Wich game had the best ingame feeling?

Hampus

Wich game should be looked at for guidance to NWN2?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Wich game should be looked at for guidance to NWN2?

• BG1 - TOTSC
    • BG2 - TOB
    • IWD - HOW
    • IWD 2

"NWN ,well ick.

Get deja vu all the time playing that game. Hey look the temple of Lathander is the Halls of Justice. Wow so is that temple in HotU...

Not to mention every crypt looking like the creator ruins. More to do with tiles than 3d it has to be said."

yet you still play it. Go figure.

As for PST vs. BG2 npcs. Overall, BG2 wins easy. Sure, PST has awesome NPCs in Dak'kon, and FFG. It also has some solid npcs. But, fully 3 npcs are crap. Plain, and simply crap. That's almost half of them. Tin Can, Fire *yawn* Whiner, and Puzzler McDuff are all amongst the WORST npcs ever. Extremely shallow npcs who add so little to the experience I gave them the boot as soon as I saw them. Dak'kon, and FFg are amongst my fave npcs ever; but meh for the others.

All of the npcs in BG2 have some good qualities - even the highly overrated Minsc.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Thats not race spefic dialogue. Race spefic dialogue is dialogue that changes based on the race of the character you are playing. Does that dialogue ever change ? Nope, because TNO is always human.

PST has a pre generated character so it's disqualified simple as that .

Otherwise there are many games I would be using NPCs from  :)

...dear Gods there's no "So yer an Orc, eh...how's that workin' out fer ya?" random dialogue options!!!...alert the media!!!...in fact, PS:T isna e'en an RPG cuz there's no "I hate bein' an Orc" dialogue!!!...that's it, all arguements against are crushed!!!...thank you foer showin' me the way, lad!!!...1000 blessings!!!... :p

...I canna believe it wasna Volourn wit' the Dumbest Thing Posted on these Boards Award[/b] today...well, there's always tomorrow... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Myself I can't get into any game without a PW to support it, and feel like I am RPing. It will innevitably be too limited in the possibilities offered in dialogue options. Real live actors behind the pixels is what gives me that RP feel.

~DX

."..I canna believe it wasna Volourn wit' the Dumbest Thing Posted on these Boards Award[/b] today...well, there's always tomorrow... "

That's impossible. Any day you post you auto win simply with your 'dialect'. :p

...dear Gods there's no "So yer an Orc, eh...how's that workin' out fer ya?" random dialogue options!!!...alert the media!!!...in fact, PS:T isna e'en an RPG cuz there's no "I hate bein' an Orc" dialogue!!!...that's it, all arguements against are crushed!!!...thank you foer showin' me the way, lad!!!...1000 blessings!!!... :shifty:

...I canna believe it wasna Volourn wit' the Dumbest Thing Posted on these Boards Award[/b] today...well, there's always tomorrow... :thumbsup:

And today the role of drama queen will be played by Sargy.

I think you nailed the award with that post... :devil:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

All of the npcs in BG2 have some good qualities - even the highly overrated Minsc.

...really...Nalia...Aerie...Valygar...all useless as **** on a bull with personalities that make yers look like Prince Freakin' Charmin' in comparison...meanwhile:

...Nordom...funny as hell an' one o' the most useful in combat

...Ignus...best mage in the game (not to say much, mind ye)...important fer TNO as he leads ta a slew o' memories...

...Morte...the funniest freakin' NPC e'er...could make PoR2 enjoyable...

...Thank You, Come Again... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

And today the role of drama queen will be played by Sargy.

I think you nailed the award with that post... :thumbsup:

...gave up, eh...thought so; e'en ye were havin' a hard time seein' yer own "point"...happens ta the best o' us, lad...I was wrong once 'afore, too... :shifty:

• Like 1

...gave up, eh...thought so; e'en ye were havin' a hard time seein' yer own "point"...happens ta the best o' us, lad...I was wrong once 'afore, too... :thumbsup:

PST is a game with a pregenerated character so I'm right. Your just trying to get involved in an arguement that has nothing to do with that.

Can you name a better game than BG when it comes to NPCs ? With the condition that it isnt based around a known protagonist , because I cant.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Can you name a better game than BG when it comes to NPCs ? With the condition that it isnt based around a known protagonist , because I cant.

Gothic! :thumbsup:

Of course, you have a pre-made character in that game too, but since noone knows his history or his name it's not quite the same thing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

KoTOR ?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Nordom...funny as hell an' one o' the most useful in combat

...Ignus...best mage in the game (not to say much, mind ye)...important fer TNO as he leads ta a slew o' memories...

...Morte...the funniest freakin' NPC e'er...could make PoR2 enjoyable..."

No. Morte was ok. He is just another Minsc; though. the other two you mentioned along with tin can suck.

KOTOR's npcs are not even close to being as good as BG2.

PST is a game with a pregenerated character so I'm right. Your just trying to get involved in an arguement that has nothing to do with that.

...first off, ye said SoA; now it's BG...make up yer mind... :thumbsup:

...anyways, what's with the "conditions"; noone mentioned those until I backed you inta the corner already...yer still huntin' fer them excuses, eh???...whate'er...funny how yer one o' the very few who think this way, though; 100s o' reviews would e'en argue wit' ya on this one... :shifty:

• Like 1

"100s o' reviews would e'en argue wit' ya on this one... "

That's right... others' opinions only matter when theya gree with yours, right Sargy?

