Games just came, which do I play first?

Soulbringer isn't so bad. I loved the graphics (snow!) and the intro, but the game is very difficult and has some mean problems to solve. Also, it is heavily combat oriented, and you create your own combos to use in combat. One highly irritating thing is that no matter how fast your monster computer is, the game is always slow going from the playing screen to the inventory screen.

At least give it a try when you're done with the great games, you might like it. It is not at all like Diablo, that's for sure.

For more info: http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,3/gameId,3095/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I talk to everybody I see in RPGs, it hasn't done me a disservice thus far.

I'd wager this will be your type of RPG, then.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'd definitely recommend Platter's Torment FixPack and all his other mods like MaxHP and Cities Explored. If you decide to use the Fixpack do it now because it only works if you haven't visited a specific area which includes fixes yet.

Do NOT install the following files:

1501ATTA.BCS

1501HARG.BCS

1501CS1.BCS

1501CS4.BCS

They are bugged and I have been in contact with Platter who confirmed it.

Do NOT install the following files:

1501ATTA.BCS

1501HARG.BCS

1501CS1.BCS

1501CS4.BCS

They are bugged and I have been in contact with Platter who confirmed it.

I haven't been able to recreate the bug in my save games, but it does happen for me with the one you sent me. Using this version of 1501HARG.BCS instead seems to fix it.

I'm wary of installing any of those fixes because I installed the patch when I first got the game, but due to my copy being the compressed 2 Disc version, the patch screwed it up.

Anyhow, I've gotten the Teeth Gauntlets from Marta down in the Buried Village, and like a dumbarse, even though I had Identify in Dak'kon's spell book, I put them on and the bit me! :thumbsup: Long story short, they were cursed like the ring I already sold (the one you get from Marrow-Friend and have to bite off your own finger to get at), and I now cannot get them off, or use ANY other weapons. Am I just stuck with them for the rest of the game, or is there some spell or other I need to use to ditch them?

Also, I wanna switch from a Fighter to a thief, I've already found the guy to teach me (Ratbone), but I'm trying to figure out the best time to switch, as I've already got ++ Weapon Proficiency in Fists, Blades, and Axes, and + Weapon Proficiency in Hammers. Should I just level up once more (I'm at 5 or 6 now) and get ++ in Hammers, or thrice more and max out everything?

Regarding your little "problem", yes, there are solutions to that in the game, but way harder to get than in your average BG game. But it is in there...

Combat is generally easy after you reach a few levels, you don't need the proficiencies that much, unless you want to bash your way through the game :thumbsup:

I would say, do what you feel like. Not much help, but you really should just experience the game :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm wary of installing any of those fixes because I installed the patch when I first got the game, but due to my copy being the compressed 2 Disc version, the patch screwed it up. 

It is known that the official patch screws the 2 disk edition badly but I never heard that there were any problems with the fixpack other then some internal bugs.

It is known that the official patch screws the 2 disk edition badly but I never heard that there were any problems with the fixpack other then some internal bugs.

Screwed it badly? I couldn't even get it to load the gameworld!

The 2-disc version is already up to date and doesn't need the patch.

Though I'd recommend installing PLATTER's fix pack as it fixes a few scripts

and dialogues regarding NPCs.

Here you can see what it fixes. : http://www.planescape-torment.org/

The 4-disc version requires the 1.1 Patch.

http://official.planescape-torment.org/trmt11.exe

Don't know if its included on the 2-disc version or not. Here's a link to the manual.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Torment/Torment_manual.rar

Its a quick and informative read.

:)

Grrr! Went back and lost about an hour of play to try and figure out how to get these damned Gauntlets off. Talked to Marta again, and she has another item for Morte if I don't lie and get the Gauntlets of Teeth, but they're not even really as good as the Upgraded version of Ingress' Living Teeth that he's already got. Can someone just spell it out for me, how the hell do I get these things off once I put them on? They're a really neat weapon too. :)

Grrr!  Went back and lost about an hour of play to try and figure out how to get these damned Gauntlets off.  Talked to Marta again, and she has another item for Morte if I don't lie and get the Gauntlets of Teeth, but they're not even really as good as the Upgraded version of Ingress' Living Teeth that he's already got.  Can someone just spell it out for me, how the hell do I get these things off once I put them on?  They're a really neat weapon too.  :)

Remove Curse.

Talk to Mebbeth, I believe she has it.

Grrr!  Went back and lost about an hour of play to try and figure out how to get these damned Gauntlets off.  Talked to Marta again, and she has another item for Morte if I don't lie and get the Gauntlets of Teeth, but they're not even really as good as the Upgraded version of Ingress' Living Teeth that he's already got.  Can someone just spell it out for me, how the hell do I get these things off once I put them on?  They're a really neat weapon too.  :)

Remove Curse.

Talk to Mebbeth, I believe she has it.

Grrr! I already talked to that crazy old lady.

She had it, but the only Mage I have is Dak'kon and he's only at Lvl. 2 spells, is there anyone who can cast Remove Curse on me other than party members?

Grr! Just finished changing classes. I only have access to lvl. 1 spells, lvl. 2 if I level up. How many times will I have to level up to be able to cast Remove Curse? (lvl. 4 spell). Dak'kon's already at lvl. 4, but he's only able to cast lvl. 2 spells, though it could be because he's a Multi-Class Character. I just want my gauntlets. :wub: I did unlock all the circles of Zerthimon though, that was fun.

Servant_of_Eru:

Hargrimm the Bleak in the Dead Nations does these things, assuming you did his quests and didn't kill him. Any factions you join should offer Remove Curse, among other types of aid.

Mebbeth can cast Remove Curse, instead of just selling it to you.

This is using the 4-cd version patched to 1.1 official plus Platter's fix 1.37

I suppose there's no difference though.

Play Soulbringer - noone knows what the hell it is so at least you will have something new to bring to the boards (if only to slate it!)

You never know it might prove to be the greatest unknown RPG ever created (or a pile of bollox), yet until you test it we will never know - the anticipation is killing me - kiling me so much I think it is time for bed!