Bragging rights

mkreku

Give ma  break. Kanada has its share of mass murderers. Nowhere near as much as the US; but that's to be expected because it's well know the bigger, tighter the city; the likelyhood ofc rimes being commited raise.

besides, last I checked, Kanada is the Kapital of Breaking And Entering. That was a few years ago so it *may* have changed though.

breaking and entering for WHAT?

What the hell is there that's worth the effort to steal in Canada?

We all know Canadian money is WORTHLESS. Canadian cars are all detroit imports and therefore WORTHLESS. The most advanced house hold techonological item in Canada is a RADIO, which is WORTHLESS.

And, you know, it's kinda hard to break into an igloo, especially since every igloo-house in Canada has a vicious I-can't-fly-but-I-can-peck-your-groin-into-a-bloody-pulp watch-penguin.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

"Micheal MOore bowling for Columbine"

I hope you weren't gullible enough to believe his garbage.

"breaking and entering for WHAT?

What the hell is there that's worth the effort to steal in Canada?

We all know Canadian money is WORTHLESS. Canadian cars are all detroit imports and therefore WORTHLESS. The most advanced house hold techonological item in Canada is a RADIO, which is WORTHLESS.

And, you know, it's kinda hard to break into an igloo, especially since every igloo-house in Canada has a vicious I-can't-fly-but-I-can-peck-your-groin-into-a-bloody-pulp watch-penguin. "

LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Micheal MOore bowling for Columbine"

I hope you weren't gullible enough to believe his garbage.

I thought he had a lot of good points in that movie. His opinion is his opinion.. But some stuff is fact. You may not like his opinion of the fact, but its still fact.

Best part of the whole doc Bowling for Columbine- "You think its smart to be giving away guns in a bank?" LMFAO! That was classic.

I guess the population is a bit of a skew too. about 30+ million in Canada, about 300- million in the USA. So 100 times becomes more like 10 proportionally. I doubt there is a place in Canada as ****ed up as Casper Wyoming tho... lol.

Still tho, it makes a difference in what is more comfortable IMO. And Canada is more comfortable then USA IMO and deserves to be higher than US.

Ambrosia3.gif

Give ma  break. Kanada has its share of mass murderers. Nowhere near as much as the US; but that's to be expected because it's well know the bigger, tighter the city; the likelyhood ofc rimes being commited raise.

besides, last I checked, Kanada is the Kapital of Breaking And Entering. That was a few years ago so it *may* have changed though.

Someone went on a crossbow killing spree a few years ago in Canada.

These people who watch BFC and then act like they are experts on gun crime need to shut up and do some research. Canada has more than its fair share of crime, plenty of it is gun related, though not necessarily violent.

Except for hockey games, Canada is a pretty docile country. Other countries think that they can get rid of crime by banning guns, and they are always proven wrong.

You missed the point, Little One. The simple fact is he lied and/or twisted the truth when he 'pointed out" Kanadians don't lock their doors. The bottom line is Kanadians DO lock their doors. To say otherwise is a lie. plain and simple. He is a lair. That is a fact. i *know* it is a fact.

Whether Kanadians lock their door or not is not a matter of opinion; but of fact. btw, I enjoyed the movie for what it was - enetrtainment - but it's full of holes; and this is just one example. Once again, don't be so gullible.

lol Im sure some Canadians lock their doors.. But I would not be going out on a limb to say more Americans lock their doors then Canadians. It was more of a joke then anything to say 'its more like entering then breaking and entering'. But I guess 'Big ones' like urself don't have jokes when ur getting an enima of tobasco sauce.. lol.....

Ambrosia3.gif

I thought he had a lot of good points in that movie.  His opinion is his opinion..  But some stuff is fact.  You may not like his opinion of the fact, but its still fact.

Best part of the whole doc Bowling for Columbine- "You think its smart to be giving away guns in a bank?" LMFAO! That was classic.

Yeah, too bad that entire scene was staged. I wouldn't expect you to question or even analyze anything in that movie though.

Moore doesn't use facts. If he does, they are either exaggerated or put in the wrong context. He is a self-centered, manipulative moron who preys on people like you who buy into his crap without giving it any thought.

"lol Im sure some Canadians lock their doors.. But I would not be going out on a limb to say more Americans lock their doors then Canadians."

WOWSERS! That's amazing! There are 200 mil + Amerikans and about 35 mil Kanadians yet you jump off the edge to claim more Ameriakns lock their doors than Kandaians? Hahaha.

