Lightsaber Hysteria

What should you be able to do?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What should you be able to do?

• 1) Disarm opponments using the Force.
    • 2) Using your lightsaber to slice oppenments weapons.
    • 3) Nothing of the above.
    • 4) All of the above.
    • 5) Don't know/ Don't care.
    • 6) Something else, explain....

Of course they do. These suggestions are just cool.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

It would have been cool if, in certain situations against "lesser" enemies, you could use the Force to pull their weapon out of their hands and they realized they were in over their head and ran away, rather than all being mindless drones who attack at all cost even when they're being slaughtered and a retreat would make sense.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It would have been cool if, in certain situations against "lesser" enemies, you could use the Force to pull their weapon out of their hands and they realized they were in over their head and ran away, rather than all being mindless drones who attack at all cost even when they're being slaughtered and a retreat would make sense.

Thats the problem with a hell of alot of games, everything drops everything they are doing, even fighting each other......to kill you......WTF? Not everything with a pulse is out to beat you down.

Nothing can be compared to massive massacres of the Jedi Knight series...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

We want a true Star Wars PRG, not the common RPGs.

Simply because it was Star Wars made it the game of the year. Otherwise it would have been a common RPG.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Man you are obsessed. RPG is simulating life and in star wars life jedi can massacre everyone who is force-blind.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Besides you are on losing side Kumquiat or whatever - sad, sad but most gamers want the same thing, DS Luke and me want!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

RPG is simulating life

So you then would see, say the sims, as the ultimate expression of the genre?

and in star wars life jedi can massacre everyone who is force-blind.

Yep, minus certain droids, monsters, and bounty hunters. Hence why you can't make an RPG like that. I don't understand what you guys don't get about that.

In fact, in most SW games don't have a lightsaber as an one slice kill weapon.

Besides you are on losing side Kumquiat or whatever - sad, sad but most gamers want the same thing, DS Luke and me want!

Actaully, in this case, I am on the winning side. As what you want won't happen, at least not in K2.

EDIT: In fact, I think they are/were working to make the combat scale even better than K1. Keeping the challenge level up. :thumbsup:

The way of the Jedi or the Sith ir you take advantage of this.

Maybe if you kill your unarmed oppenments you receive Dark Side points.

Ya, micromanaging combat in RT sounds like a blast!

except you would have to be pausing constatly to make sure you or your npcs don't kill the guy you disarmed. LS would become a pause fest.

except you would have to be pausing constatly to make sure you or your npcs don't kill the guy you disarmed. LS would become a pause fest.

You don't know the power of the Dark Side.

You don't know the power of the Dark Side.

He wasn't talking about the dark side.

I like the slicing through a weapon idea. You could make it balanced. Just have the 'killing blow' (where a dark jedi would kill the NPC) be the move that destroys the weapon and the guy flees or something. The problem with just killing everyone, is that at the end of KOTOR after playing both light and dark side, my character killed roughly the same amount of people either way. Mass murder is not the way of the Jedi.

I like the slicing through a weapon idea. You could make it balanced. Just have the 'killing blow' (where a dark jedi would kill the NPC) be the move that destroys the weapon and the guy flees or something. The problem with just killing everyone, is that at the end of KOTOR after playing both light and dark side, my character killed roughly the same amount of people either way. Mass murder is not the way of the Jedi.

I cannot but agree with your thinking. It seems weird that a Jedi would kill all these people.

I cannot but agree with your thinking. It seems weird that a Jedi would kill all these people.

:o:-;):huh:

Nothing can be compared to massive massacres of the Jedi Knight series...

So um....you want to kill a bunch of people in K2, but you also want to have the game go perfectly along with canon (canon that is often conflicting mind you)?

GL :luck: