Knights of the New Republic

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a rats ass if somebody likes the EU enough to quote it and decide that it's part of the official timeline!!!!!! If you don't love the EU then don't read it! If you do than read it! Stop bickering about it!

And yes, anything that is outside Of the Movie Timelines counts as EU, even if some people don't think that way. Put it this way, Dark Forces Jedi Knight involves Kyle Katarns search to kill Jeric or whatever, it's expansion pack involves Mara Jade, all these people are from EU because its extended from the films, its the same thing, but like I've always said, it's just there to be enjoyed, I don't see why people freak out at the slightest misinterpretation, take the New DVD's for example, it has some people on the verge of revolt because lucas decided to smack Christenson (or however its spelled) at the end instead of that old guy.

It's not worth fighting over!!!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

Muad'Dib, thank you for understanding that everything star wars is just for fun! And I see your point about that some people don't see games as EU and I respect thier opinions, but I myself don't realy care and consider everything in the SW universe one coherent whole and simply ignore the small flaws that go with it, so I see the whole thing as the Star Wars Universe, not as the 'Movies vs. the EU'

anyway

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

It's just a game it is supposed to be fun.

I've read a bit of EU and I liked it, but I don't think that games should follow strictly these lines. Games inevitable give your PC a greater freedom to do what he wants.

KOTOR couldn't coexist peacefully with EU material since at KOTOR we have 2 possible endings, whereas in movies, books and comics there is always one ending and story.

PS Both sides should try and take it a bit easier..

Just before the continuity police jump on you, Lucasfilm has a policy that normally lightside endings are canon. Happened with Jedi Knight & Jedi Academy. And those game are part of "canon".

Yes, they have a policy for that. :blink:

Sigh, I really wish I could be playing the game now. The board seems cyclical, it goes from a PC vs Xbox, then some new info pops up, then its go EU vs Movies, another bit of info and back to the beginning.

Deja vu, right?

Finally, something me and BoneBlade agree on!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

A Knights of the New Republic would be fun, but would have to be after Luke's time, or when Luke is older. The enemy would be kinda hard to find.

My idea would be for the game plot to be about the Return of Thrawn. You'd be a Jedi trying to stop galactic problems perhaps. The Empire is in great distress after the Death of Grand Admiral Pellaeon. The Moffs see the chance to appoint another Supreme Commander in his place, a commander that will be at the command of the Moffs. You the PC see this as a danger, and find out that Pellaeon left behind some DNA of Thrawn and a Sparrti Cloning Cyclinder. You have to find these, or perhaps build one. And do it befoer the Moff's get to much power. The PC can either choose to bring back Thrawn not, but if he doesn't the Empire will have the chance to join the enemy. Bringing back Thrawn will put the Moffs in their place. Perhaps the Jedi is related to Pellaeon somehow, giving a reason for doing this.

But I that can't be the story, perhaps part of the plot, but not the whole story. I think it would be cool to try to stop problems in the senate. I would guess some Galactic threat is trying to pull the Galaxy apart. And you the PC must help keep it together while trying to fight off the enemy at the same time. You'd have to travel to different planets to keep the enemy doing any damage.

For instance in a Senate meeting Mandalore System has been accused of some kind of crime. An aging Luke sends you to investigate.

I'm making this up as I go, but I think an idea like this would work without losing the Star Warz feel. It adds a political side to the game, which a lot of Star Wars has, plus great Battles.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

No no, the only reason for making an RPG outside the timeline of the current EU and Film franchise, is to avoid being tied down to character interactivity. They would make completely new characters and vilians, perhaps one or two might bear a familliar surname, but thats all, no cloning old villians, we need something fresh, no storm troopers, no Sith, somthing else that could be equally frightning to a Jedi without being neccassarily a force user themselves.

Ya like perhaps Leia's great great great granddaughter/son or something

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I myself don't realy care and consider everything in the SW universe one coherent whole and simply ignore the small flaws that go with it, so I see the whole thing as the Star Wars Universe, not as the 'Movies vs. the EU'

That's completely cool with me Shadow :)

I really wish both sides would just agree to disagree and just enjoy what the game has to offer instead of bickering about what they don't like. I don't mind at all conversations about what we would have liked to have seen like a wish list but the fighting is downright absurd.

Eduardo: That's twice I owe you for info, thanks a lot my friend. The battery packs would then make it around the time Marka Ragnos ruled the Sith Empire right? How about armor though, were those eliminated post-Ragnos' also?

Agreed, it's really sad when someone with a Heart as black as mine has to tell everyone to calm down.

You know, about the only thing theStar Wars universe is missing is some Giant worms! Then everything would be in harmony!

DUNE STYLE!

Those Worms were kick az, one of the reasons I still watch that movie if it comes on, I'm like "oh yeah the worms are in this!" and my brother goes 'what?'

Actually Shadow the original version of the Sarlacc were giant worms, I'm sure the SE changed it so they looked less like the Sandworms of Dune. But as C-3PO says in RotJ the Sarlacc is nesting in the great Pit of Carkoon, if you recall how it looked in the original version, the Sarlacc was a giant Sandworm with its mouth wide open towards the sky. Then again don't get me started on the things Star Wars has am "borrowed" from Dune to begin with. :)

Yep Craftsman the Sand Borrowers of Blenjeel (Sp?), loved using thermal dets on those badboys myself.

Your right about that, when the Special Editions came out I was like..... that's not a sarlac is it!?

I really didn't like the movie, with Sting dancing around and all, and also the things they changed like needing those thing to kill instead of just doing it with there words, I thought that really took away from things

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well back when I was a kid I saw it before I read the books, so I was never biased about it like I can get with stuff like Lord of the Rings (but that was close enough). I also thought it had awesome special effects (which it did for its day), but I hear the Sci-Fi version was a bit better for being close to the book.

Were drigting far off topic now, we'd better pull back

Well I'll try not to steer the topic off the theme.

Laozi, the movie has some pros and cons, overall I liked it. The same goes for the miniseries. Book is still the best though.

So back on topic: I vote for a Knights 4K years after RotJ. Give me different enemies though I still like fighting the darn Sith, anything else feels like a cheap replacement, he, he.

Yuzhan Vong 'caugh' I don't know why but I really liked those guys?

I hate'em. I wish he would have ventured a little farther fro,m the Dark Elves when they wrote that crap, Salvatore I mean

I hate'em. I wish he would have ventured a little farther fro,m the Dark Elves when they wrote that crap, Salvatore I mean

Dark elves were attractive, matriarchal, and wern't ubsessed with pain, I don't see where your connection comes from?

They both comunicate through dancing, like bees

Sorry Shadow, that's the thing I hate from the EU the most in the history of anything SW. For me they're the worst idea for a SW villain ever. They are in my hate list even below Gungans and Ewoks. :blink:

I know you like them, and I'm glad you got something good out of them but for me the NJO should be written out of the EU timeline into an alternate universe like Infinities.

I'l stick with the Sith. They're more my style of villain. Only like in KotOR where there are many and not that One and one drat. I hope the Sith from 4k years after RotJ say ah Darth Bane was a schmuck, lets rebuild the Sith Order. And have the Sith exactly like the Jedi just evil.

We'll see what they come up with.

Anyway, I wouldn't want them in the game anyway because they'd been used before, They need something new maybe even a third group of force users aside from Sith and Jedi, but I think there are to many ways to go wrong with that idea.