Does This Make The Exile Stronger Then Revan?

Hello There :thumbsup:

I have heard countless times that the Exile can bond with others either ways with force senitives or with non-force senitives and that the exile was a wound in the force now does this make the exile much stronger then Revan at all because Revan doesn't have a special "rare" power that the exile has or is Revan still more powerful then the exile?

any thoughts?

Force-wise, I always felt that Revan would whip the Exiles bum.  The Jedi Masters explained that the Exile was sort of a Force leech, right.  So any power s/he exhibits doesn't really belong to her/him but rather everyone else their leeching off of, right?

This is a silly discussion but I cannot resist contributing:

Revan and the Exile seem to have a parallel power in the force through different means. Revan inspires and enslaves minds through the force, the Exile seems to achieve the same thing in order to connect to the force. Revan achieved it on a much larger scale though, so it becomes a question of how you measure power. Before you think about that though, it's better to question why you're measuring the power of imaginary people to begin with.

According to Kreia, the exile was more powerful than Revan

I don't recall Kreia saying that. She does say, quite distinctly, that Revan and the Exile's powers are "different". She may even say that the Exile is her greatest student, but again that isn't the same thing as being "more powerful than Revan".

I don't recall Kreia saying that. She does say, quite distinctly, that Revan and the Exile's powers are "different". She may even say that the Exile is her greatest student, but again that isn't the same thing as being "more powerful than Revan".

also, kreia is high on the exile because he possesses that "power" (or whatever you want to call being a "wound" in the force) that kreia wants to take advantage of to destroy the jedi and the force in general.

so for her needs, the exile is more "powerful", but that doesnt necessarily imply overall power.

also, kreia is high on the exile because he possesses that "power" (or whatever you want to call being a "wound" in the force) that kreia wants to take advantage of to destroy the jedi and the force in general.

so for her needs, the exile is more "powerful", but that doesnt necessarily imply overall power.

Exactly. Kreia is the most conflicted character in the game. On one hand she wants to use you to destroy the force, yet she also wants you to prove that you're her greatest apprentice by killing her. She tells you at the start of the game that Traya is one of the Sith Lords who must be stopped.

Does anyone else find it ironic that regardless of whether you choose to play light or dark you still follow the path of a Sith Apprentice in effect, as your final objective is to kill your master?

i thought it was a little weak when i was playing extreme lightside, that even when it was obvious what kreia was after and who she was, there was no way to confront her about it or get rid of her from my party until dantooine and the meeting with the council.

I agree. Kreia was a little too easy to see through, and I would dearly love to have been able to kick people out of my party.

I think that, given enough dev time, it would be excellent to be able to remove people from your party. If there was a pool of 20 or so characters who could join you and only 12 slots to put them in, it would add much more depth to these games. And, the added bonus of being able to get rid of characters like Kreia who have a shelf life of about 20 minutes.

I originally remember them talking about doing that, like ppl couldnt join ur party if u were an alignment (which they left in) but u could also get rid of ppl or ppl would leave ur party if u didnt influence them and u changed alignment (pretty sure I thought they said something like that, and didn't do it, must have scrapped the feature)

Kreia is the reason the Exile is on this journey of his/hers, without her there wouldn't be much point to KOTOR 2.

doesnt mean she has to be IN your party to remain in the story. as it was, i rarely used her as a lightsider and she spent her time on the ebon hawk. her only real appearances in the story were through cutscenes or when i had to bring her along.

I didn't use her much, for healing purposes, until I got Master Heal. But she is still good to have around. Like, when you ask her to teach you about the Force. More Force points is good, so is experience, and sometimes powers....although Beast Trick was the biggest waste of a Force power since....Speed.

Ok so say for instance the exile and Revan faced each other,the exile could bond with Revan and steal his power if he wanted too,thats the force wound who steals other Jedis powers and non-jedis life force bla bla bla.

