Breast implants for Army recruits

Executor

I didn't judge you. And the 'others' I did judge are exactly that. I've known a lot of people who wouldn't stand up for a damn thing. And they joined the military because 'perks' and not being well off. One of them even died for it. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he was brave in action in his final hour. But he died because he wanted quick $.

Something I am not fond or proud of seeing.

I value your opinion, but it doesn't change mine.. I like to hear it, but my opinion is still: I think this is stupid. And the military preying off people's insecurities by offering breast implants as incentive is bull**** IMO. Yes other people have different values. But I am allowed to have mine.

Cosmo, I thought you were under/right at eighteen. Have you ever even paid taxes? :blink:

Basically, when it comes down to it, the only 'cost' for said surgeries, is that of the silicone implants, sutures, guaze, bandages, etc. The surgeons are getting paid either way, they might as well be doing something. I'd much rather see them doing surgery on civilians that actually NEEDED a surger for whatever reason, but I suppose that wouldn't really do all that much for the Army now would it? :(

Not living in the US, I must say, I find some of these things slightly amusing. Military institutions (all over the world) often have to compete with their civilian equivalents for the talents available, especially if we are talking skilled workers. Air force pilots gets tempted by civilian airlines, army engineers by civilian companies, naval officers by corporate shipping lines etc.

Some of the things the military has to offer is either better benefits, citizenship, pensions, access to education/college for yourself or your kids, whatever. Apparantly bodily modifications have been added to the list. Big deal.

Who knows, perhaps the US army needed a facelift in general ? B)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1. The military is a training ground for future medical professionals. Many doctors have done time with the military. The military will pay 100% off all medical school costs in trade for an obligated length of service.

2. Military personnel commander must approve the leave for the surgery, and subsequant light duty period there after until the soldier is 100%. None of the military commanders I know would grant that time off for that reason. Nor would they willingly subject the rest of the unit to having to pick up Gena's slack because she wanted bigger tatas.

3. If it is a "perk", tantemount to the GI Bill, I would think it is just the right thing to attract more women. There are always quotas to meet by recruiting commands, and anything they have in their arsenal (most of if B.S. by the way...or at least VERY overstated) the easier it is to attract those needed groups.

4. If the military started handing out free **** enlargements, I'd volunteer! I'm not shy!! Just small!! Oh, wait, shouldn't have said that.......

I've been active duty Navy for over a decade now, so I can say something about this first hand.

In 10 years, I have seen 4 "free, speciality" operations.

2 were for breat reductions (documented back problems)

1 breast enlargement (had breast cancer, 1 got removed...)

1 penile reconstruction/enlargement (a rather nasty accident with a concrete mixer)

As for the taxpayers, if you want any elective surgery (also, corrective eye surgery), you can trade your enlistment or reenlistment bonus for it, as long as the surgery is less than or equal to your bonus. So, the taxpayers make out, and the doctors get practice.

Speaking of the doctors, they get paid whether they're working or not. They get their officer pay, plus a yearly bonus for being doctors. So really, the taxpayers are paying for the medical accessories (gause and things like that...)

As for a recruiting tool? I'm not sure. If you joing the Navy (or whatever), just for bigger "accessories", I don't want you working for me.

And GrandPa, the article says it exactly. The doctor are "practicing." I'm not so sure I would want Dr. Hackandslash working on Mr. Happy.

Edited by Eyl

Product, not your fault man... The way CNN is telling it is that we're all running around with 9" "guns" and all the women have double "D" kevlar armor inserts.

Unless there's an absolute, medically necessary reason to do something, or if it's cheaper for the government, no procedure gets done...

And no, from what I've seen, most people joined the military for love of country, or money for college. Without getting into the politics, we'd (the military) would rather not go around shooting things up.

But hey, for a pr0n star appendage, who wouldn't want to risk death? :blink: