Lightsaber Hysteria

What should you be able to do?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What should you be able to do?

• 1) Disarm opponments using the Force.
    • 2) Using your lightsaber to slice oppenments weapons.
    • 3) Nothing of the above.
    • 4) All of the above.
    • 5) Don't know/ Don't care.
    • 6) Something else, explain....

I like the slicing through a weapon idea. You could make it balanced. Just have the 'killing blow' (where a dark jedi would kill the NPC) be the move that destroys the weapon and the guy flees or something. The problem with just killing everyone, is that at the end of KOTOR after playing both light and dark side, my character killed roughly the same amount of people either way. Mass murder is not the way of the Jedi.

I cannot but agree with your thinking. It seems weird that a Jedi would kill all these people.

:huh::-;):luck:

*squints eyes* Jedi...powers...not...working.... Mind explaining your outrage?

I like the slicing through a weapon idea. You could make it balanced. Just have the 'killing blow' (where a dark jedi would kill the NPC) be the move that destroys the weapon and the guy flees or something. The problem with just killing everyone, is that at the end of KOTOR after playing both light and dark side, my character killed roughly the same amount of people either way. Mass murder is not the way of the Jedi.

I cannot but agree with your thinking. It seems weird that a Jedi would kill all these people.

Actaully, I didn't say anything to you. I was making reference to the fact that they wanted to "massacre" enemies earlier, but now didn't think jedi should be able to do that.

But there is a problem with your statement.

They all wanted the lightsaber as a one-hit-kill weapon, but you want that blow to not kill the person, but have their weapon blow up. While that seems kinda silly, it still "works". The problem comes in when you just have to tap each guy once, and he dies/runs. The game loses its challenge.

EDIT: I can't really see a "good" way to do all this, to be fair. I don't like the idea of sabers being blocked by swords, but I understand that because the jedi are so superhuman you have to tone them down to be able to make a proper game with them in it.

Actaully, I didn't say anything to you. I was making reference to the fact that they wanted to "massacre" enemies earlier, but now didn't think jedi should be able to do that.

But there is a problem with your statement.

They all wanted the lightsaber as a one-hit-kill weapon, but you want that blow to not kill the person, but have their weapon blow up. While that seems kinda silly, it still "works". The problem comes in when you just have to tap each guy once, and he dies/runs. The game loses its challenge.

Oh, I definetly donot agree with the one hit kill idea. That would be cool..for about five minutes. Or if they sent like fifty NPC's at you each battle..My suggestion was that the last hit would be the weapon destruction. Like when the computer knows that the enemy is about to die it does the weapon destruction move instead of having the NPC die. You could select a skill or feat that would stay active telling the game to do the non-lethal finish attack. I personally enjoy killing NPCs..so I probably wouldn't use it. But still, it's a suggestion.

Like when the computer knows that the enemy is about to die it does the weapon destruction move instead of having the NPC die. You could select a skill or feat that would stay active telling the game to do the non-lethal finish attack. I personally enjoy killing NPCs..so I probably wouldn't use it. But still, it's a suggestion.

Unless I'm mising something, I can see that work.

There would be a few problems tho, like the loot you find when the enemy dies, does he just dig into his pockets and drop coins and items on the ground as he flees.

It also might be tought to tell when the enemy has been defeated. In a crowd it could be hard to see if the guy has a weapon or not.

If you break there weapon with a saber, what happens if your not using a light saber?

This arguement is a "common sense" arguement, much like the lightsaber being blocked by swords one, not nessasarily one to make the game better: If you break it with the force, then why couldn't I just use the force to snap the gun in two before the fight?

Like when the computer knows that the enemy is about to die it does the weapon destruction move instead of having the NPC die. You could select a skill or feat that would stay active telling the game to do the non-lethal finish attack. I personally enjoy killing NPCs..so I probably wouldn't use it. But still, it's a suggestion.

Unless I'm mising something, I can see that work.

There would be a few problems tho, like the loot you find when the enemy dies, does he just dig into his pockets and drop coins and items on the ground as he flees.

It also might be tought to tell when the enemy has been defeated. In a crowd it could be hard to see if the guy has a weapon or not.

If you break there weapon with a saber, what happens if your not using a light saber?

This arguement is a "common sense" arguement, much like the lightsaber being blocked by swords one, not nessasarily one to make the game better: If you break it with the force, then why couldn't I just use the force to snap the gun in two before the fight?

True...didn't think about looting. Then again, Jedi's don't rob corpses. Ahhh..the joy of the DS. :devil:

Who suggested about one-hit kill???

Ok, seriously, your going to have to clear yoru arguement up or pick a side or something

You were arguing that you wanted a "authentic" Jedi expirence and you wanted Lightsabers to go through metal/swords with no problem.

So if you want an authentic expirence and a lightsaber that almost nothing can stop, you kinda have to one hit kills or it is even worse than having swords blocking lightsabers. Unless you want to argue skin and bones stop lightsabers, but metal doesn't in the authentic SW world.

I used to do that all the time in the PnP... it's hard to describe the look on the GM's face when you disarm the 4th npc in a row. :-"

Anyway, I don't think that would work, gameplay-wise or storywise. You see, in the PT, most enemies are droids, so Jedi can blast around happily without having to wrestle with the morals of mass murder. However, in the OT, all the enemies were flesh and bone, and Luke didn't seem to have any problem with slaughtering every one of them. What I mean is, in combat, it wouldn't make sense to simply disarm an enemy, expect him to drop his valuables, and go off running never to come back. Most likely, they would switch to another weapon, or at least go fetch something else to kill the PC with.

It would be nice however to have a death animation in which the PC cuts down his foe's weapon and then proceeds to chop their head off... :devil:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Who suggested about one-hit kill???

Ok, seriously, your going to have to clear yoru arguement up or pick a side or something

You were arguing that you wanted a "authentic" Jedi expirence and you wanted Lightsabers to go through metal/swords with no problem.

So if you want an authentic expirence and a lightsaber that almost nothing can stop, you kinda have to one hit kills or it is even worse than having swords blocking lightsabers. Unless you want to argue skin and bones stop lightsabers, but metal doesn't in the authentic SW world.

I just want it as an option feat/power against some weak opponments.

Is that bad?

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Would you like if you had the opportunity in the game to use a special feature and use the Force/lightsaber to disarm/destroy someones weapon without actually killing them.

Wouldn't is add to the game if you could cut through blasters in order to disable them? Or use a force disarm.

I personaly think that it would give a much more Star Wars feel to the game.

It's a good idea.

Add some strength rolls and dexterity rolls to the enemy so they can resist.

Then your Jedi wouldn't be too powerfull!

Force users and droids equal to immune to it.