Simple yes/no question: Is ...the end..

Bah, I'll start a new game. I'll still keep my current one, but I guess it won't hurt to start a new one. In my current game, I didn't have much influence with any of the other members of my party. Didn't talk much to HK-47... So I guess I'll take my time this and play pazaak more and do swoop races.

You're mistaken, sorry. ;)

Once you learn that you should return to Dantooine you can go to any planet. I actually went to Korriban first and checked to see if the door was still locked (I was going to blow up the door to Uthar's old room). Then I went to Dantooine.

Once you are on Dantooine you have to run to the Enclave, so you can do a few things on planet before you enter there.

But, I certainly didn't expect that I would be totally helpless after talking with the Jedi Masters. I thought I would at least be given a new nav point to Malachor V (like I was the Unknown World in the first) and could fly there when ready.

Bah, I'll start a new game. I'll still keep my current one, but I guess it won't hurt to start a new one.  In my current game, I didn't have much influence with any of the other members of my party. Didn't talk much to HK-47... So I guess I'll take my time this and play pazaak more and do swoop races.

Don't abandon your game just because of that. The ending is no different based on Influence, so you can at least see it and then start a new one working towards better Influence with your party.

Does Swoop Racing actually do anything this time? I did it all the way through in KotOR1 during a later game I played, but nothing really came of it.