First Patch now released

Like Troila or whatever and Activition, should do a patch that fixes the bugs on Vampire Bloodlines. (all Vampire Bloodlines players know what i mean)

The same goes for Obsidian and Lucasarts, it doesn't matter whos fault it is, but if it was rushed out for any reason, they should fix all the bugs that they can.

But now-a-days, all the companies care about is money and as long as they get money, they don't give a rats ass.....its rather pathetic to put money ahead of satisfying their customers, but its a fact.

I really hope this doesn't go the way of Bloodlines, with no effort to release a decent patch (although allegedly there the problem was that Activision refused to support Troika in releasing a patch). I'm guessing a lot of peole here are interested in NWN 2 - certainly any decision I make in buying it will depend on what I see of Obsidian here.

I think you guys are being to harsh to the developers .... they have to go through millions of lines of code to find our problems. Also I would prefer to have one huge patch that fixes most of the problems (hopefully my problem as well)

and sadly you guys have missed that they have fixed the auto patcher thingy .... we all know that now weve saved outselves 30 seconds of browseing time , since we dont have to check LA everyday for a patch now we just have to click the autopatch-ama-jigger. :)

Well rabit, your problem is fairly minor to what a lot of us are experiencing so don't be too quick accusing us of being harsh. The majority of ATI users can't run it at all! Or at least, get past character creation. Also, you might recall that a lot of ATI problems were solved through patches to the original KOTOR. If the devs had learned their lesson first time, then they wouldn't have to sort through all that code. All of this assumes they are even working on a patch at all. Perhaps if they were to let us know just what the hell is happening it would put an end to most of the complaints that upset you so much.

Finally, are you blind or just too lazy to read the thread? See 5th post above your own...

Also, the swupdate program supplied with the game seems to be working finally.

PS

weve saved outselves 30 seconds of browseing time

I'll sleep better at night knowing this...erm...thanks

Wait... No North America patch? That's the stupidest thing I've heard. I mean LucasArts and Obsidian are both based in the US but they haven't released a patch for North America yet? Ofcourse, they could just be polishing the patch or something :p. Just like they polished the PC version... *shudders*

this patch only fixes the corrupt Manual PDF file in the Euro release.

Figures.... That's where their priorities are... bastards....

I may be one of the lucky ones that haven't encountered any problems yet (apart from a very small typo glitch), but there are really people waiting for this and they fix tha manual..... great.....

[sarcasm]

What are you guys talking about? The Manual is the most important part of the game. It tells us all the information like the credits... and... yea.... See how important it is?

The game doesn't have any bugs you whiners! It only crashes for most people every hour and refuses to work on systems with ATi cards (that is unless you get the drivers and disable the Vertex bla bla bla). Heh heh... who says the game crashes? The Manual should be the top priority for LucasArts as EVERYBODY reads the manual first... I'm sure they do... *looks around the room* ;)

[/sarcasm]

This is just pathetic. The game has a million other problems but they need to fix the manual which doesn't even have useful information! Then on top of that, they don't even release a patch for North America (not that I'd want it anyways...). Are the tech support dudes just smoking crack or something? Maybe for their next patch, they shouldn't actually mention what it fixes and just release it.... sheesh.... retards.

Ok... its just been confirmed... they're smoking crack. I have checked on pretty much every LucasArts source and they have no mention of a patch that will actually addres the issues IN the game and not IN THE MANUAL...

LucasArts' brainstorming session:

Umm.... lets see... Let's give them a patch and say that it has enhanced compatibilty with ATi cards. But instead, lets not actually fix the problem. We're going to put a friendly "Works with ATi" logo on the loadiong screen to proove that the game works with ATi cards.

How does that prove that it works with ATi cards?

Umm.... you see.... it works with ATi cards because... because you still have an operating system on your computer after installing KotOR 2 and using an ATi card and therefore it works wtih ATi cards...

END

Right.... Maybe the PC community should code themselves a patch...

Some people need to calm down for a minute and take another look at the situation here. All this patch does is fix a corrupt/missing pdf file on the overseas release, The North American version appearantly does NOT need this patch since our copy of said pdf file is not corrupt/missing. This is a simple "oh crap the foreign language pdf file went bad when we made the master" fix.

I wouldn't expect to see the first "real" patch, the one for actual game code issues, for at least 2 weeks to a month form the release date for the game.

(Stormtrooper)

Move along. Move along.

(/stormtrooper)

I agree. Relax, folks. I want a patch just as much as you do, but it's going to take time to code and to get that coding approved by the publisher, Lucasarts. I'm certain we'll either have the patch or hear word of a fix before the month is out.

In the meantime, please be polite and email Lucasarts with detailed reports of your issues. Obsidian worked hard on this game and while it does have some major issues, they'll be able to help us a lot better if we explain what's wrong and tell them we need help rather than shout and be angry.

