Discussion about implants

I think it could be cool if you could possible increase amount of implant to get a edge since this game is single player id could be nice if you could choice how much machine you want to be.

I personally always wanted to make a cyborg type of jedi like lord vader, but it rather limited now in the amount of implants, i dont see it would create a to big difference in game since more machine also would make you exposed to their weakness, like vader that died from the emperor's force lightning.

But really wanted to put it up for a discussion, personally think it could be a interesting feature is it was possible in game to become more cyborg, encreasing a edge to your character.

Example of know cyborg in star wars, Lord Vader and General grieverous.

so it not that they arent there but could make playing sith more fun, maybe let the encrease more as melee since their powers now are more caster minded.

But what do you think?

So you what visual upgrades to your character.

Maybe it isn't such a bad idea, especially those keen on playing DS may like it.

I would definately had my character upgraded..

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

certainly not 1/2 your body a robot, too much complicated stuff, unless you went to a shop and they did it, but i think that having your arm cut off in a lightsaber battle with sion or something and then getting a robo arm wouldd be cool

I thought this was going to be about Pamela Anderson.  :devil:"

Nice thought but, who knows maybe pamela would best guest star?

No back to topic, i think it would be nice, maybe also help in making character more sith lord if dark side, with own tweaks you know.

Would be really cool have more visual implants, for instance some mask that locks together with implant making it sorta like a armor piece you know.

EDIT: Would really like if i become Sith to have a trade mark appearence like Revan had a mask on his face, especially if mulitplayer ever gets implimented into the game.

I would like to see implants implemented if they do it as an option, not forced on the PC. I never liked how they do it in KOTOR 1. I prefer the way it's done in ciberpunk or shadowrun. :thumbsup: When you choose to put an implant on this not only affect your appearance but your personality too, so if you have many implants you'll become more as a machine, withought emphaty and conscience (wich is very apropiate for a DS character).

Also, in starwars P&P, said that DS characters have physical drawbacks because the dark side consumes them, so it's logical that they make up for this with implants, as darth Vader.

Any way i hope this time don't require a feat. :rolleyes:

I would like to see implants implemented if they do it as an option, not forced on the PC. I never liked how they do it in KOTOR 1. I prefer the way it's done in ciberpunk or shadowrun.  :blink: When you choose to put an implant on this not only affect your appearance but your personality too, so if you have many implants you'll become more as a machine, withought emphaty and conscience (wich is very apropiate for a DS character).

Also, in starwars P&P, said that DS characters have physical drawbacks because the dark side consumes them, so it's logical that they make up for this with implants, as darth Vader.

Any way i hope this time don't require a feat.  :sorcerer:

Vader dident make up for it, he became cyborg because his body was destroy so heavily only his hate substained him, it was placed on him in order to keep him alive.

But youll properly see that in SW ep3, but nevertheless that why his cyborg not because of dark side consuming him.

But it properly right that sith connected strongly to the DS of the force might suffer for it eventually like, with D&D ravenloft, while the darklords there get insane powers there also prisoners and have certain dark gifts that gives the penalties.

My god char there for instance is half vampire one of the curses of ravenloft, so i assume something along same linie might happen to sith lords to while they gain extreme powers they are likely to gain penalties eventually to like you said.

In the long term DS characters loss STR, DEX and CON because the DS consume their bodies. At least it's what my manual of starwars d20 said.

"Vader dident make up for it, he became cyborg because his body was destroy so heavily only his hate substained him, it was placed on him in order to keep him alive."

True but his cyborg body work as well as a healthy one, and maybe give him more strenght than he would have had as a healthy LS jedi. What i mean is, if you have to use implants, why no use the best ones?

I don't know if i'm making sense. I'm bad ata english. :thumbsup:

In the long term DS characters loss STR, DEX and CON because the  DS consume their bodies. At least it's what my manual of starwars d20 said.

"Vader dident make up for it, he became cyborg because his body was destroy so heavily only his hate substained him, it was placed on him in order to keep him alive."

True but his cyborg body work as well as a healthy one, and maybe give him more strenght than he would have had as a healthy LS jedi. What i mean is, if you have to use implants, why no use the best ones?

I don't know if i'm making sense. I'm bad ata english.  :)

True, thou doku is rather healthy for a sith :cool: , i dont know Starwars ruleset so i wont comment much on it behalf, but i suppose it has a plus aside from penalties.

Since from movies the emperor far exceeds the ability of other jedi, id would think there be some thing giving a balance to the penalty to?

But anyways if i were dark side i would probaly find things making up for penalties arm in implants for weak arm and such.

"True, thou doku is rather healthy for a sith , i dont know Starwars ruleset so i wont comment much on it behalf, but i suppose it has a plus aside from penalties."

Yes, there is a plus. As is stated in the movies, the dark side is easier and faster. A DS character has better attack powers, as lighting. A LS charavter also could use it, but earn a DS point. If you have many DS points you fall to DS. The trick is that DS powers are tempting because cause more damage and you could kill your enemies easily.

Also, DS points give you advantages because you could use them to have bonus in any roll. Usually DS points give better bonus than LS points and are easier to earn.

On the other hand, you need a really heroic and good act to earn a LS points and give less bonus until you are very high level.

There are few LS powers in the P&P game.

"Since from movies the emperor far exceeds the ability of other jedi, id would think there be some thing giving a balance to the penalty to?"

DS points that give bonus to all actions if you use them. And it's really easy have many of them if you are really evil.

Funny part is that sometimes evil act proves to end it better result, for instant turning to thief guilds at each others throat and making them extinct, might in fact create less criminal activity, tyrant rule maybe bestow order and such.

Not defending evil but sometimes they do create good despite intentions.

But back to topic i think they should have better items, since most of your skills as sith in Kotor is caster minded it would be a plus.

Just hope they make dex better in Kotor2 think that aside from +def and +reflex save it doesnt really do much, despite its one of the most needed trades looked for in a jedi.

Logically i think it because you need fast reaction in order to parry shot from weapons with light saber but dont know, but it just lacking effectiveness.

Funny part is that sometimes evil act proves to end it better result

That's true. In Kotor 1 on Dantooine, if you destroy the droid instead of sending it back to its master, the lady finds true love and happiness.

I think it would be very cool to have the option to have implants like a robotic hand, meaning you sacrificed something for your power.