What's EU?

Is Exar Kun from a game or a book or what? Tell me!!!

He is from a trillogy called the "jedi academy trilogy". The basic story is that Luke becomes a self proclaimed jedi master and starts a jedi academy on Yavin 4 where they had the base in ep 4. Turns out the temples were built by Kun and he is still haunting the place and trying to turn Lukes students to the dark side. Pretty cool stuff.

If I remember right, he's way before that...way way before that. Like in the old tales of the old republic or something.

BTW, that's not quite the basic plot of the trilogy. The plot is the refounding of the jedi order, which is the most important part of the series.

He is from a trillogy called the "jedi academy trilogy". The basic story is that Luke becomes a self proclaimed jedi master and starts a jedi academy on Yavin 4 where they had the base in ep 4. Turns out the temples were built by Kun and he is still haunting the place and trying to turn Lukes students to the dark side. Pretty cool stuff.

I sincerily doubt that you've played Jedi Academy.

Jedi Academy Trilogy = 3 books written by Kevin Anderson.

....Altough Exar Kun first appeared in Comics.

Sorry, my bad.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

it stands for universal education

:rolleyes:

That would be:

EU = Eniversal Uducation

Doesn't really add up

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I know it has something to do with Exar Kun. But what is it?

:o :ph34r: >_< :"> (w00t) :D (w00t) :D (w00t)

:devil:

Thanks for that!

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

If I remember right, he's way before that...way way before that. Like in the old tales of the old republic or something.

BTW, that's not quite the basic plot of the trilogy. The plot is the refounding of the jedi order, which is the most important part of the series.

His spirit resides in the Massassi temples on Yavin 4, where the Jedi Academy was (at that time). Luke's training new students and they are confronted with Exar Kun, who tries to lure the untrained students to the Dark Side. Yadda, yadda, they defeat Kun's spirt.

Not exactly one of the better trilogies in the SW EU.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Exar Kun

He's from the 'Knights of the Old Republic' comic books made way back when! somewhere in these forums we had a descussion on him and Nur Ab Sal managed to post up an alarming number of screenshots from the series.

Anyway, he got betrayed by Ulic-quel Droma and ended up becoming a sort of living spirit and he inhabited the Yavin IV Jedi Academy where he started to possess certain Jedi traniee's, but was finally put down during that little story line.

Lasted 4000 years though, a feet no Sith Lord has managed before or since, but then that's only if you like the EU, the others will simply tell you 'That's not Canon'

Canon, what a stupid word. >_<

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Kun appeared in two comic book miniseries, set in the period 4000 before the original Star Wars. These were Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith and TOTJ: The Sith War, both six issue long.

As Shadowfaux and others described, he later reappers in the Jedi Academy Novel Trilogy. Part of the same events from a different perspective are retold in "I, Jedi", IIRC.

As Shadowfaux and others described, he later reappers in the Jedi Academy Novel Trilogy. Part of the same events from a different perspective are retold in "I, Jedi", IIRC.

I enjoyed I, Jedi as a whole, but I didn't enjoy that portion of the book told through Corran Horn's viewpoint. IMO, it made Luke Skywalker seem like a bumbling idiot who didn't have any common sense, and made it seem like Corran was ten times as intelligent as Luke. Just not the image I like for someone who, by all accounts, is supposed to be the man in the EU.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

His spirit resides in the Massassi temples on Yavin 4, where the Jedi Academy was (at that time). Luke's training new students and they are confronted with Exar Kun, who tries to lure the untrained students to the Dark Side. Yadda, yadda, they defeat Kun's spirt.

Not exactly one of the better trilogies in the SW EU.

Why does everyone leave Kyp out of this? I mean there are around 2 major storylines in prettymuch all SW books. Kyp and the crusher were a pretty big one...

Why does everyone leave Kyp out of this?  I mean there are around 2 major storylines in prettymuch all SW books.  Kyp and the crusher were a pretty big one...

Because the original poster asked who Exar Kun was, so most responded with Kun's part in the trilogy.

Leia and Han were in it too, but no one mentioned their part either because it didn't deal with the original poster's question about EU and Exar Kun.