horrible problems =(

As it is stated above Volourn the correlation between system spec's, what your running the game at (bear in mind im not referring to resolution) and Frame Rate drops is 99% to 1

added the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" line in my swkotor2.ini file maybe that will fix it?.. im gunna go nuts if i dont beat this game.

If you cant complete it, because the game for you is that hideous, i suggest you download 'Bink and Smacker' and Necrotech file decypher and watch all the cut scenes :huh:

As it is stated above Volourn the correlation between system spec's, what your running the game at (bear in mind im not referring to resolution) and Frame Rate drops is 99% to 1

added the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" line in my swkotor2.ini file maybe that will fix it?.. im gunna go nuts if i dont beat this game.

If you cant complete it, because the game for you is that hideous, i suggest you download 'Bink and Smacker' and Necrotech file decypher and watch all the cut scenes :huh:

even the cut sceens are bad. on PC anyways

I've seen quite a few ppl complaining on the slowdown on Telos(somewhat), Dantooine(the cutscene - when looking on the big building) and surely when you turn around from looking at the Ebon Hawk to that big building, where the droid walks back and forth.

The temporarily fix to those who have that issue is, hit ESC then graphics, advanced options and toogle - say - soft shadows(or any option there will do the trick) and hit ok, then close and close and back to the game - framerates are normal.

I dont know what makes it like that on my rig - which I believe to be a pretty good one - but the issue is annoying, there arent much left I havent tried to fix this, so I'm waiting to see if a patch will fix it or just live with it for now.

Keep in mind that every time you come back to areas that crawls to a low framerate - repeat the above and all is peachy.

PS: Everything is updated on my rig. P4 3.5GHz 1GB PC3700, X800 PRO should handle it pretty well. The tatement about that the game isnt to blame is for me a lil off - tbh - too many has experienced this bug for it to be PC related. We wont find out untill a patch comes out saying it's fixed. Time will tell. :rolleyes:

If you cant complete it, because the game for you is that hideous, i suggest you download 'Bink and Smacker' and Necrotech file decypher and watch all the cut scenes :(

even the cut sceens are bad. on PC anyways

Then you should dis-continue posting on these forums and get your money back, as your now just being pessimistic <_<

I've looked more into my problem with Kotor2 and the down to a near crawl on framerate - even though I updated to latest ATI drivers the problem was still present - then it struck me - reverting back to older drivers - like the 8.07 betas - and tried them - and guess what ?

yup you guessed right - or did you ? dont want to get nto all that - but the old bugger fixed the problem - as far as I can tell - I'm currently roaming the streets of Telos and no slowdown whatsoever thus far - I'll wait and see on other part of the game. But if this is the case, that newest ATI driver aint good with Kotor2, it might be a good idea to brung the issue up with ATI.

Strange thing is tho' - the guy who startet this thread has an nvidia card - to you I can suggest you take the latest OFFICIAL driver MS certified andtry it - before rambling on that it's the games fault.

To the person I said that he was lil off about not the games fault - I admit I was wrong - untill I bump into a similar issue with Kotor2 :)

I can only say - why didnt I think of THAT sooner ?? was right under my nose. ;)

I've looked more into my problem with Kotor2 and the down to a near crawl on framerate - even though I updated to latest ATI drivers the problem was still present - then it struck me - reverting back to older drivers - like the 8.07 betas - and tried them - and guess what ?

yup you guessed right - or did you ? dont want to get nto all that - but the old bugger fixed the problem - as far as I can tell - I'm currently roaming the streets of Telos and no slowdown whatsoever thus far - I'll wait and see on other part of the game. But if this is the case, that newest ATI driver aint good with Kotor2, it might be a good idea to brung the issue up with ATI.

Strange thing is tho' - the guy who startet this thread has an nvidia card - to you I can suggest you take the latest OFFICIAL driver MS certified andtry it - before rambling on that it's the games fault.

To the person I said that he was lil off about not the games fault - I admit I was wrong - untill I bump into a similar issue with Kotor2 :)

I can only say - why didnt I think of THAT sooner ?? was right under my nose. ;)

Ding, We have a winner here.

BTW the thread starter has an ATI card.

Had the same problem. The quick fix is taking the opengl file from the 4.2 drivers (atiglxx.dll i think this is the name) and place it in the KOTOR2 directory.

Do a search in the tech support forum for the name fo the file.

I can only say - why didnt I think of THAT sooner ?? was right under my nose. :geek:

LMAO!!! i dont have an nvidia card, i have an ATI X800PRO, you would know that if you actauly read my system specs.

LMAO!!! i dont have an nvidia card, i have an ATI X800PRO, you would know that if you actauly read my system specs.

I have an ATI x800 Pro. I run the game with no problems. Why don't you get your dad to look at it for you? Maybe he can solve the problem.

I would honestly try to help you, as many others have, but you just snub them back like a jerk. So instead, I'll take a crack at poking fun of your age.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

I have an ATI x800 Pro. I run the game with no problems. Why don't you get your dad to look at it for you? Maybe he can solve the problem.

I would honestly try to help you, as many others have, but you just snub them back like a jerk. So instead, I'll take a crack at poking fun of your age.

my "dad" is dead, he died a few months ago, and no one has to look at it "for me" i build computers... i know what im doing... even if my dad was alive i would never talk to him because of the things he did when i was younger.. i will never forgive him for that, even if he is dead.

As much as i feel sorry for you....

That doesnt take back my loathing of the whiney dickless piece of **** standing infront of meh?

i realy care what you think of me, and i dont want people to feel sorry for me either... you dont know me, i can be a **** on forums but once you get to know me im not that bad, and i usualy dont do this kinda stuff... just had a bad few days... you may feel sorry for me but when it happens to you... its somthing else... you wouldint understand unless you realy went through it. but thats off the subject... im just sharing my opinoion about all this... and your getting all defensive... i guess im just used to speaking my mind.... i go to another forum website called speedguide.... there like a second family so its not realy a big deal what i say...

Now now...no need for flaming the guy

I`m 26 and have ocassional frame drop on Dantooine as well with 1Gig KIngston RAM and FX 5900XT Nvidia card with 71.22 drivers.

That lag happens ONLY on Dantooine which happens a bit of 2 instances

1.When framerates drop to like 5 for a bit of time

2.sometimes when I walk it freezes at 1 FPS and then I find my guy at super-speed somewhere on the map

By 1st of march I`ll have a Ultra 6800 and will see if that is game related or they added some hard 32bit textures/graphics on Dantooine given the fact that Nvidia 5xxx series doesn`t handle very well 32 bit textures...but the RAM should counter tho`

Meh a VERY tolerant second family?

I told you im not like this all the time...... you wouldint understand cause you dont have that kinda sensitivity to know what it feels like to have that kinda love from people on a message board speedguide was the best thing that ever happend to me, i always get alot of support from them... advice anything to help me out when i need it, you go and spend as much as time as i do on there and you will feel the same way, some people have over 20 thousund posts on that board, i only have around 350 posts.... im not the jerk that you make me out to be, i already explained to you that its been a crappy few days...

I am going to send everyone to their respective corners and close this thread down. Please be advised that should the flaming/baiting continue, I will have to issue warnings and perhaps place members into moderated status.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: