Character Builds

Question for anyone that did a consular/jedi master. Why did you go light side? Conventional wisdom (since KOTOR) has been that if you wanted to be a force-mage type you'd go with DS, becuase LS had limited ability to damage. Are any of the special abilities for the Jedi Master any good? And can anyone tell me whether the Sith Lord abilities are any good?

Question for anyone that did a consular/jedi master. Why did you go light side? Conventional wisdom (since KOTOR) has been that if you wanted to be a force-mage type you'd go with DS, becuase LS had limited ability to damage. Are any of the special abilities for the Jedi Master any good? And can anyone tell me whether the Sith Lord abilities are any good?

I would agree with that wisdom in KOTOR 1 where you have a limited number of force points ~300. In this game, you are in the 450-550 range, with some people posting that they've gotten higher. Plus you can regen and a faster rate due to the forms and different items.

So as a LS Jedi Master / Consular, I use the dark powers like force lightning and kill with impunity.

Str 27+8

Dex 14+2

Int 14+2

Wis 19+4                                       

Char 16+3

Hey yo whats up with the no constitution! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

-------------------------------------------------------

******** SPOILERS (hidden) AHEAD ********

-------------------------------------------------------

15 Sentinel/12 Weapons Master

------------------------------------

Reasons: Basically wanted a hack-n-slash char but with decent force powers & skills. Since the Wpn Master feats were SO DAMN awesome, the prestige class *had* to be a Wpn Master. In the beginning of the game, I felt a Consular would be too weak, so I chose Sentinel, but put stats in the Sentinel more or less as I would do for a Guardian. Hence, the low Int. I automatically get immunity from Critical Hits and Mind-Affecting powers, so that's one less worry. I put most of my skill points in Repair (for item breakdown), Comp Use and Awareness, a little less in Persuade and Treat Inj.

Here's the resulting stats:

**** Without Buffs ****

----------------------------

Damage: Onhand 37-77/+47

Offhand 24-64/+45

(the to-hit would have been much higher had I not made a stupid mistake, I'll discuss that in a while)

Str: 36

Dex: 22

Con: 15

Int: 12

Wis: 21

Cha: 10

Vitality: 319

Force : 359

Defense: 36

Fort/Ref/Will: 20/22/22

Saber

-------

Double bladed, Blue (didn't like the Silver or Viridian), PC's crystal, Solari, Te<something>ron Jolt Cell III, Adaegan Lens, Some cool Emitter I don't remember. I had Bao-Dur construct most of my stuff.

Effectiveness

---------------

Pretty darned effective. Yeah, I know the game's supposed to be really easy anyway, which means the goons are probably weak, but you can't deny the damage/attack I'm handing out is a little on the obscene side. I was peacefully able to slash my way through the final level without any buffs. Everything from cheapo soldiers to

Dark Jedi, Sith Lords and Sith Assassins

would go down 99% of the time in 1 round (Flurry, Determination Stance).

Sith Marauders

would typically take 2 rounds. All this is without any buffs, although I'd have to heal after every room. With Force Enlightenment and Juyo Stance,

Atris, Nihilius and Sion went down in 1 round per battle. The hag took 2-3 rounds per battle.

I would sometimes Force Wave my way through a room. It's moderately effective, even on high-lvl targets. Stasis Field worked most of the time. The only disappointing power was Destroy Droid, which seems to be a little underpowered in this game compared to its devastating power in KOTOR1. Overall I think I had sufficient Wisdom/FPs to enjoy Powers whenever I wanted to while maintaining the basic principle of the Weapon Master -- kill, kill, kill!

Flaws in Build

----------------

Several, I'm sure it's pretty unbalanced, but I made some really blatant mistakes:

1. Focused on single-saber in the begnining of the game (and hence, Dueling), before I realized that as saber power increases, that extra round really helps. In the end I only had Improved 2-weapon fighting (that's lvl 2 out of a possible 6 levels for Wpn Master)

2. Low constitution, I couldn't wear a single implant. This was really a huge mistake.

Constructive Criticism and Flaming are welcome!!

-- Angshu

Str:  36

Dex: 22

Con: 15

Int:  12

Wis:  21

Cha: 10

Vitality: 319

Force  : 359

Defense: 36

Fort/Ref/Will: 20/22/22

1. Focused on single-saber in the begnining of the game (and hence, Dueling), before I realized that as saber power increases, that extra round really helps. In the end I only had Improved 2-weapon fighting (that's lvl 2 out of a possible 6 levels for Wpn Master)

2. Low constitution, I couldn't wear a single implant. This was really a huge mistake.

Constructive Criticism and Flaming are welcome!!

-- Angshu

Ok so my problem is with you dissing the single sure it has the "lowest" power but also has the greatest defense, and you can deal out a **** load of damage with the single. The low constistitution thing made me pissed off too, bcs I was countin on the implants feat so I never got the really good implants that I found through out the game! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I went with two handed (also dissing single) from an early state, also went with finesse, which allowed me to improve my chance to hit and defense, therefore being able to disregard the defense bonus of dueling.

I am not sure if this was the right way to go as I was doing about ten points less of damage than your build. But at high levels it didn't matter as I was killing everything (except bosses) with one attack (or really six attacks).