet. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree completely, the game is very good and for me actualy more fun than KOTOR 1 (I value intersting story and mood higher then polish).

And actualy you can get the game running decently on a ATI card I have mine up to 1204*768 with all effects on and AA 6x and AF 4 (not 100% sure about AA and AF) but i did have to test multiple different driver versions and add disable vertex buffer objects in the ini file. Don't know exactly what driver version I ended up with but I think it was the latest version minus the ATI controllpanel. Don't know exactly what kind of fps i get but its not noticably bad to me.

PS. Im using a ati 9700pro btw...

I truly recommend it for those whose computers can handle the game (that means, sadly, no ATI cards for the moment, apparently.)

My Radeon 9600 pro, 128MB sapphire did not have any obvious problems besides ~20-30 random crashes in an entire play-through. I also had most of the options maxed out and the intermediate res. setting, higher res never seems to work with my monitor, an 18" HP LCD, that prefers to run at 1280x1024. (I think I played at that res.)

Anyhow, I usually get lucky as far as video settings, I therefore have not upgraded my drivers in some time -I'm afraid if I do the games might run worse.

I don't disagree with those five weaknesses. Thing is, I was expecting so very little due to all the complaining on the forum that I guess I was shocked that it gave me as much information as it did! I do indeed have questions that I wish had been wrapped up more neatly. Still, I can't complain. (I will complain later, of course, in the "what could have been done better" part of the KoTOR II forum... but for now, I'm still enjoying the experience for its good parts!)

I have to admit I was wondering how you would view the end of the game. Glad it didnt spoil things for you.

Point 3 does makes sense.

Point 5 I dont think it was the knowing that was important. It was one of those "from a certain point of view things"

Not sure why they kept 2 and under the circumstances it probably would have been better cut.

1. Annoyed me too I like to veg out and enjoy but I'm seriously spoiled by those JRPGs and their 15-20 minute sequences.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

About that number 5. I never saw it coming.

I think that kreia really had a point all what she said. Some parts made my eyebrows rise a bit, but I just considered it to be part her old sith self. And when she talked about betrayer I was so sure she was talking about atris, but due to some sort of strange training that she had in mind for me she just could not tell me straight. It would have been great if due to the way you played the game darth traya would have been either kreia or atris. That would have been sooo sweet. Too bad it was cut out.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

haha actually i think you ended up posting it twice in the general, once in storyline and once here.

you sure it was only a glass or two of wine?  :p

Er... I've never even been to the Storyline forum. Now I KNOW some mod with a wicked sense of humor is out to get me...

:)

<insert snarky comment about forum bugginess here>

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I have to admit I was wondering how you would view the end of the game. Glad it didnt spoil things for you.

Point 3 does makes sense.

Point 5 I dont think it was the knowing that was important. It was one of those "from a certain point of view things"

Not sure why they kept 2 and under the circumstances it probably would have been better cut.

1. Annoyed me too I like to veg out and enjoy but I'm seriously spoiled by those JRPGs and their 15-20 minute sequences.

#3 I think I might have lost what sense it made because I got hit by the dialogue skipping bug at that point and had to read it all in my journal afterwards.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't understand the criticism about Kreia's betrayal being obvious. Of course it was, and I don't think it was ever supposed to be a surprise. Again and again, you are shown cutscenes of Kreia manipulating the party behind your back. It was simply impossible to miss that she had some sort of hidden agenda, the interesting part was finding out what exactly she was trying to accomplish.

I think Kreia is a Machiavellist only at superficial level. She is a very manipulative and arrogant person but, for my compassionate LS character, the bitter lone lady wanted to have mutual respect with someone, and the protagonist is her candidate. Form my character

I don't understand the criticism about Kreia's betrayal being obvious. Of course it was, and I don't think it was ever supposed to be a surprise. Again and again, you are shown cutscenes of Kreia manipulating the party behind your back. It was simply impossible to miss that she had some sort of hidden agenda, the interesting part was finding out what exactly she was trying to accomplish.

The part that really bothered me was when the character finds out and all his dialogue options are along the lines of "Kreia is a Sith!? Thats not possible!" there needed to be a "Yeah I know, it was pretty obvious" line or something.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The part that really bothered me was when the character finds out and all his dialogue options are along the lines of "Kreia is a Sith!? Thats not possible!" there needed to be a "Yeah I know, it was pretty obvious" line or something.

Was it? I must have missed it, then. I thought there was a line like yours but can

To me, K2 is the best game ever and I have played most of them. I was going to write a detailed review about the landmark it is in its use of dramatology in a computer game but taht will have to wait.

The final ending was rather bleak, but is understandable with regards to Obsidians wish to make it ESB-ish, and the fact that the end is actually very long given that it stretches over several large maps from dantooines meeting to the temple on Malachor V.

I would have loved a proper epilouge but I understand it must be difficult to do on such a very tight schedual and with LA breathing down their necks.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "