Waiting for the PAL-release, anyone else?

So the americans already got theirs, but we in europe hav'to wait for another month or so... I myself am a big fan of the original, having completed it 6 times, so i'm getting quite excited about this sequel. Actually i'm quite suprised that obsidian was this fast in providing us with a sequel and, according to the many reviews, a good one too. NICE JOB! that's all I can say.

Now, I wonder if there is anyone else who might be waitin' for this game? Atleast back at the bioware forums we had plenty, around the time of the release of the 1st KOTOR. So is there any veterans who share this agony of not having the game.

And for those who already have the game: Is it good, or even better than the original?

11 february=not fair!!! >_<

thx for possible replys.

Yes, indeed. Allthough reading all those reviews and news and stuff make the wait seem really long. Also there is the danger of investigating too much, since you obviously don't want to ruin you're gaming experience. Allthough most reviews try to reveal very little, you still pick up a few things here and there and suddenly something starts to come together. No matter how much you try to dodge and avoid spoilers, something allways gets through. Which is why i've stopped reading the articles, a decision which is quite hard to keep. Maybe I should dump the PC and xbox until 11 feb.

Character design is one of the things you can check out though, I did it the first time and that only improved my game with KOTOR 1. Having a clear picture of what you want to be helps. So this time i think i'm gonna start darkside, guardian-marauder sounds really a kick-ass combination and for the second round i think i'm gonna pick lightside consular-jedi master since a lightside force user is usually considered a bit more challenging to master than it's dark counterpart.

Anyone else with plans about their character?

So its less than four weeks now. No point counting it more accurately... yet. Days, minutes and seconds can wait.

Yes I am also "waiting" for KOTOR2 to be released in Australia. I don't see the reason for the delay, I mean why do the Yanks get DVD's AND games earlier than we do. I just don't see the point in making us wait.

I've had a fit about this topic so many times and I can't seem to get any good evidence telling mew why, oh why we get games and DVD's so late after the "REST OF THE WORLD."

So the americans already got theirs, but we in europe hav'to wait for another month or so... I myself am a big fan of the original, having completed it 6 times, so i'm getting quite excited about this sequel. Actually i'm quite suprised that obsidian was this fast in providing us with a sequel and, according to the many reviews, a good one too. NICE JOB! that's all I can say.

Now, I wonder if there is anyone else who might be waitin' for this game? Atleast back at the bioware forums we had plenty, around the time of the release of the 1st KOTOR. So is there any veterans who share this agony of not having the game.

And for those who already have the game: Is it good, or even better than the original?

11 february=not fair!!! :(

thx for possible replys.

Have no fear Jinrai,

The game is awsome and well worth the wait.

If you pay attention to who is posting the negative stuff yas will see its the same 4 people just posting same garbage over and over and never backing up their opinions with facts.

TSL however is DIFFERENT then part 1.

1) The storyline is much more involved so you really have to pay attention to whats said and remember it (not paying attention or remembering is the number one problem regarding these so called bugged quests. All the info is there to be gotten, just need to think).

2) I found I had a better relationship with part 2 characters (I started to actually care about them as character. In part 1 I only really cared about Bastila, Carth, Mandalore, and myself).

3) Party members stories are tied into the main storyline. Many folks miss the seperate npc storylines for each party members from part 1 (side stories that dont effect main story what so ever). This time around its ALL Relevant which I loved about Part 2.

4) Its a more mature game. Part 1 was great but it was very very basic writing as far as the storyline went. Part 2 is much more adult content that makes you think (anouther reason why some folks had serious troubles with quests and storyline).

The only true downside to game is the ending. The ending could have been done much much better but if you veiw it fairly, its still not the worst ending ever published in a RPG, just its not the best either. I think people had such a high standard for KotOR series they judge it alot harsher then other stuff. The fact that KotOR2 has (for the most part) sttod up to that harsher standards should answer all your questions on if its a good game!

In closing, you WILL enjoy this game! Its not better or worse then the original one, its different! Its strenghts come from the storyline and interaction rather then the end cut screen. Combat and other things like that still pretty much the same :)

Waiting as well, tho the wait will soon be over :( Was actually debating purchasing a US version for a while but got over it.

A worldwide release would've rocked, and I probably could've avoided reading some of the info on the game that I would've preferred to see/discover myself.

