Skins and colors

Rhombus

I suggest that the people in charge install a couple of more skins for the board, preferably a light one. Like with black text on white background or similar. That combination is known to be the best and least straining (for the eyes) way to read text actually. I bet there's a bunch of such skins already avaliable and that it shouldn't be too much of a hazzle, right?

will you do it if I say please?.. please?...

:)

What do you want?.. blink.gif

gray / black with white text on it (read: the current skin) is very readable, and imo less difficult or tyring to read than a light skin with black text. but yeah, as long as everybody gets the skin he likes, it doesn't hurt. i suggest making a dark violet / green one, which would spread a nice, vegetable atmosphere :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I am not sure if admin is considering this, but if this is going to happen, I would assume it will not be until the next version of the board is released and maybe not until Project X is made official. I think that they EVEN have fora for us to play in is ... well rather nice of them :) But then of course I am subjective and likely biased ;)

I do think another skin options might be nice, but I suspect, at this point, it is not a priotrity. Granted I may be wrong ... not that unusual actually ;)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I think the Guildmaster is trying to make sure that everything works on this skin first. Fionavar and I have already noticed problems with various web clients. I still have a few more to look at, and if we put more skins on, it will be after we make sure that everyone sees the same screen to begin with.

Just release the new skin and patch it later, don't you guys know anything?

Its not that easy. Updated version may modify how skins are handled, like it did on update 1.11 for invision boards in the past.

Then just release another patch. That is the way game developers do it.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Then just release another patch. That is the way game developers do it.

You obviously have never tried to make skins for a forum. Its not that easy.

If the forums are updated, and the way skins are handled changes, it could possibly invalidate the existing skin. If you know for a fact that you intend to make more skins, you want to make sure they will work completely, and IF there are changes to the format, you want to have the changes that you made, prior to the new skin formula are all well documented.

The boards have been open a week and a day, and they don't work exactly in all broswers. First order of business is making sure they do, not creating more skins with more problems.

You obviously have never tried to make skins for a forum. Its not that easy.

You obviously have no idea how things are done in the gameing industry.

Release product now, patch later.

Why Bio Why?

Thats the sort of logic that lead to ToEE. How can I argue :huh:

It will also lead to worse games, like NWN, or better games, like FO, or any game for that matter.

If it is good enough for every game developer in the past 10 years, then it is OK.

Why Bio Why?

It will also lead to worse games, like NWN, or better games, like FO, or any game for that matter.

If it is good enough for every game developer in the past 10 years, then it is OK.

Karzak, is there some sort of switch for you?

No, why?

Why Bio Why?

Ok kids, let's all play nice and stay focused on the topic at hand ... rembember when in disagreement ... take it to PM, I think I have already done enough to earn my conspiracy badge for the day :huh:

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Well that is a good idea. I am not sure where admin is on making changes, but an ignore function I am sure would be appreciated by many people. But until that time, trying not to let that lack of capability frustrate each of you when there seems to be disagreement.

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Well that is a good idea. I am not sure where admin is on making changes, but an ignore function I am sure would be appreciated by many people. But until that time, trying not to let that lack of capability frustrate each of you when there seems to be disagreement.

Can mods be added to the ignore list as well?

Why Bio Why?

Well that is a good idea.  I am not sure where admin is on making changes, but an ignore function I am sure would be appreciated by many people.  But until that time, trying not to let that lack of capability frustrate each of you when there seems to be disagreement.

Can mods be added to the ignore list as well?

I am sure that is possible. Though I would assume that this might not be implemented, as a potential problem poster would have to be informed of his or her infractions and we would not want anyone to claim they did not know they had done anything wrong since they had used the ignore function. After all - we're ruled by an enlightened despot - not a democratically elected represenatative. Again - I think the rules bear this out and if you have problem with the rules, then again might I forward you to admin through PM.

S = Sarcastic

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Though I would assume that this might not be implemented, as a potential problem poster would have to be informed of his or her infractions and we would not want anyone to claim they did not know they had done anything wrong since they had used the ignore function.

Even in an enlightened democracy ignorence of the law is no excuse.

Also, don't you use PM to inform people of their transgressions, since you want to keep that stuff off the boards?

Help me here, I don't see where putting a mod on an ignore list would have any impact on the way mods operate on this board.

Why Bio Why?