Holstering weapons

Something i noticed today that niggled me with KOTOR was that even when wandering about in safe zones your lightsaber is always in your hand, would it be possible in the engine to have it that when the character isnt using it instead of walking with it in hand they holster their blaster or put their saber on their belt?

You could even make actions like that matter in game for example i dont imagine walking into the local cantina with your blaster in hand would make people never turn their back on you... while walking in with it holstered you're just another patron.

Anyways i just think it would be neat if i wasnt always holding my lightsaber everywhere i go, not sure if thats something that could be changed in the engine though.

IIRC, this was rejected because they would have to program every single instance separately where people would react to you having your weapon out.

I don't think you did...they didn't state that as a reason, in fact, the didn't state any reason, iirc...anyways, I think the main thing is that they have a second weapon config. that you can set, then press a specific button to change it back and forth... :p

IIRC, this was rejected because they would have to program every single instance separately where people would react to you having your weapon out.

I don't think you did...they didn't state that as a reason, in fact, the didn't state any reason, iirc...anyways, I think the main thing is that they have a second weapon config. that you can set, then press a specific button to change it back and forth... :p

Im pretty sure they said that. And anyway I was responding to his comment about NPCs reacting to your weapon being out, not to the holster aspect.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

So do it yourslef.  Set one quickweapon thing to fists.

Word. All I'm going to be using is my one lightsaber anyway. To add the extra rp aspect everytime I'm done fighting I'll press Y(I think that's what they said the button will be) and when it comes time to fight, out with the blue lightsaber baby!