Somebody screwed up?

After playing Kotor and hearing about the Exar Kun story, I noticed how bad some people screwed up with the story.

*ahem*

"I won't let this republic which has stood for a thousand years be split into two."

Palpatine, Episode II

Whoever wrote these stories screwed up in making these stories 4000 years earlier than the events of the first movie. Has anybody else noticed this? I would have thought that Bio would have done a lot of homework before making Kotor as it is.

Anybody else noticed this?

:blink::)

After playing Kotor and hearing about the Exar Kun story, I noticed how bad some people screwed up with the story.

*ahem*

"I won't let this republic which has stood for a thousand years be split into two."

Palpatine, Episode II

Whoever wrote these stories screwed up in making these stories 4000 years earlier than the events of the first movie. Has anybody else noticed this? I would have thought that Bio would have done a lot of homework before making Kotor as it is.

:blink::)

So, all it means that this is the previous republic.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

No you guys are hte ones who are off lol......Knights of the OLD republic is 4000 years b4 the Phantom Menace....in these times and for a well amount of time after wards, the Jedi and Sith were always fighting and the Republic has fallen a few times........THere has been multiple GOlden ages of the JEdi where tehy were in charge, and Golden Ages of the Sith where they ruled, and 1000 years before The Phantom Menace the Sith were At war with the Jedi Again, they fought on a planet called Ruusan led by a few Sith LOrds, one was a ****y dude who I forget his name and another one was Darth Bane.....Bane had some kind of weapon if I remember right, that could destroy the Jedi on the fields while the Sith were in caves, but The ****y one figured they could take the Jedi out on the battlefield, went against Bane to get the glory and met the Jedi on the Fields, and basically they were outnumbered and got their asses kicked by the Jedi, destroyed them all, except Bane...who didnt go to battle and he kept the order alive by the Two Sith rule, Master and APprentice and the Sith were in Hiding for 1000 years while the Republic w ere in safe keeping, until Sidious Came along and decided to wage war and Take over the galaxy again.....

....*SPoilers for the Stupid*

SIdious IS Palpatine, and his comments as Palpatine in the Prequel trilogy are all ironic comments, because he's being sarcastic to those viewers who Know he is Darth SIdious....He says he doesnt want the Republic which has stood for a 1000 years, but he is the one who is going to take over...lol....

*End SPoilers for the Stupid*

I hope this is cleared up now, KOTOR has it's facts straight....

*ahem*

Palpatine, Episode II

:(:)

He was talking about a differnt republic

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

*ahem*

Palpatine, Episode II

:(:)

It's episode 2 that screwed up.

"For a thousand generations [emphasis mine] the Jedi Knights were the guardians of justice and order in the Old Republic."

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars (Episode 4 to the kiddies).

True, Obi-wan is a pathological liar, but would he lie about commonly known history? On the other hand, who's going to contradict the Chancellor, even if he gets it wrong?

Same Republic, just been destroyed and rebuilt a few times.....like modern day jeruslem isnt the same as it was 2000 years ago, which wasnt the same as it was 2000 years before that....

Oh and BTW, the field where they fought On RUssan, that Battleground, is the BattleGround Jedi Level,The Valley of the Jedi from DARK FORCES 2: Jedi Knight.....

Bane had some kind of weapon if I remember right, that could destroy the Jedi on the fields while the Sith were in caves

Dark Sith Lords, normally have some sort of super powerful weapon.

Also is this weapon the Dark Reaper, the one in the EP II game? I forget the whole thing about it but that sounds a bit like it.

Evolutionary Development

Ruusan Reformation

this was the name given to the point in galactic history, a thousand years before the onset of the Clone Wars, when the Republic Measures and Standards Bureau reset the galactic calendar. The outcome of the Reformation produced one of the most accurate depictions of galactic time known to the Old Republic.