100s of reviews believe that Diablo is a better game than PST. That means its true!

R00fles!

That's right... others' opinions only matter when theya gree with yours, right Sargy?

100s of reviews believe that Diablo is a better game than PST. That means its true!

R00fles!

...show me 100 reviews that say Diablo is better than PS:T...c'mon, I's waitin'...I can show ye 100+ reviews that say one o' the greatest strengths o' PS:T be its NPCs...only point I was makin', dwarf...ye should stick wit' yer one point; ya know, that thing on the top o' yer head... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

...first off, ye said SoA; now it's BG...make up yer mind... :thumbsup:

...anyways, what's with the "conditions"; noone mentioned those until I backed you inta the corner already...yer still huntin' fer them excuses, eh???...whate'er...funny how yer one o' the very few who think this way, though; 100s o' reviews would e'en argue wit' ya on this one... :shifty:

BG is all encompasing usually refers to the series or BG though.

I pointed them out long before you arrived. Which is why I said I wouldnt compare NPCs from JRPGs to anything because they too have pre gen protagonists.

Anyone with common sense should realise that writing an NPC to interact with a specific protagonist is a whole lot easier than writing one to interact with a series of variables dont ya think ? :D

I doubt there are even 100's of reviews in the first place.

478327[/snapback]

Gothic! :thumbsup:

Of course, you have a pre-made character in that game too, but since noone knows his history or his name it's not quite the same thing.

Damn straight.

I've been saying this from day one. Pirhanna Bytes is carrying the old banner that used to be held by Origin. They are creating new and exciting worlds where you can play out great adventures.

Expand your horizons beyond Bioware, Black Isle, and Troika.

"show me 100 reviews that say Diablo is better than PS:T..."

Please. You know full well that most people including most reviewers prefer Diablo over PST. Don't hide your ehad in the sand.

"Expand your horizons beyond Bioware, Black Isle, and Troika."

I did. And, if the Gothic series is a sample of Pirhana Bites' work; I don't want part of it. It had some promise; but ultimately ended up sucking.

And, oh, there are other companies I like other than the three you mentioned. However, PB is surely not one of them. i like GOOD game developers. not pretenders.

BG is all encompasing usually refers to the series or BG though.

I pointed them out long before you arrived. Which is why I said I wouldnt compare NPCs from JRPGs to anything because they too have pre gen protagonists.

Anyone with common sense should realise that writing an NPC to interact with a specific protagonist is a whole lot easier than writing one to interact with a series of variables dont ya think ?  :D

I doubt there are even 100's of reviews in the first place.

...not really the point, though, is it...an' anyways, yer tellin' me writtin' 50 bland, generic things to say to/about X in BG/SoA is harder than writtin' one well-thought-out, in depth response/query/reaction to TNO...are ye daft???...ye really wanna compare the writin' in BG/SoA ta PS:T???...I thought not...hell, waay more than half the time in BG/SoA, there's either no difference or a one or two word difference in responses ta different genders/races/classes...yer good excuse well is still dry, lad...with no rain in sight, I's afraid... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"show me 100 reviews that say Diablo is better than PS:T..."

Please. You know full well that most people including most reviewers prefer Diablo over PST.

...show me 100 reviewers who said this, then...ye stepped up ta bat, dwarf; at least take one cut 'afore ye strikes out... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"show me 100 reviewers who said this, then...ye stepped up ta bat, dwarf; at least take one cut 'afore ye strikes out... "

Show me yours, and I still won't show you mine. I don't need to prove this to you as anyone who is being honest that most reviewers as well as most players prefer Diablo over PST (or BG, or whatever other game you can think of except the Sims most likely, R00fles!).

...show me 100 reviewers who said this, then...ye stepped up ta bat, dwarf; at least take one cut 'afore ye strikes out... :-

Well you can show me the 100's of PST reviews since you brought it up. Unless your all mouth of course.

Most people have enough sense to realise that writing NPCs is different when you need to write them for variable characters. Just as most people realise writing a book is a lot more predictable than writing a multi path adventure.

478327[/snapback]

Well you can show me the 100's of PST reviews since you brought it up. Unless your all mouth of course.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22Pla...nG=Search&meta=

...there's 279...want more???...cuz I can find more... :rolleyes:

Most people have enough sense to realise that writing NPCs is different when you need to write them for variable characters. Just as most people realise writing a book is a lot more predictable than writing a multi path adventure.

...different and "a whole lot easier" are two different things, lad...like I said; PS:T may have only had one or two differences here and there on replays, but the "differences" 'tween class/race/gender fer BG/SoA were laughable...a few words here and there; that's it...repetition is what it is, with a word or two changed here and there...yer not foolin' anyone who played BG or SoA inta believin' there was "huge" differences, or e'en moderate ones fer that matter, that relied upon which race/class/gender ya was...ye was a cookie-cutter...a cookie-cutter in interchangeable Barbie outfits, but a cookie-cutter nonetheless... :-

• Like 1