Have no fear Jinrai,

The game is awsome and well worth the wait.

Thx for those well backed up opinions I can really see why you think it's better, or different like you put it. And I don't really worry about the ending, since it surely can't be as bad as FABLEs! or the cliffhanger ending of HALO2 (understandable for halo3, though).

I understand it's a bit more darkside "friendly" this time too, so you don't have to play good just to get more out of your party? (Juhani case, lot's of conversation options)

I think you've only made my wait worse, but i guess it's worth the effort. :)

Thx again Kalfear.

So anyone planned their characters in advance?

Yes I am also "waiting" for KOTOR2 to be released in Australia. I don't see the reason for the delay, I mean why do the Yanks get DVD's AND games earlier than we do. I just don't see the point in making us wait.

I've had a fit about this topic so many times and I can't seem to get any good evidence telling mew why, oh why we get games and DVD's so late after the "REST OF THE WORLD."

I know how you feel, it seems pretty dumb, surely they could publish the same version everywhere. Usually when you ask about the reasons for this kind of delay, they just give you the "we have to translate the manuals, change the zone codes(or whtvr their called) and make more copies"-explanation. I don't really buy those reasons since they could do it in time, but i guess it can't be helped, usa is the most important marketing zone.

If you remember xbox was originally designed so that the "zone codes" wouldn't be needed, but that really didn't take off because of publishers like ea who make their crappy games for every console and gizmo out there= greedy i say.

Maybe the DEVS of Kotor2 who obviosly uphold this forum could give us an answer, but i doubt it would be any better.

Well, i guess we just have to wait.

Darkside friendly, yaaa :) I think thats fair.

But to be totally honest, I have played through 8 times now and played LS male/female and DS male/female and the game seems to flow the smoothest as a LS male character.

Thats just my opinion tho, might just be my preference for playing a goodie shinning through :lol:

Darkside friendly, yaaa :) I think thats fair.

But to be totally honest, I have played through 8 times now and played LS male/female and DS male/female and the game seems to flow the smoothest as a LS male character.

Thats just my opinion tho, might just be my preference for playing a goodie shinning through :)

8 times and it's been out for what? a month?... ookay. I guess it's good then. :)

And it's probably just your do-gooder(good-doer) attitude. :p

But I guess harmony is always smooth compared to chaos, eh?

A month! A whole month! left to wait... :)

8 times and it's been out for what? a month?... ookay. I guess it's good then.  :)

And it's probably just your do-gooder(good-doer) attitude.  :p

But I guess harmony is always smooth compared to chaos, eh?

A month! A whole month! left to wait... :)

LOL aye

First time through was a power session of 40 hours (no sleep), game was really addictive (and I was use to SWG by SOE so was long over due for some well done Sci Fi content). I missed so much content that had to replay immediately just to try and find out what I missed.

Rest of the games only really took 20 hours each tho.

KotOR 2 just like any game out there, once yas finished once you basically know what to do and where to go so the difficulty curve is way lower.

I will say this tho, on my 8th game I was STILL finding odd bits and peices here and there that I had missed (or taken different route so wasnt available to other characters). About to start 9th game as read about 2 things for sure Ive never done before.

Definately has replay value :)

Yep, that's my KOTOR. I think you can still find new stuff even from the first if you looked hard enough. Replay value? Yes, definetely, but I'm not sure if REplay as a word describes it too good, since it's almost a different game 2nd time (atleast in the 1st kotor it was and that seems to be the case this time around too :) ).

And I really have to give ya some credit for "power session of 40 hours " isn't something everybody can do. You realise it's almost 2 days? And you still managed to keep yourself awake during those less interesting quests (sth like fetch and bring it back through an area you've been through 7 times, and don't tell me there aren't any because there allways is.) and played pazaak, had lot's of conversations and so on...? Now that's quite an achievement. I myself am thinking of sleeping maybe a few hours, you know gather some lost energy an exitement and all... Still, completing a rpg in one single long run is fun I have to admit (done it). Well done Kalfear, well done.

Maybe I should complete it really quick too, considering my matriculation examination is due a month from the release... nah, why worry about your future, when you can play KOTOR2?! Having some issues with this, since I've never been good in controlling my... well almost an addiction for good games. Can't really stop until I've had enough once I get to it. Maybe I should see a shrink? Nah, it's time to grow up, Im not buying kotor2 afterall... :p" Yeah, right.

