Why no XBOX live??

Personaly I would have loved to finaly be able to play the HK factory but I guess we will have to wait until the PC version is released and someone cracks the code so everyone can access it.

A Developer answered some questions in the PC forums, and this was his answer to a question about additional content on the PC:

"I don't believe there will be bonus material. The timeline we were given to finish the PC version is pretty short and does not include time for making changes to the interface other than fixing any bugs QA finds."

The full post is in the "Questions to Devs - PC Style" thread.

I'm a PC user myself, and the belief that there would be added content in the PC release was the only thing that really made the two-month wait worthwhile, for me. This news came as quite a disappointment. This, combined with what I've heard of the Xbox version of KoTOR II, is starting to make me think that Obsidian may have taken a truly great game, and brilliant starting material, and turned it into a sequel that's just... pretty good. The game seems completely playable, but I'm afraid that the PC version, when I can finally play it, will turn out to not be anything special. Considering how good the original game was, that's quite a drop in expectations of quality.

couple points...

1) Xbox does not allow "patches" for their games. They do allow "content updates". Now, there is grey area concerning "content updates that over-write previously buggy code". This isn't guessing, this is fact. I worked at Xbox for a couple years and was on the certification team that yeah or nayed games, content, demos, etc.

Wrong! Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow along with almost every other XBox live title has received patches both minor and major. A patch for Battlefront will be released this month which will correct various problems with the game and increase the multiplayer max to 32. The patch will also feature a new map called Jabba's place.

See, thats what I thought. I had heard of games getting new content (splinter cell and ghost recon) but I have not heard of games getting repairs/changes to the core of the game. I had the notion that TentamusDarkblade was referring to XBOX not OK'ing repairs on games that have already been released, which makes sense. Where did you get the info that Battlefront would get repairs? Battlefront must have sold tons of copies to makes LA feel that such changes would make them money. I'm not too good on this quote stuff.

Wrong! Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow along with almost every other XBox live title has received patches both minor and major. A patch for Battlefront will be released this month which will correct various problems with the game and increase the multiplayer max to 32. The patch will also feature a new map called Jabba's place.

Well, then it's new policy as of about 6 months ago. When i was with Xbox cert it was a standing rule that no patches came out for games unless it was to fix a major issue that had never been seen prior to ship. And those usually one went out for large titles or for publishers who had alot of clout. In the time i was there i can remember only a couple patches that were snuck in as "Content Updates".

Lol I am sure there is updates like in KOTOR 1 but if you cant use xbox live get KOTOR 2 for PC then have all the fun you want lol.

I don't have the money to upgrade my computer every few months just so I can play a game. I'd MUCH rather spend my hundred fifty on a console and play games on that. Plus, sitting in front of a computer hacking on a keyboard is nothing compared to relaxing on a recliner/couch and playing my game on a much bigger screen. Some of you must be cash cows or live with your momma. Just too expense for me, sorry if I'm poor.

*This post was not entirely directed at you Odabhsoj.

Neither do I but I manage and you don't need to upgrade your computer every few months. Its it every few years. My last computer last me 4 years and I was able to play KotOR 1 no problems. My current computer is going on its second year. Upgrading a every few months is a myth.

Neither do I but I manage and you don't need to upgrade your computer every few months.  Its it every few years.  My last computer last me 4 years and I was able to play KotOR 1 no problems.  My current computer is going on its second year.  Upgrading a every few months is a myth.

I guess I've just heard rumors. I still prefer console games, but to each his own.

The only advantage I can see to having pc kotor2 is the possible modding. Since the source engine is the same it should not take as long for the mods to start hitting the internet. Personally this time though I am going to wait and see the different mods before purchasing PC version. If only LA had the foresight to offer an toolset for both KOTOR 1&2. Half-life was selling for a decent price for years. Why? because valve released the source code and that spun more mods than you can shake a stick at. Heck some even got published(Counter-Strike). I could be mistaken though.

some folks are more comfortable at a computer desk, some are more comfortable on the couch. Personally, i sit at a computer desk all day at work so it's nice to get home and plop down on the couch and play a console.

Plus, with having a spouse it's nicer to be able to play multiplayer games together on the couch. Computers generally can't offer that type of multiplayer experience.