An interesting point..

Funks

I would think that Obsidian has intended the game to be played on the 'light' side at least the first time round.

I think this, because many of the dialog options involve 'jerk/thug' options. for example:

"Hey, you, would you help me out? I Need to find my Wife!"

"Sure, wait here" - Involves a quest, full of experience and a new plot

or

"Piss off and die" - Gives you nothing

See, the Dark side involves telling everyone to go away, or to kill everyone. this means less story. an evil character is less rational, when confronting a main plot line, talking to a character, you can either:

'Please awsner my questions, I need to know something'

or

'Die, fool'

an alternative game, but less effective in storytelling. for this reason KOTOR should be played in the Light for the first time.

Did anyone play KOTORII the Darkside the first time round?

Yes. And I was so confused by the end I had to come here to figure out what was going on AT ALL. I still don't understand this force wound business, either. I've since beaten it as a LS Jedi Guardian/Weaponmaster and actually talked to people some more and did good things, and lo and behold the story made a little bit more sense. I agree that unless something is released that explains the story a bit better for DSers, you should probably play through as a light sider first time through. For me, the Dantooine council helped a lot, and since there WAS no dantooine council for me as a DSer... heheheh...

:cool:

I didn't... and just started my DS game. But I think I will play SMART DS, not thug DS. I wonder how DS I can be, without taking all the obviously thugish DS opportunites and just playing as an exiled Jedi, who feels that she has been cut-uoff from the force by the council and feels justified in ripping their heads off. :)

I didn't... and just started my DS game.  But I think I will play SMART DS, not thug DS.  I wonder how DS I can be, without taking all the obviously thugish DS opportunites and just playing as an exiled Jedi, who feels that she has been cut-uoff from the force by the council and feels justified in ripping their heads off.    :)

Yeah, I'm starting a DS sentinel this time through with a similar mindset, but you'll be surprised by how tempting it is to not be a jerk in dialogues and end up being one o' them light sided, stasis fieldin' jedi hippies.

I didn't... and just started my DS game.  But I think I will play SMART DS, not thug DS.  I wonder how DS I can be, without taking all the obviously thugish DS opportunites and just playing as an exiled Jedi, who feels that she has been cut-uoff from the force by the council and feels justified in ripping their heads off.    :)

Yeah, I'm starting a DS sentinel this time through with a similar mindset, but you'll be surprised by how tempting it is to not be a jerk in dialogues and end up being one o' them light sided, stasis fieldin' jedi hippies.

Interesting, I'd like to do that too, I wanted to do a character where he has accepted the fact that he can't use the force anymore, and wants vengance. but doesn't use the force. Just hangs on to his lightsaber. :huh: other than that, he's a nice guy.

I would think that Obsidian has intended the game to be played on the 'light' side at least the first time round.

I think this, because many of the dialog options involve 'jerk/thug' options. for example:

"Hey, you, would you help me out? I Need to find my Wife!"

"Sure, wait here" - Involves a quest, full of experience and a new plot

or

"Piss off and die" - Gives you nothing

See, the Dark side involves telling everyone to go away, or to kill everyone. this means less story. an evil character is less rational, when confronting a main plot line, talking to a character, you can either:

'Please awsner my questions, I need to know something'

or

'Die, fool'

an alternative game, but less effective in storytelling. for this reason KOTOR should be played in the Light for the first time.

Did anyone play KOTORII the Darkside the first time round?

its much better than how kotor1 handled the darkside game.

I've gained enough influence with her to talk to her about training to be a jedi. But both of the two respones lead to an influence failure. She's totally ds, but still doesn't want to follow me. I like the darkened robes, however.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I think that has more to do with your influence levels with Visas, I think (her not talking to you). Furthermore, most of the time if you want to build up influence with certain party members, you have to get LSPs while doing so. You can't always take the DS option or you'll shut yourself down. Furthermore, murdering innocents is frowned upon by Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, and I think someone else.

It's easy to get influence with the characters who can't become Jedi (Mandalore, HK-47, Go-To) through evil acts. Go figure. Though I hear that Atton is pretty susceptible to going dark, though I haven't tried it.

Honestly, after seeing the ending of the game, I have absolutely no desire to really build up influence with any of the party members. Also, after seeing the difficulty level of the game, on difficult, I've found that it's more challenging to go solo whenever possible, and if you don't care about gaining influence, then you aren't missing out on much by doing so.