Face it. the guy lied about this issue. And, you beleive him. You, sir, are gullible.

actually i just was laughing at the part.. I don't really care if a bank in Flint Michigan gives guns for opening a certain type of account. Do you have proof that the scene was staged? I wouldn't know, but it was pretty convincing if I had to judge.

But I wouldn't expect an **** like urself to even consider entertainment value of something when flaming someone.

insert 'a higher percentage' in there volo. *cough* your an A$$ volo*cough*.

And I dont base my belief that a bigger % of Canadians lock their doors on BFC. More so on the fact its a smaller country for one, 2 the people are more chill, and 3 they don't have nearly as much fear based media.

Oh, and I lived not far from Canada for a decade so I met quite a few Canadians.. Had many convos with them...

"Face it. the guy lied about this issue. And, you beleive him. You, sir, are gullible."

"He is a self-centered, manipulative moron who preys on people like you who buy into his crap without giving it any thought."

Whos the one assuming things off not enough info here?

"Moore doesn't use facts. If he does, they are either exaggerated or put in the wrong context."

LOL.. I guess 'your context' is the right one, and none other should be permitted. As I said, he uses facts in his films and puts an opinion to them. His slant. Just like you do with your posts. Your point of view of objective information. Which is IMO much more slanted and full of animosity then MM's ever was.

Ambrosia3.gif

"*cough* your an A$$ volo*cough*."

And? Did youa ctually buy into the stereotype that all Kanadians are nice people who just want to be liked? LMAO If so, you need a reality check.

"And I dont base my belief that a bigger % of Canadians lock their doors on BFC. More so on the fact its a smaller country for one, 2 the people are more chill, and 3 they don't have nearly as much fear based media."

It's most likely that Kanadians in small towns don't lock their door as much (just like small town USA I presume). Kanadians in big cityies do. What's funny is that in the movie, he was profiling Toronto where they very much lock their doors. Of course, most people tend not to lock their doors when they're at home. LMAO Which is what he was doing in the film. That's what i means kewering the facts.

Once again, I enjoyed the movie as entertainment; but to use it as a basis for factual information is silly.

I think MM was focusing on the point of media influence and how screwed our media is then the fact and real % of Canadians locking their doors... Did you get that part of it? Or did you get too stuck on Canadians locking their doors? lol.

" Did youa ctually buy into the stereotype that all Kanadians are nice people who just want to be liked? LMAO If so, you need a reality check."

I 'buy into' that opinion from personal experience. Almost every Canadian I have met is a quirky funny beer drinking chill dude(I have met thousands of Canadians). True I havent met all Canadians. But its a higher % of happy people from Canada from what I have seen and gathered. If you were Canadian volo your nature of conflict would be a minority i think. lol

Ambrosia3.gif

Firstly, how do you know it was staged?  Secondly, I did question and analyze things.  Moore constitantly raises good points punctuated by extremist off the wall theories every now and then and looses credibility on his whole movie for it.  Overall, he makes very good and factualy documentaries.

Common sense. It would be illegal for any business to give away guns as quickly and easily as Moore made it appear. Moore probably went through the rest of the process beforehand, so that he would only have to focus on the parts he could use to support his racist stereotypes.

The man is an idiot. Even some democrats are afraid to associate with him, because his movies are so slanted and deceitful. It's easy for the moviemaker to make things appear the way he wants them to, because it's HIS MOVIE. What you have to ask yourself is if he is giving you an objective look at reality, or if he is distorting it to stack the deck in his favor. In Moore's case, it is always the latter.

Common sense. It would be illegal for any business to give away guns as quickly and easily as Moore made it appear. Moore probably went through the rest of the process beforehand, so that he would only have to focus on the parts he could use to support his racist stereotypes.

LOL common sense... He had a backround check in the film at the bank.. Did you even watch the movie? In Nevada you can go buy a silencer for a gun and not even have a backround check, not even your name asked.. At gun shows you can buy guns without a backround check. Wheres the common sense in that? Maybe you know that common sense is kinda lacking in this world! lmao.. Genocide murder rape lies war.... I guess common sense is a perception based thing.

Ambrosia3.gif

"Or did you get too stuck on Canadians locking their doors? lol."

the problem is he made it appear that it was common practice for Kanandians not to lock their door. He also made it seem that kanada is some type of aparadise with noc rime,a nd with perfect housing even in our 'sliums'. LMAO I should have showed him the 'apartment' I that someoen tried to get me to rent. LOL I went looking for a 1 bedroom apartment; and it laned up nothing more than a pathetic cubicle. LMAO What a joker.

