Shedding light on who are the voice actors...

Ive been wondering, since the game is coming out pretty soon on the x box, could someone in obsidian, shed light on who are the voice actors doing which roles? I am curious, since the first part of the game, the voice overs were remarkably well done and scripted. It was without doubt the best voice acting ive ever heard in a game.

So any info if there are any big hollywood stars contributing thier voice to the game? I heard a rumour that one of them could be an actress, Kate Mulgrew, acted as the captain of Star Trek Voyager, Captain Janeway. If you go to the official website, the voiceover sounds just like her. Is she part of the cast?

No, that's not her. I'm pretty sure she sounds like Salome Jens who played the female shapeshifter in Star Trek DS9. I wonder if whoever has made the voiceover for the page has worked in the actual game as well.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

As far as I'm aware this is as much as has been made known mdjasrie.

Hey Akari, you know any (none spoiler) voice actors that are in K2?

Hm... Well, if you go to the official Lucas Arts website, the woman in red with the veil over her eyes is voiced by Kelly Hu.

I don't know any other names off hand. :ninja:

-Akari

Ooh... Kelly Hu!! SWEEEET!!!!

I wish more great voice actors will be doing the voice acting in this game.

Im playing the first installment of the game again now and i must say, Carth, has one of the most fluid and natural voice acting of all the characters. His sputter and his natural repeating of phrases and worse are soo natural!

The last game that i played that has fluid and natural voice acting was this highly UNDERRATED adventure game, The Longest Journey

What I really want to know; will the voice actors/actresses of returning characters from KOTOR be heard? Will we have to endure a non-Jennifer Hale Bastila, for example?

Bastila without Jennifer Hale would suck. <_<

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Usually these kinds of info could be found on imdb.com, but i haven't found anything under 'Knights of the Old Republic II' though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So any info if there are any big hollywood stars contributing thier voice to the game? I heard a rumour that one of them could be an actress, Kate Mulgrew, acted as the captain of Star Trek Voyager, Captain Janeway. If you go to the official website, the voiceover sounds just like her. Is she part of the cast?

When I heard the Voice on the offical site I also immediatly thought that it could be her, I hope it is because she is a good actress.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

What I really want to know; will the voice actors/actresses of returning characters from KOTOR be heard? Will we have to endure a non-Jennifer Hale Bastila, for example?

Bastila without Jennifer Hale would suck.  <_<

I agree with this. Using different voice actors to play returning characters would severly ruin the immersion aspect of it. I'd constantly be going "huh? that's not Bastila!"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/563/563576p1.html

Hollywood production values have pushed some game companies, like LucasArts, to dedicate an entire department to game speech. "When LucasArts was just starting, we used programmers around the office," Darragh O'Farrell, the company's voice manager, said. "Now, everyone is using professionals. It's expected by the consumer."

O'Farrell's latest project, the "Star Wars" adventure game "Knights of the Old Republic II, the Sith Lords," uses British actors, including former members of the Royal Shakespeare Company, to act out some 15,000 lines of dialogue.

:)

Huh. Now that you mention it, that voice does sound a bit like her.

Also: Kate Mulgrew was also in "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins".

/Disciple of Sinanju. :lol::devil:

Strange they never had Reno William: the adventure continues

I'd like to see Antonio Banderas as a voice actor.

That way he could be like, "I am, oh how do you say? Ah yes a jedi."

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hollywood production values have pushed some game companies, like LucasArts, to dedicate an entire department to game speech. "When LucasArts was just starting, we used programmers around the office," Darragh O'Farrell, the company's voice manager, said. "Now, everyone is using professionals. It's expected by the consumer."

O'Farrell's latest project, the "Star Wars" adventure game "Knights of the Old Republic II, the Sith Lords," uses British actors, including former members of the Royal Shakespeare Company, to act out some 15,000 lines of dialogue.

Royal Shakespeare company? hmm. who might those people be?