Look, there's no real way to judge. At the end of KotOR2, the Exile is far stronger than Revan, and Kreia acknowledges him as her greatest student. However, the question needs to be asked if this was due to his cipher ability or if before his final confrontation with Kreia he manages to put Malachor V behind him and heal himself. If this is the case, then, yes, he is stronger. If he did not, then I would say no. Master Vrook called the Exile a "mediocre Jedi" before the Mandalorian Wars, intimating that the Exile was not very strong in the Force and/or not particularly dedicated to the Jedi's teachings. Of course, this could just be Vrook talking, so take it with a grain of salt. If Vrook was right, than the Exile is the weaker one, with Revan the stronger.

However, comparing Force strength is really a fruitless exercise. Throwing out Force strength as a comparison, I would say that the Exile is the stronger. Why? Several reasons. First, he broke with Revan after the Mandalorian Wars. He was the only Jedi who went to fight with Revan and not be corrupted by Revan. This means that he has an incredible will power, which leads me to my second point. The Exile is the only Jedi ever to cut himself off from the Force, which is something that should be impossible according to all that the Jedi of KotOR2 know. Yet, he managed to do it, and still lived. This extremely powerful will that the Exile has leads me to believe that, if he and Revan were to do battle for some odd reason, the Exile would win, simply because through his will he'd be able to do the impossible.

Perhaps a better question would be, who would you rather trust to save your skin? The brilliantly tactician and powerful Force Sensitive Revan, or the very good tactician (he was a general under Revan, and actually receives praise from Mandalore for his deeds) and able to do the impossible Exile? I'd pick the Exile, myself.

Look, there's no real way to judge.  At the end of KotOR2, the Exile is far stronger than Revan, and Kreia acknowledges him as her greatest student.  However, the question needs to be asked if this was due to his cipher ability or if before his final confrontation with Kreia he manages to put Malachor V behind him and heal himself.  If this is the case, then, yes, he is stronger.  If he did not, then I would say no.  Master Vrook called the Exile a "mediocre Jedi" before the Mandalorian Wars, intimating that the Exile was not very strong in the Force and/or not particularly dedicated to the Jedi's teachings.  Of course, this could just be Vrook talking, so take it with a grain of salt.  If Vrook was right, than the Exile is the weaker one, with Revan the stronger.

However, comparing Force strength is really a fruitless exercise.  Throwing out Force strength as a comparison, I would say that the Exile is the stronger.  Why?  Several reasons.  First, he broke with Revan after the Mandalorian Wars.  He was the only Jedi who went to fight with Revan and not be corrupted by Revan.  This means that he has an incredible will power, which leads me to my second point.  The Exile is the only Jedi ever to cut himself off from the Force, which is something that should be impossible according to all that the Jedi of KotOR2 know.  Yet, he managed to do it, and still lived.  This extremely powerful will that the Exile has leads me to believe that, if he and Revan were to do battle for some odd reason, the Exile would win, simply because through his will he'd be able to do the impossible.

Perhaps a better question would be, who would you rather trust to save your skin?  The brilliantly tactician and powerful Force Sensitive Revan, or the very good tactician (he was a general under Revan, and actually receives praise from Mandalore for his deeds) and able to do the impossible Exile?  I'd pick the Exile, myself.

Unless you're Ullic Qel Droma.....then you'd want Exar Kun & Mandalore. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

Look, there's no real way to judge.  At the end of KotOR2, the Exile is far stronger than Revan, and Kreia acknowledges him as her greatest student.  However, the question needs to be asked if this was due to his cipher ability or if before his final confrontation with Kreia he manages to put Malachor V behind him and heal himself.  If this is the case, then, yes, he is stronger.  If he did not, then I would say no.  Master Vrook called the Exile a "mediocre Jedi" before the Mandalorian Wars, intimating that the Exile was not very strong in the Force and/or not particularly dedicated to the Jedi's teachings.  Of course, this could just be Vrook talking, so take it with a grain of salt.  If Vrook was right, than the Exile is the weaker one, with Revan the stronger.

