Character Creations

Did Cha in KOTOR also determine how difficult our Force Powers would be to resist against? Didn't know that, I thought only Wis had that effect...

Anyway, 30 points altogether to distribute, right?:

female LS Consular/Jedi Master:

Single saber, duelling feats to max

Str 10

Dex 12

Con 10

Int 14

Wis 16

Cha 14

I may yet pump Cha to 15 instead of Dex, but I don't know. Skills: Persuade and Awarness, perhaps later also Treat Injury (assuming that the game is diificult enough to warrant it).

PS: having read more carefully, Int 12 is indeed useless, as I murkily remembered. You got to have 14 for an extra skill point (a bit steep if you ask me). Well, well. I'd say +1 to hit +1 AC is more useful than a an extra +1 to whatever Cha affects this time around.

Did Cha in KOTOR also determine how difficult our Force Powers would be to resist against? Didn't know that, I thought only Wis had that effect...

Anyway, 30 points altogether to distribute, right?:

LS Consular:

Single saber, duelling feats to max

Str 10

Dex 14

Con 10

Int 12

Wis 16

Cha 14

I may yet pump Cha to 16 instead of Dex, but I don't know. Skills: Persuade and Awarness, perhaps later also Treat Injury (assuming that the game is diificult enough to warrant it).

Charisma was important for force powers, but IMO, wisdom had more usage.

Charisma was important for force powers, but IMO, wisdom had more usage.

Well, the character guide Dark Consular referred me to has this to say about Cha:

"CHA - CHA affects the persuade skill, and modifies all the same Force Powers that WIS does. It also affects FP gain (though I don't think it should). It's a good idea to split points a bit between WIS and CHA."

I don't remember seeing anything like that in the manual. I always thought that Cha affected FPs, but Wis affected whether our powers are resisted by targets and how we resisted hostile Force Powers.

I'll seriously have to kill something if they neutered the INT stat again in KotORII. Lots of Dark Jedi, yeah...

(Uh oh, I'm already falling to the darkside...)

Anyway... the reason they did that in the first one wasn't because D20 said so. It was because the only thing INT gave you was skills. In KotOR II that's not true - it also helps with dialogue and such, which is about what most games are like with INT. Also, Int-based skills are going to be more important, and having lots of skill points will really add to the experience more than it did in the first one. It's horrible if they used the same neutered INT stat in the sequel, but it's still possible...

The main difference between wisdom and charisma is that Wisdom gives you more Force Points. Taking a cue from KotOR I, this is a lot more important early on in the game than it is later. In the first game, if you had high wisdom and item/lightside master bonus, you were the Duracell bunny of Force powers. Charisma was different in that it gave bonus to, "Force-related feats and powers" but didn't give you any Force points.

Something interesting I noticed about the screenshot somewhat gave of the manual (it MAY have been forged, although that's extremely unlikely...) is that Charisma has changed a bit. Like so:

"... persuasive talker. It also reduces the penalty when using Force Powers of an opposing alignment (a light side character with a high Charisma can use dark side powers with less of a penalty), and a high Charisma also improves your companions' chance to hit."

Make of that what you will.

Anyway, on to what I'm going to do...

Str 12

Dex 16

Con 8

Int 12

Wis 14

Cha 14

That's my lightside sentinel, male. I always ignore CON in preferrence of the other stats. It's the one that's not at all interesting to me. If INT requires more to give a bonus to skills, I might bring Con up to ten, or take out of strength and put into Int. Maybe I'll lower Wisdom... hmm...

Jedi Guardian - Jedi Master

Single Lightsaber - silver, blue, or green

all of the forms I can use

Strength: 12

Dexterity: 16

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 10

Wisdom: 12

Charisma: 12

I find it to be a pretty balanced jedi, and since chris said that the skills will play a bigger role in the conversations i added a couple to intelligence. any suggestions. (oh and I plan on using the obi wan face too, unless if there is something cooler) :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Strength: 14

Dexterity: 18

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 12

Wisdom: 8

Charisma: 12

Jedi Guardian - Sith Lord

Red Single Lightsaber

Form 2

Darkside Master

(P.s to all Darksiders using Wisdom... it lowers the potency and attack of Force Storm  :thumbsup: )

The only problem I have with this is the low wisdom, it looks really powerful but I'm not sure how great it'll be when it comes to the force, then again I suck at building characters! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Jedi Consular Jedi Master

STR 8

DEX 14

INT 14

CON 8

WIS 15 or 14(depends on level cap)

CHA 14

I know i am missing some points, but i don't know much things about the skills

IGN has confirmed there is no level cap! :D

Thats's exactly why he is a guardian.  They don't need to rely on the force.

Yes but he is also a sith lord I think that he should get the full potential of his fighting ability with the maurader or focus a bit more on his force ability and stick with the lord! Just an opinion :D

I'm sorry, people post so fast, I can not keep up. The good point was in response to "Yes but he is also a sith lord I think that he should get the full potential of his fighting ability with the maurader or focus a bit more on his force ability and stick with the lord! Just an opinion"

Whats diffrence between Jedi Master, Jedi Weapons Master & Jedi Watchmen ?

JEdi master is supposed to gain force points back quicker think yoda, weapons master is all around destroyo man think mace windu, and watchman is a balace between the two thnk obi wan kenobi.