Counting the days... it's bout 19... whoa, time's really flying, doesn't seem that long nomore... Soon i'll be able to debate on all the whatsifs and howtodothisses around here... :)

And I really have to give ya some credit for "power session of 40 hours " isn't something everybody can do. You realise it's almost 2 days? And you still managed to keep yourself awake during those less interesting quests (sth like fetch and bring it back through an area you've been through 7 times, and don't tell me there aren't any because there allways is.) and played pazaak, had lot's of conversations and so on...? Now that's quite an achievement. I myself am thinking of sleeping maybe a few hours, you know gather some lost energy an exitement and all... Still, completing a rpg in one single long run is fun I have to admit (done it). Well done Kalfear, well done.

LOL, credit?????

Maybe a psych test would be more fitting.

Im a old school DIE HARD Power gamer from MMORPGs so the long sessions not that hard!

Cant count the number of days I would play UO/EQ/DAoC for like 10 hours, get 2 hours sleep, go work for for 8-10 hours, and repeat process! LOL

LOL, credit?????

Maybe a psych test would be more fitting.

Im a old school DIE HARD Power gamer from MMORPGs so the long sessions not that hard!

Cant count the number of days I would play UO/EQ/DAoC for like 10 hours, get 2 hours sleep, go work for for 8-10 hours, and repeat process! LOL

Okay, so the reason you're alive is to play RPGs, I get it. But i'm still saying not everyone can do it. I guess you're one of those um... what did the japanese call them? oh yes, hikikomori (not too sure it's the right term though, not being Japanese an all). You know those ol' boys not leaving their houses, but for one purpose: to able to stay home for all the "free" time they have. Nah, just teasing you, I'm sure you have life beyond MMORPGS, UOs EQs and so on... :lol:

Wow these forums are better than I thought: besides talking about games, you can also find answers to the structural questions of human mind: why does anything exist?- well to play RPGs of course! I'm sure god is also a kotor fan.

Okay, this is just a bit off topic, eh? Let's just agree that Kotors are good and RPGs are fun to play, if sometimes some1 somewhere plays a bit too much from someones point of view... :wacko:

Ooooh 15 more days, or 14 if you are getting it a day early like me.......why oh why can't they release internationally at the same time ok there is a difference between ntsc and pal but that wouldn't take long to change so why don't they release an international copy a lot sooner. Ok they may also translate it for various countries but given that french kids on holiday seem to buy loads of games in my local store in the UK i don't think that language is a major problem for sale of games plus whats the point of letting american's speak our language if we can't get any benefit out of it like games being released in the UK and australia(and other ex-colonies who still speak english) at the same time as the US. :thumbsup:

P.S. Just remembered austalia is still technically a colony, sorry for that.....sorry for forgetting and sorry you're still a colony.....same goes for canada.

Yeah, release is getting closer. Luckily I'm from Finland, so we get the UK version. :D (adequate language skills, all hail education!)

And watch out british boy, you don't want to get as arrogant as the Yanks, or the whole world will end up hating your queen too. :)

--> nobody take anything personally here, just yapping.

And watch out british boy, you don't want to get as arrogant as the Yanks, or the whole world will end up hating your queen too.  :)

Excuse me; us Brits were arrogant waaaaaay before the Yanks jumped on the bandwagon.

Of course, back then, we had reason to be arrogant; like the Yanks, we were actually a world power in those days. Shame our politicians seem to think we're still a power.

American release is February 8th, European releae is February 11th. Its not that much to fuzz about.

oh, you were talking about the version for "that non-pc platform that shall not be named"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Lol to both of you.

Well atleast you Britons have sth to show of your ancient might. Still the one country in Europe we finns have some respect towards (very little though :) ), unlike the French, who think their big, but in truth all they have is their stupid language. One thing though: football is inferior to ice hockey, why do you bother?

I won't go all the way telling why I prefer Xbox, I'm just saying that i've been on the other side of the fence too and found this side a lot more comfortable. (read: the couch, games instantly playable)

Yeah, release is getting closer. Luckily I'm from Finland, so we get the UK version. :D  (adequate language skills, all hail education!)

And watch out british boy, you don't want to get as arrogant as the Yanks, or the whole world will end up hating your queen too.  :rolleyes:

Moi arrogant, i'm too perfect to ever be arrogant :)