No you guys are hte ones who are off lol......Knights of the OLD republic is 4000 years b4 the Phantom Menace....in these times and for a well amount of time after wards, the Jedi and Sith were always fighting and the Republic has fallen a few times........THere has been multiple GOlden ages of the JEdi where tehy were in charge, and Golden Ages of the Sith where they ruled, and 1000 years before The Phantom Menace the Sith were At war with the Jedi Again, they fought on a planet called Ruusan led by a few Sith LOrds, one was a ****y dude who I forget his name and another one was Darth Bane.....Bane had some kind of weapon if I remember right, that could destroy the Jedi on the fields while the Sith were in caves, but The ****y one figured they could take the Jedi out on the battlefield, went against Bane to get the glory and met the Jedi on the Fields, and basically they were outnumbered and got their asses kicked by the Jedi, destroyed them all, except Bane...who didnt go to battle and he kept the order alive by the Two Sith rule, Master and APprentice and the Sith were in Hiding for 1000 years while the Republic w ere in safe keeping, until Sidious Came along and decided to wage war and Take over the galaxy again.....

SIdious IS Palpatine, and his comments as Palpatine in the Prequel trilogy are all ironic comments, because he's being sarcastic to those viewers who Know he is Darth SIdious....He says he doesnt want the Republic which has stood for a 1000 years, but he is the one who is going to take over...lol....

there were more than Bane that survived, there was a little girl (who i think later becomes the Dark Woman in the Republic series) and a boy who came to that planet as a pitstop before going to be trained as jedi...the weapon you were referring to was not actually a weapon but a "Thought Bomb" if I remember correctly, this encased every Jedi\Sith on the planet in an egg-like cocoon who weren't able to resist its effects (everyone except Bane, little girl and boy) and only another Jedi could release them. Bane tried to reason with them but the arrogance and power struggle between the dark sith lords ultimately led to this. If I remember right Bane then found a ship and traveled to Onderon to a sith temple where Darth Oodis and Darth Kraal (I dont know if these are the right ppl) spoke to Bane. Kraal, who also caused the demise of the entire sith faction with the thought bomb, criticized Bane for not dying with them as well did Oodis I think, they crashed his plane on the planet but Bane used the force to protect himself and keep the aircraft intact, he then went into the temple, got a creature attached to him permanently (obelisk i think), retrieved the holocron, and the rest is history...Bane was the only person to realize that the only way for the Sith to thrive was for there to be only two, and the rest is history...I'm a little rusty on this I apologize, you should pick up the Jedi vs. Sith comics by dark horse, it explains this.

the "new" trilog isnt screwed up its just becuz lucas has a certain suprise at the end, becuz the jedi in the "new trilogy" as in episode 1,2,3 focuz too much on the living force and the reason that they lose to palps is cuz the living force doesnt focus in the now, its to look into the future-somethin yoda can still do and anakin-the only reason he can tho is cuz hes really strong in the force thats y qui-gon who didnt disapear when he died cuz he didnt focus on the unifying force in episode 1 said "focus more on the LIVING force, not in the future, and so obiwan is talkin bout them bein the guardians/ caretakers when they started takin orders from the republic, remember the jedi started out as a meditative order- to look in the future and balance the universe, thats also y lucasarts wouldnt let there be any dreams and visions like in KOTOR, becuz they r tryin to show that the jedi lost this power as they did the republics bidding more and more.

Exactly and thats why in Ep 1, they say the Sith have been extinct for a millenia. Thank you for clearing it up for us...

Notice also that the game is in fact titled Knights of the Old Republic. This in itself implies that there is/was a "New Republic" as well, or at least a newer one. That means that there's more than one Republic, and the old one obviously came first.

The republic in the films is also the old republic. In ANH vader or that Moff said that after they dissolved the senate that the last remanents of the old republic are gone.

Notice also that the game is in fact titled Knights of the Old Republic. This in itself implies that there is/was a "New Republic" as well, or at least a newer one. That means that there's more than one Republic, and the old one obviously came first.

The republic in the films is also the old republic. In ANH vader or that Moff said that after they dissolved the senate that the last remanents of the old republic are gone.

Effectively during ANH, there was NO Republic left, as the Emperor had disolved the senate. That Republic they were referring to was the Old Republic (or otherwise just known as the Republic). The New Republic is an EU thing, after RotJ where Mon Mothma stood as the Chief of State.

The ongoing debate thus becomes whether the Republic (that stood during the first 3 movies) is the same as the Old Republic, referred to in KOTOR days. Most believe it is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)