KotOR2.com: DS or LS

Something interesting I noticed on the site:  Generally, when you click on a good or a bad character or planet or whatever, it'll take you more to that side.  When you click on Kreia repeatedly, well... it takes you closer to the darkside.  Interesting, eh?  Akari said there was a drawback to having Kreia in the party, but didn't say what - it could be game mechanics, or it could be story oriented.  Of course, I HAD the impression that the lightside voice which was speaking to you was Kreia's.  Maybe Kreia is lightside, but something about her is "darker"?  Maybe the magic she uses, or the way she trains you... she's not an official jedi, supposedly.

Going back again, it's actually pretty random whether it decided to make you go dark or light.  Oh well.

Although it could be something more complicated, like if you make certain choices then the people you click on... well... probably not.  I can't imagine they'd put that much work into something like that.

"When you click on Kreia repeatedly, well... it takes you closer to the darkside. Interesting, eh?"

Actually, I just went there now, clicked on the lightside pic and started frenziedly clicking Kreia. Result: maxed out LS.

Then, I went out, got in back again via the lightside pic and clicked Sion. Then I started frenziedly clicking Kreia. Result: maxed out DS.

Very interesting.

Going off of all this info, let's try to see if there's a pattern to the website.

UPDATE: If you click on Sion and click on someone else, it seems to make you go dark. If you click on T3 then someone else, it seems to make you go light. Clicking on T3 always puts you closer to the light, and clicking on Sion always makes you go closer to the Dark.

It's simple.

The images you click on (weapons, NPCs, wallpaper) are all shaded blue or red. click on red, you go ds.

To test this, you will see that the wallpaper choices don't switch like the rest do, just click on it, wait, click again, wait, repeat

But you can make it either darkside or lightside depending on how you click on the interface once you've chosen that.

I'm talking about the characters. I was trying to see if there's anything interesting in how that's determined. You can't just look at one part of the site and only that part to determine the pattern.

But you can make it either darkside or lightside depending on how you click on the interface once you've chosen that.

I'm talking about the characters.  I was trying to see if there's anything interesting in how that's determined.  You can't just look at one part of the site and only that part to determine the pattern.

O

Sion turns them all red

T3 turns them all blue

at least on the ls index (I havn't noticed a difference between teh 2 indexs)

"It's simple.

The images you click on (weapons, NPCs, wallpaper) are all shaded blue or red. LIke on red, you go ds.

To test this, you will see that the wallpaper choices don't switch like the rest do, just click on it, wait, click again, wait, repeat."

Yeah, that's simple. But what about the click "Sion + frenziedly click on anyone but T3 = DS" and "T3 + frenziedly click on anyone but Sion = LS" thing?

A subtle hint? A bug?

o:)

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Certain items will pull you either light or dark side... most items are neutral.

Every now and then an orb will fly up from the bottom, click it and you are asked a question with either a light or dark answer. This pulls you further to either side. Once you attain mastery over a certain side you are awarded a special wallpaper.

On the Home page, click on "screenshots" on the bottom bar. The screens are nuetral so scrolling through them will trigger the question orb at intervals. Fastest way to attain light or dark side mastery.

I bet you it''s not faster than repeatedly clicking on the wallpaper sliding icon things :)

Quite likely. But that really wasn't the point. It's finding a neutral way to get the question orbs to show up without having something you click on pull you in the wrong direction.

it's a lot more interesting and fun to get force points through the questions since your respective dark or light side tutors speak to you and some of the question are neat. Also, you get to either destroy the Sith or the Jedi on the last question.

Certain items will pull you either light or dark side... most items are neutral.

Every now and then an orb will fly up from the bottom, click it and you are asked a question with either a light or dark answer. This pulls you further to either side. Once you attain mastery over a certain side you are awarded a special wallpaper.

On the Home page, click on "screenshots" on the bottom bar. The screens are nuetral so scrolling through them will trigger the question orb at intervals. Fastest way to attain light or dark side mastery.

Hey Rimster, welcome to the forums buddy.

I can't get onto the webpage right now for some reason

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Yeah click the orb on the bottom when it randomly appears.  Answer the question and you'll move eith LS or DS.

I wonder if some of the questions asked reflect situations in the game or are they just teaser questions.

Maybe they want you to think about this. It could be like some sort of psychological device that they use to try to sell more copies of the game. You might buy the game just because you want to see if there's any relationship between the web site questions and the actual storyline. Chances are you'll buy it anyway, but maybe you'll buy it faster. Who knows?

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Yeah click the orb on the bottom when it randomly appears.  Answer the question and you'll move eith LS or DS.

I wonder if some of the questions asked reflect situations in the game or are they just teaser questions.

That would be a nice subtle "addon", if true ofcourse.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you get the site fully white or fully red you get a reward.

A wallpaper, which wallpaper depends on the side you've chosen.

Of course from time to time you have to answer some questions.

And I think some of those question are really hints for the final game.

For example, that bounty hunter that wants to give you the location of the spice smuggling for a fee of 15000 credits.

I answered this question right, and if the force is with me you should remember this information for KOTOR2, I think it might even save your life (or at least 15000 credits lol)

I don't know if its different each time... but if its the same, I thought it was a nice touch that clicking on PC screenshots went further light side, and X-box screenshots went darkside.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg