Open Request to Obsidian

There are a lot of man hours in those extra three months.

Because there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the game that extra time would have been a huge benifit.

I enjoyed it a lot but the lack of a decent ending left me cold. Granted I play many JRPGs so I'm spoiled when it comes to endings, but even so KOTOR II's was poor (even worse than KOTOR).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

People seem to forget that KOTOR2 was *always* scheduled to be released between december 2004, and february 2005. Really, the schedule wasn't pushed up or down. It was released about the time it was originally scheduled for.

Compared to alot of other games in the industry, Lucasarts actually shipped on the promised releasedate. How the quality product was is another issue.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There are a lot of man hours in those extra three months.

Because there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the game that extra time would have been a huge benifit.

I enjoyed it a lot but the lack of a decent ending left me cold. Granted I play many JRPGs so I'm spoiled when it comes to endings, but even so KOTOR II's was poor (even worse than KOTOR).

I've thought about that extra time too. But I surmise that once the XBox version was released in November, Obsidian was locked into the same storyline for the PC. They couldn't release two different game endings as it would wreak havoc with K3 developers who would have to develop two different games. My conjecture is that something happened in the release of XBox to force them to truncate the ending, which carried over into the PC version. Maybe they put all their development into the XBox and still missed their deadline and then spent the "extra" three months porting it. Whatever the reason, something drastic clearly happened for them to do what they did. They built in all of this foreshadowing and then dropped it all in the end. It's like King Lear coming into Act V and instead of having the actors playing their parts, he merely recites what happened to all the characters. (Did I just compare Obsidian with Shakespeare?)

How lovely .. my post was deleted although had NOTHING offensive...more like underlining the most common signs that this game was rushed

Also missing a whole map and having lines of dialogue hinting to THAT missing map(HK-47 speaking of the sonic thingie)..having the engine and managing somehow to make it worse moving/behaving than it has in the past...deliberately cutting dialogue lines that some quests can`t be completed even...

THAT can`t be hid by fancy words like "those thingies u MAY find happen in ALL games" - this sounds like "Oh.look...his cat is dead too..."

I won`t reiterate the previous post which was deleted probably because it offended some poor eye ... but instead of defending a poor done job would be better to assume responsability and do something about it

But I guess I ask too much anyway...

edit: I`ll post this message again and again if will be deleted by aby chance as it happened with the previous one

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, this is a rip, complete and utter bull. Just look at the Malachor V scenario as we see. Bao-dur disappeared, MOST Of the party is non-existent. The Ebon Hawk "rescue" seems forced since we never know who flew the ship.

I want an explanation and I want a bonus content disc with the sound bites IF NOT the actual dialogue added into the game. The public needs to know!