Suggestions

A while back I created a large thread that was entitled"My Review, thoughts, dislikes, and suggestions reguarding KOTOR/KOTOR 2". This was not looked at much by the makers due to the fact it was too long and they requested that I simply break it up into multiple threads. Ok then. So just to let you know all of those suggestions that were in that one thread will now be smaller threads like this one entitled "Suggestion 1"

I have noticed that when speaking the characters in the game that the character's heads seem to do a pattern of movements when speaking. Could the characters do the expected head movements that belong in certain situations instead of having someone's head constantly moving all the time. What might help to tell when the proper movements should be displayed in this type of game would be to look "more closely" at real life situations. Not saying that some of these head movements were not influenced by real life. Also when the person's are talking in the game sometimes it looks like they are biting on their own tongues. This, if Obsidian can, should correct this for the KOTOR 2.

2: In KOTOR 1, when walking from one part of a map to another, for example walking from the Dun Sea to the Sand People Territory I have noticed that below the words for the next location there is a picture of a picture of a man running. It looks very similar to what a picture of a man looks like when portrayed in street signs. I see no purpose for it. The gamer will probably know even without that they are about to enter another location. So I feel there is no use for this extra item and it is my opinion it should be removed or not placed in KOTOR 2.

3: Another suggestion pertaining to the entering of a new location this time is about the scenery. Just before you enter a new location sometimes you must open up a door. Interesting enough there most of the time seems to be another door in front of you as the background before you enter the new area. I feel that instead of placing a picture of another door, there should be a picture of what the place looks like inside only less detail to give more of a realistic look to KOTOR 2.

4: There should be a new switch in the options menu of KOTOR 2 allowing the player to switch from third person play to first person play whenever they want.

5: These next couple of things are very minor, but can be improved upon. After defeating an enemy you sometimes find on his/her person armor that he or she was wearing when they fought you. So it does not make much since say when you get a Sith uniform off a dead Sith that his body lying there will still have the Sith uniform on.

Also after the side quest, where you help out Matrik by using the LS solution and his apartment has been decimated there are these funny shaped containers all around a large pillar preventing you from re-entering his apartment. These containers can also be found in different locations in the Dun Sea located on Tatooine. Since there was a unique (no where else is it found in the game) pillar left after Matrik's place exploded. Why can't other unique items be placed as junk inside the building instead of containers trying to look like rubble just when it is obvious they are not (not trying to be overly negative here). So in KOTOR 2 I feel they should not do things as cheaply in KOTOR 1 like this.

6: Sometimes when you give a response in a conversation the other person you are talking to or one of your members will act like you have said one of the other choices. For example to be more clear, on Taris at the side of the walkway in the North part of the city stands a man speaking out against aliens. Lets say you say "I don't know what's worse your hate mongering or lack of intelligence"(something similar to that) Carth may then say "kook or no this man could make trouble for us." which is a response that should belong with if you said "get away from me you crazy kook". I know I am being picky, but these are just a few things that should be improved in KOTOR 2.

7: I have noticed that in KOTOR 1 that by doing certain things on planets ahead of time and by completing Juhani's sidequest the Twilak that allows you access to the Cantina Shop on Korriban will not appear. I would like that glitches like this not happen again in KOTOR 2.

Edited by Fionavar
sweaw2008-06-0711-55-23-01.jpg

Your a mod here too?

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I dunno :huh: I agree with your points but it just seems a little like nit-picking to me I would appreiciate it far more if their efforts were concentrated on things that beneficially enhance the gameplay and storyline instead of how a characters head moves, but thats just me.

Well I think everything else is fine.