However, comparing Force strength is really a fruitless exercise.  Throwing out Force strength as a comparison, I would say that the Exile is the stronger.  Why?  Several reasons.  First, he broke with Revan after the Mandalorian Wars.  He was the only Jedi who went to fight with Revan and not be corrupted by Revan.  This means that he has an incredible will power, which leads me to my second point.  The Exile is the only Jedi ever to cut himself off from the Force, which is something that should be impossible according to all that the Jedi of KotOR2 know.  Yet, he managed to do it, and still lived.  This extremely powerful will that the Exile has leads me to believe that, if he and Revan were to do battle for some odd reason, the Exile would win, simply because through his will he'd be able to do the impossible.

Perhaps a better question would be, who would you rather trust to save your skin?  The brilliantly tactician and powerful Force Sensitive Revan, or the very good tactician (he was a general under Revan, and actually receives praise from Mandalore for his deeds) and able to do the impossible Exile?  I'd pick the Exile, myself.

Oh lord. This is turning into the A team vs. Macguyver.

Some small points: The Exile may be Kreia's greatest student but that means approximately nothing. Revan, it's fair to say, wouldn't have been interested in dedicating himself to any ideology, sith or jedi or another. We know that he had many masters, that he has played the role of sith and jedi, saviour and destroyer, Revan has only ever been seeking to empower himself in order to face this unknown threat that we keep hearing about.

Secondly, the Exile was certainly corrupted by serving under Revan. I think the chances of a Jedi giving the order to use the Mass Shadow Generator would be somewhat unlikely unless they were under Revan's thrall. Kotor 2 is ultimately about the Exile's redemption for that act, after all.

And what does "power" have to do with anything anyway? Revan's story is one of prodigious and enigmatic talent, and galactic domination, changing the future course of the entire Republic. The Exile's story is far more internal, about facing up to the past, correcting mistakes, seeking redemption and learning about the ramifications of his/her powers. Revan probably has the more complex story (fleshed out in Kotor 2), while the Exile is the more complex character. Throughout Kotor 2 the Exile is learning a lesson that Revan already knows well, that the smallest actions can have enormous consequences. Revan is certainly the more advanced tactician, manipulator, and warrior.

But if they must face of in an imaginary confrontation for the good of this thread, I'd have to back Revan - simply because there would be no real confrontation. Revan has displayed more foresight, knowledge and cunning, he would probably be aware of any looming threat from the Exile and nip it in the bud with a well-placed and impeccably timed dropping of a tic-tac. :p

Some small points: The Exile may be Kreia's greatest student but that means approximately nothing. Revan, it's fair to say, wouldn't have been interested in dedicating himself to any ideology, sith or jedi or another. We know that he had many masters, that he has played the role of sith and jedi, saviour and destroyer, Revan has only ever been seeking to empower himself in order to face this unknown threat that we keep hearing about.

Secondly, the Exile was certainly corrupted by serving under Revan. I think the chances of a Jedi giving the order to use the Mass Shadow Generator would be somewhat unlikely unless they were under Revan's thrall. Kotor 2 is ultimately about the Exile's redemption for that act, after all.

And what does "power" have to do with anything anyway? Revan's story is one of prodigious and enigmatic talent, and galactic domination, changing the future course of the entire Republic. The Exile's story is far more internal, about facing up to the past, correcting mistakes, seeking redemption and learning about the ramifications of his/her powers. Revan probably has the more complex story (fleshed out in Kotor 2), while the Exile is the more complex character. Throughout Kotor 2 the Exile is learning a lesson that Revan already knows well,  that the smallest actions can have enormous consequences. Revan is certainly the more advanced tactician, manipulator, and warrior. 

