Designer Ramblings: Romance

Lets just keep it traditional shall we? Ya'll don't want any "man love" and I certainly don't want any girl action, so lets keep it clean, I think.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wonder if i can play with a female character and still getting action with women, guess it not important but would give 2 nice things to look at  :p  o:)  :-"

Well by that tolken they have to show hot manlove, and I don't think anyone wants to stuff like Carth on Jolee action. :o

I take back what i just wrote... what you just wrote laozi is really disturbing... and would deffinetely not add to replayability... <_<

Wonder if i can play with a female character and still getting action with women, guess it not important but would give 2 nice things to look at  :p  o:)  :-"

Well by that tolken they have to show hot manlove, and I don't think anyone wants to stuff like Carth on Jolee action. :o

I take back what i just wrote... what you just wrote laozi is really disturbing... and would deffinetely not add to replayability... <_<

Right, I think Lucas's approach to having traditional family values will actually work for us on this one

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Again if it gonna be a Debate it should be put in a different post since last one about such in NWN2 forum took up around 50-100replies in romance thread there.

I only wanted to know out of my own curiousity since i assume this is more or so a Developer info threat about romances.

And for the note i dont think Carth and Jolee kicking it in together is that spicy to me either o:):-

It's about as spicy as the idea of Juhani and Bastila is to me, so be mindful of the other sex as well if you please. o:) None of *that* kind of romance, period.

I wonder if you can drag your lover down the dark and light paths? That would add to the replayability of the endings if they would change slightly depending on who (if anyone) you chose to romance.

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Haha, that's more than a little disturbing...

Defintely not a complement lol. What was this thread about again? o:)

Indeed... o:)

The thing that strikes me about all of this is the in-depth gameplay that will result from this. With muitlple romance possibilities (both in your party and perhaps on various planets), the numerous influence possibilities, etc. then what you have is an incredibly complex game that can take you practically anywhere you want, in any direction, with any character. Simply mind blowing! It will make for a very rich, almost life-like experience. And the replayability will not just be about LS/DS or Guard/Sent/Consular choices but it sounds like almost every NPC will have multiple ways to play off them, which practically begs you to play it again to romance the other one instead of her and/or influence the other guy instead of him. Quite amazing!

See if this sounds familar:

"Stay on Topic!"

"Stay on Topic!"

I don't know why, but I think Ive heard that before..... o:)

The thing that strikes me about all of this is the in-depth gameplay that will result from this.  With muitlple romance possibilities (both in your party and perhaps on various planets), the numerous influence possibilities, etc. then what you have is an incredibly complex game that can take you practically anywhere you want, in any direction, with any character.  Simply mind blowing!  It will make for a very rich, almost life-like experience.  And the replayability will not just be about LS/DS or Guard/Sent/Consular choices but it sounds like almost every NPC will have multiple ways to play off them, which practically begs you to play it again to romance the other one instead of her and/or influence the other guy instead of him.  Quite amazing!

Actually, even though the romance thing will be interesting, Im still stuck on influence. Im curious how far that goes and to what degree. "I don't have to. Zaalbar will do it for me."

"Stay on Topic!"

"Stay on Topic!"

I don't know why, but I think Ive heard that before..... :-

The thing that strikes me about all of this is the in-depth gameplay that will result from this.  With muitlple romance possibilities (both in your party and perhaps on various planets), the numerous influence possibilities, etc. then what you have is an incredibly complex game that can take you practically anywhere you want, in any direction, with any character.  Simply mind blowing!  It will make for a very rich, almost life-like experience.  And the replayability will not just be about LS/DS or Guard/Sent/Consular choices but it sounds like almost every NPC will have multiple ways to play off them, which practically begs you to play it again to romance the other one instead of her and/or influence the other guy instead of him.  Quite amazing!

Actually, even though the romance thing will be interesting, Im still stuck on influence. Im curious how far that goes and to what degree. "I don't have to. Zaalbar will do it for me."

Carpet attack!!! o:)

"Stay on Topic!"

"Stay on Topic!"

Never heard it before o:)"

I wonder how many hours spoken dialog was necessary for KotOR2. With this information one could conclude to the complexity of the game.

Surely the devs had to make a trade-off between dialog options and memory usage.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Yeah that was great and all the way you could do things like that in the first game. It sound like this game will take it to the next level, say rather forcing someone to do something, you can change the way they view something or someone. :ph34r:

Wait, I thought of something, what if he meant you could have a Romance with Atris! She's not in your party, so it would relate to the comment about romances outside your party...I bet I'm right....sorry if someone suggested this I didnt bother to look at the other pages, but I think Im the first to think of it...

Yeah that was great and all the way you could do things like that in the first game. It sound like this game will take it to the next level, say rather forcing someone to do something, you can change the way they view something or someone. :ph34r:

That was confusing...

Wait, I thought of something, what if he meant you could have a Romance with Atris!  She's not in your party, so it would relate to the comment about romances outside your party...I bet I'm right....sorry if someone suggested this I didnt bother to look at the other pages, but I think Im the first to think of it...

I don't know wether or not you thought about it first but i thought about it too, and makes perfect sense. By the way only the The Darkside can get all the chicks. MWWWWAAAAAA :p

Now THAT made sense. As to Sat's idea, it's an interesting one to be sure, but that would mean almost all romantic interaction would be done by way of cutscenes. Seems a little odd to me...