And the only other thing that has already been mentioned is the fact that the DS quest needs to be changed. Being a bully does not spell DS to me. DS to me would be endulging into powers that are really dark. You don't show your apponient any murcy even when he pleads for his life. Pleading with you not to cut his kneck as your lightsaber is at his throut. As a Sith you finish the job. Mercy is a weakness. Choosing power and glory over the right thing. That's the DS. Not stealing from others and killing defensless. That's just bullying. Do you see Darth Vadar or any of the Sith taking from people. Nope. They will kill an insabordanant soldier or one that didn't get the job done right. To the DS they feel they are to rule over all people. They are too big, too powerful to even notice the rights or existence of a few. The many is there destiny to rule over. Needing anything from a few people and having to steal from them I think to a Sith would say that Sith is weak and must die for his weakness.

Well I think everything else is fine.

And the only other thing that has already been mentioned is the fact that the DS quest needs to be changed. Being a bully does not spell DS to me. DS to me would be endulging into powers that are really dark. You don't show your apponient any murcy even when he pleads for his life. Pleading with you not to cut his kneck as your lightsaber is at his throut. As a Sith you finish the job. Mercy is a weakness. Choosing power and glory over the right thing. That's the DS. Not stealing from others and killing defensless. That's just bullying. Do you see Darth Vadar or any of the Sith taking from people. Nope. They will kill an insabordanant soldier or one that didn't get the job done right. To the DS they feel they are to rule over all people. They are too big, too powerful to even notice the rights or existence of a few. The many is there destiny to rule over. Needing anything from a few people and having to steal from them I think to a Sith would say that Sith is weak and must die for his weakness.

Yes they have told us they were trying to improve this countless times.

Oh and also one part of KOTOR 1 that really wasn't Star Wars to me was at the begiinning where you had to fight gangs and thugs with rusty swords and knives. Hey if I wanted to play something like that I would play a Grand Theft Auto game or True Crimes. Don't think that you can attract others to your type of game by combining other types of games in it. There are all types of games and they should be left seperate from each other. I really didn't think also that Pazzak was needed in KOTOR 1 either. That goes along with the knives and gangs thing in the start of the game. Gambling beating up gangs makes me feel like I am a thug in the game and not a soon to be Jedi. I'd rather start a new KOTOR with a lightsaber. Or if I couldn't have that yet I would then have a blaster. Because that feels more like Star Wars.

Oh and also one part of KOTOR 1 that really wasn't Star Wars to me was at the begiinning where you had to fight gangs and thugs with rusty swords and knives. Hey if I wanted to play something like that I would play a Grand Theft Auto game or True Crimes. Don't think that you can attract others to your type of game by combining other types of games in it. There are all types of games and they should be left seperate from each other. I really didn't think also that Pazzak was needed in KOTOR 1 either. That goes along with the knives and gangs thing in the start of the game. Gambling beating up gangs makes me feel like I am a thug in the game and not a soon to be Jedi. I'd rather start a new KOTOR with a lightsaber. Or if I couldn't have that yet I would then have a blaster. Because that feels more like Star Wars.

:) I think in one of the reviews it said u get ur lightsaber and force powers sooner... :)

Another idea I have has to do with your soroundings. I've noticed on the Unknown world when you walked through the water no sounds of splashing occured. More reality is needed.

And when in combat I think jumping and fliping should be done if the player has higher dodgeing ability. Oh and if you are seriously hurt after a battle your clothes should show damage until you are healed not "just" holding your stomach.

What about instead of always fighting human Jedi how about fighting alien Jedi. Like all those different races kind in Star Wars Clone Wars. Remember alot of the Jedi in the arena were alien. And why do you have to always be human why not alien like you can pick a different race to be like in Jedi Academy.

What about instead of always fighting human Jedi how about fighting alien Jedi. Like all those different races kind in Star Wars Clone Wars. Remember alot of the Jedi in the arena were alien. And why do you have to always be human why not alien like you can pick a different race to be like in Jedi Academy.

hmm maybe some people would like that, i would like to see the option but will they do it? maybe. more than likely they wont but i personally would pick human ones anyway, dunno why maybe so i can relate to them better :)