The patch will come. The fact that they fixed the manual for the Europeans and fixed the SWUpdate server shows that work is being done. Once they decide which issues to fix in the first real patch, we'll hear an announcement, I bet.

Kiwigapa & airic,

Normally I would agree fully with your level headed statements but the big issue for many users is limited time in which to return our game for a refund. I think what is p***ing most of us off is that neither OE or LA are willing to comment on whether a patch is actually in the works or not. We are being left completely in the dark on this issue. If it were any other publisher than LA, I'd be tempted to hang on but they don't exactly have a fantastic track record in the industry (and as an older gamer, I can remember way back and not just since the XBox appeared). If I were to voice my opinion of them I'm sure it would result in an instant ban, although it's tempting just to see if the mods actually exist. The fact there has been nothing but silence so far from OE/LA does not look very hopeful. If a patch was currently being developed or planned in the near future, where is the harm in saying so and puting the users mind at rest? I contacted my own game store to inquire about a return and I was told that they are already dealing with many irate customers seeking a refund on this title. LA may be too busy right now counting their loot but I predict that retailers will very soon be flooded with returned copies of this game. Perhaps then the devs or publishers might actually take some notice of us.

With the patch, I can play the game with movies, but without sound. I have a Trust Sound Expert 4D sound card and newest update.

Can anyone help me?

Did it work properly before the patch?

As for recent events; I agree it Boba on this- their silence on a patch is both annoying and worrying, and could potentially cost people

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Ahh, but how many are already considering a refund and having been bitten once, will opt for a pirate version IF a patch is released? I really don't see LA doing themselves any big favours here.

Ahhhh indeed. ;)

swift kick in the.... pocket

They don't deserve one. They practically released an alpha version of the game as a retail verison. Obsidian may have great writers but not great coders. This game needed atleast a month or two of polish.

What they do deserve is a swift kick in the balls considering that they made the PC users wait another 3 months and the PC verison still had the same god damn issues the X-BOX version had. It's inexcusable. I would much rather tolerate a game that's been delayed by 2 months than have a buggy game. Besides, even if the game was buggy, LucasArts should've got a team from Obsidian working on a patch. I read here that KotOR 1's 1.01 patch was out before the game was out (been posted on this forum somewhere else). If LucasArts did the same thing with KotOR 2, it might have been a better game.

The fact there has been nothing but silence so far from OE/LA does not look very hopeful. If a patch was currently being developed or planned in the near future, where is the harm in saying so and puting the users mind at rest?

After dealing with Blizzard taking over a year to release 1.10 patch for Diablo 2, I would rather the company be quite about if they are considering a patch. They may only have a small crew working on this particular title, and having looked at both this site and LA's own support forums, they be overwelmed. Truth is were only a week past the retail release and they are obviously gathering data on the issues we are experiencing.

They don't deserve one. They practically released an alpha version of the game as a retail verison. Obsidian may have great writers but not great coders. This game needed atleast a month or two of polish.

What they do deserve is a swift kick in the balls considering that they made the PC users wait another 3 months and the PC verison still had the same god damn issues the X-BOX version had. It's inexcusable. I would much rather tolerate a game that's been delayed by 2 months than have a buggy game. Besides, even if the game was buggy, LucasArts should've got a team from Obsidian working on a patch. I read here that KotOR 1's 1.01 patch was out before the game was out (been posted on this forum somewhere else). If LucasArts did the same thing with KotOR 2, it might have been a better game.

Agreed Darth Ni, i heard that Obsidian is working on the patch right now aka the North American Retail patch to fix the bugs, etc. I will not name my sources. :D

Agreed Darth Ni, i heard that Obsidian is working on the patch right now aka the North American Retail patch to fix the bugs, etc. I will not name my sources. :D

Chris Avellone or Mike Gallo? We need a more reliable source :p

It is neither of them, heh, you will have to find out soon ppl.

And is not Akari, heh :D (w00t) It may be me, :p" I wonder who, lol jks.

It is neither of them, heh, you will have to find out soon ppl.

wont the UK version work for US? i mean , its still english..

The US version doesn't need it. All the patch does is fix the pdf manual, which for some reason was broken on everything except the US version.

No, i dont think so, cuz they might be workin on the us version patch to fix bugs, etc

wont the UK version work for US? i mean , its still english..

The US version doesn't need it. All the patch does is fix the pdf manual, which for some reason was broken on everything except the US version.

No, i dont think so, cuz they might be workin on the us version patch to fix bugs, etc

No, adrich is right, the only reason there wasn't a US "patch" (if that term can be applied) was because the US pfd document wasn't corrupted, and so didn't need it. If they are working on a patch, then it won't be a US exclusive patch, it'll be international and it'll be version 2.01 or whatever, instead of te seemingly random decimal that they had on this last "patch".