But if they must face of in an imaginary confrontation for the good of this thread, I'd have to back Revan - simply because there would be no real confrontation. Revan has displayed more foresight, knowledge and cunning, he would probably be aware of any looming threat from the Exile and nip it in the bud with a well-placed and impeccably timed dropping of a tic-tac. :lol:

Go A Team!

Kidding aside, I'd have to agree that Revan would be stronger, but for different reasons. I get the feeling that the Exile is somewhat of a cross between Revan and Malak: force strong vs. battle strong. The Exile was a General during the Mandalorian wars, obviously showing his strength down on the battlefield, sort of like Malak. But unlike Malak, the Exile was able to influence troops with force bonds, sort of like Revan (except Revan was a more charismatic type, supposedly). However, Revan obviously killed Malak, so I suspect he would be able to beat the Exile, but not quite with the same ease. Just a thought.

And what does "power" have to do with anything anyway? Revan's story is one of prodigious and enigmatic talent, and galactic domination, changing the future course of the entire Republic. The Exile's story is far more internal, about facing up to the past, correcting mistakes, seeking redemption and learning about the ramifications of his/her powers. Revan probably has the more complex story (fleshed out in Kotor 2), while the Exile is the more complex character. Throughout Kotor 2 the Exile is learning a lesson that Revan already knows well,  that the smallest actions can have enormous consequences. Revan is certainly the more advanced tactician, manipulator, and warrior. 

But if they must face of in an imaginary confrontation for the good of this thread, I'd have to back Revan - simply because there would be no real confrontation. Revan has displayed more foresight, knowledge and cunning, he would probably be aware of any looming threat from the Exile and nip it in the bud with a well-placed and impeccably timed dropping of a tic-tac. :thumbsup:

I've been reading a lot of your posts HK and you are absolutely brilliant. *stands up and applauds*

I think more so after playing K2 that Revan was much more "advanced" in any shape or form than the exile. I am not putting down the Exile but Revan is obviously the better. During the Mandalorian Wars Revan proved he was the master manipulator and strategist, all along he knew what he was doing and why. The Exile, however, was blind to this and just followed orders. Sure ingame the Exile had new force powers and feats but that's video game wise but story wise Revan could beat the Exile.

I've been reading a lot of your posts HK and you are absolutely brilliant. *stands up and applauds*

I think more so after playing K2 that Revan was much more "advanced" in any shape or form than the exile. I am not putting down the Exile but Revan is obviously the better. During the Mandalorian Wars Revan proved he was the master manipulator and strategist, all along he knew what he was doing and why. The Exile, however, was blind to this and just followed orders. Sure ingame the Exile had new force powers and feats but that's video game wise but story wise Revan could beat the Exile.

not to mention that, if we're going so far as to speculate, we can assume that if there was some kind of "confrontation", revan would also "learn" these new force powers that the exile had since it would be rather silly to compare a character from kotor1 and no "prestige classes" to a character from kotor2 with prestige classes.

just comparing which character achieved a higher "level" would be silly because of the fact that, in reality, both characters achieved the maximum "level" allowable under their respective settings.

also, because of the exile's "weakness" (being a wound in the force), i think someone like revan has more true power since he doesnt need to feed off of others to sustain his power. look how weak nihilus was when he had no force sensitives to feed off of. i picture the exile being similar whereas revan's power comes from just "natural" force ability.

Ok, from what I know I believe that Revan and the Exile would probably be equally matched. If they where to fight in one on one combat the exile would feed off revan's power making him just as powerful as Revan and thus making them equal in power, other than that, the exiles power depends upon those he feeds off of, if he has noone to feed off of then he has no power.

Overall I would say Revan is more powerful, he is a tactical genious, he slew Mandalore and hundreds of jedi single handedly and the only thing that was able to bring him down was a backstab by Malak when Revan was busy fighting off a Jedi Strike Team which he most likely would have killed if Malak had not interfered. (Would have made a cool cutscene...)

That is just my opinion as i see it, in the end you really cant judge who is ultimately stronger.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud