Baldur's Gate 2 questions

Darth Drabek

If the Infinity Engine does search for optimal party stats regarding dialogue choices then it's broken.

EXAMPLE:

Talk to the Spectator Beholder in the undersea city. High Wisdom characters can persuade him to give up the plot item he guards and lower ones cannot. I tried it with my average INT & WIS player character and failed. I tried it with Jaheira (with only a slightly above average 14 Wisdom) and succeeded. It's fairly consistent, seeing as I've played through that area with a variety of different party builds about a dozen times.

As for stores, well you will definitely get completely different prices if you don't put your highest charisma-boosted character up as initiating dialogue.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Baldurs Gate isnt the gold standard for rpgs. It is Torment.

I agree Baldur's Gate isn't the gold standard for RPGs it's the Platinum Standard :p

Shall I have to hunt you down like the sorry dog that you are?

Interplay shall never truly die while we remember her.

Talk to the Spectator Beholder in the undersea city.

Good example of BG2 flakiness. Spectator beholders are Lawful Neutral creations of Helm, deity of guardians and protectors, and are most certainly not something a drow wizard would summon. And they sure as Mechanus shouldn't act as comic relief characters.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

They were created by Helm, which means they pretty much are robots.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

However, they are not. Unless you have proof that 100% of Spectator Beholders are EXACTLY the same; you have no legs to sit on while spamming such nonsense. While the majority of Spectators are loyal and subsevriant to Helm; they all are not. They are living creatures, after all.

By your logic, since dwarves were created by Moradin; they are all his robots. Whatever. :o

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You did not address my point of why the hell a drow wizard would summon a spectator beholder in the first place, Volourn. And yes, I agree that not all spectators are 100% the same (they aren't modrons, after all, and even modrons sometimes go rogue), but the spectator in BG2/ToB was a mockery of what a spectator should be.

Why? Because most spectators are serious and area 100% focused on whatever task they're assigned to by whoever summoned from? This is all true. Key word is most.

As for the drow wizard, that's simple. He's a wizard - perhaps he researched a spell to summon a spectator. Perhaps he used some type of magic item,. Pehraps, he had a priest of Helm as a prisoner and forced that priest to summon a spectator. So many possibilities. Use your imagination. Geez..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.