Paying for a second term agenda

kumquatq3

I see what you're saying, Vincent, but if you DID pay taxes, it wouldn't be taxes anyhow. It would be charity. I mean, would you pay taxes if Kerry had won?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I didn't say I won't pay taxes becuase I didn't vote for him, I said I won't pay taxes because I don't agree with his policies and how he is spending my tax dollars.  World of difference.  Also, you need to calm down and not be so hostile.  This is just an Internet forum and no reason to get so worked up.

Heh, no more worked up than someone so put out that his candidate lost an election that he's gonna withhold taxes as a protest! Good luck with that, btw! :devil: When your paycheck gets garnished for back taxes and penalties, then you can stomp up to Canada to pout one step ahead of the arrest warrant. I'm sure Canada, with a tax rate 3 times that of the USA, would love to have yet another American tax dodger on their citizenship rolls! :D

Refusing to pay taxes will have a heck of a lot more emphasis on your life and future than it will on Bush's policy. Trust me. :alien:

Edit: Ahhhh, I see you claim to be legally tax exempt. In that case refusing to pay taxes one does not owe in the first place is hardly a legitimate protest, even if the public declaration made you feel better! (I'm certainly no Bush fan, but if half the country went on tax strike every election the country itself would be in bankrupt anarchy... so somehow I think there's probably a better way to express one's political leanings. :ermm: )

If that is how you wish to look at it be my guest, but it works.

works? pretty much every system of progressive taxation in the western world works on the same basis - folks with income below a certain level aren't taxed. that's not a loophole - that's just basic fairness.

if you want to link your lack of income with a refusal to pay taxes on the basis of bush's policies, knock yourself out. but as tax avoidance schemes go, it's pretty phyrric.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Since Christianity is pretty much a state religion thanks to Bush and his polcies why not.  Morale Majority and their aligned churches have pretty much taken over our government.

For now, yes, social conservatives seem to have won the day. But look at it like it's the 50s, and the future's pretty bright. The current generation of power brokers will be dead or retired during this decade or the next, and the younger generation will step up to the plate; it's documented that the average person under 30 in the United States today has far less of a problem with homosexuals than those over 30. Progress will be made, just not within this term or possibly the next. C'est la vie.

I'm heartened by the fact that interracial marriage, to use an example, was an abhorrent idea to most Americans during the 50s and 60s, and today we think nothing of it.

I suppose then that you'd be happier in Canada?  Where the general feel is a tad more to the left than the US?  Where taxes can be anywhere from 3 to 5 times what you are paying in the US when you add them all together?

People bitch and whine and say stupid things like "I just won't pay taxes because I didn't vote for this president"  Shut the Fuk up already or move to a better goddam country.  I assume that there are countries all over the world that are better places to live, where all the people agree and the government is truly of and by the people.  I don't think so.

That is exactly right. I just wanted to add that they should start a rebellion against the US so we could just kill them off.

Well.

That was all a pleasant diversion.

But getting back to my initial point, why not tax the churches?  They elected Bush, I see no reason why they shouldn't have to help pay for the numerous pipe dreams ol' Nero put forward during his press conference.

well, most people that go to church pay taxes. HMMMM that was diffictult good thing I am a genuss.

Well.

But getting back to my initial point, why not tax the churches?  They elected Bush, I see no reason why they shouldn't have to help pay for the numerous pipe dreams ol' Nero put forward during his press conference.

well, most people that go to church pay taxes. HMMMM that was diffictult good thing I am a genuss.

Churches themselves are tax-exempt.

I leave the irony of claiming to be a genius while not spelling the world correctly to others.

Well.

Not gonna happen (although I'd love to see it) because it would be political suicide for any senator or congresscritter foolhardy enough to vote for such a thing... and Bush would veto it anyway.

The only way taxing churches could ever be implemented is if we had a SCOTUS courageous enough to declare the favoritism shown to religious institutions as unconstitutional. And somehow I doubt that's gonna happen in my lifetime. :)