"I 'buy into' that opinion from personal experience. Almost every Canadian I have met is a quirky funny beer drinking chill dude(I have met thousands of Canadians). True I havent met all Canadians. But its a higher % of happy people from Canada from what I have seen and gathered. If you were Canadian volo your nature of conflict would be a minority i think. lol "

You'd be dead wrong. Meeting kanaidans on trips - eitehr they visiting US or you visiting Kanada' is a poor way to sample. In order to *really* know the people you have to live her. While most Kanadains are ncie 9even me for the most aprt heh0; we have our share of lowly scum including our PM.

But I wouldn't expect an **** like urself to even consider entertainment value of something when flaming someone.

ok thx 4 ur cncern i will be shure to remembr taht 4 futcher cnsderashun

Oh, and I lived not far from Canada for a decade so I met quite a few Canadians..  Had many convos with them...

LOL!!! Really? I live about 15 minutes from them. I talk to them almost every day. I win.

Whos the one assuming things off not enough info here?

Don't try telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been through this many times before, and I have discussed it with people who knew far more about it than you do. They were still wrong though, so you at least have that much in common.

LOL.. I guess 'your context' is the right one, and none other should be permitted.  As I said, he uses facts in his films and puts an opinion to them.  His slant.  Just like you do with your posts.  Your point of view of objective information.  Which is IMO much more slanted and full of animosity then MM's ever was.

Context? Why do I need context? Do you see me making documentaries? Do I go to Wal-Mart and pester people there? Do I lie or twist the facts around to support my case? No, because I don't NEED to. Unlike you, I don't base my opinions off of what I see on TV. Well that's not entirely true, I have seen a few movies where people have tin foil wrapped around their heads to keep the aliens from reading their minds, and that's usually the image I have of you...

I think Moore's documentaries mostly ride on hype and sensationalism (and yellow journalism) using shock to make those that already share his opinions (yes, I do say opinions, because dispite the presentation of an objective and unbiased "documentary", the clips/commentaries are skewed one way or another) watch his documentary to feel stronger about them while those that don't watch his documentaries out of curiosity and a form of defiance. It's a money making scheme no matter how you look at it.

HOWEVER, Moore's documentaries DO contain truths, and if you look past the bias and skew, these truths ARE a very integral part of the success of his films.

I view Moore's documentaries not as a "shockingly biased" work but as a testament to the freedom of speech that all of us enjoy in America. It presents a view which some may share, other's may not, but the fact that this view is expressed at all and we're here discussing it as civilized men (looks at Volourn)... or maybe not... is a strong message in and of itself.

Word economics

I speak in haiku's.

The man is an idiot. Even some democrats are afraid to associate with him, because his movies are so slanted and deceitful. It's easy for the moviemaker to make things appear the way he wants them to, because it's HIS MOVIE. What you have to ask yourself is if he is giving you an objective look at reality, or if he is distorting it to stack the deck in his favor. In Moore's case, it is always the latter.

Hmmm. An idiot? He's really witty and makes good points. As I said earlier he just makes some off the wall extreme points something like twice a movie that everyone points to if they want to say stuff like this. I just ignore the off the wall stuff and concentrate on the good documentary it is.

The shocking nature of moore's films is how some stuff that seems slanted because its so harsh is actually true. And if you're saying he isn't fair, its an opinion movie. He's allowed to support a point more than the other. He supports all his stuff pretty well (with the exception of those crazy notions once every now and then). Of course its not an objective neutral piece. HE CALLS HIS DOCUMENTARIES OPINION PIECES.

Oh and about the democrat thing. There are some very conservative democrats and some liberal conservatives.

LOL common sense...  He had a backround check in the film at the bank.. Did you even watch the movie?  In Nevada you can go buy a silencer for a gun and not even have a backround check, not even your name asked.. At gun shows you can buy guns without a backround check.  Wheres the common sense in that?  Maybe you know that common sense is kinda lacking in this world! lmao..  Genocide murder rape lies war.... I guess common sense is a perception based thing.

You don't see the background check. You just see Moore filling out a form.

Have you ever bought a gun in your life? Ever even handled one? Ever had to present an ID to get one? Ever had your criminal records checked before you could walk out with one?

No? I didn't think so. Now go read the Onion or something, because you'll get a more accurate account of reality there then you will from any of these other sources you have.

I agree with ShinIchiro here. You absolutely cannot say Moore is anything but a talented writer and producer. Wit isn't half of it. The fact that he put together all these ecclectic pieces and arranged them into a coherent and flowing film that radiated a strong, if biased, central message certainly shows the man did SOMETHING right.

Word economics

I speak in haiku's.

What moore shows is the lack of commmon sense in certain situations. Its the same in Fahrenheit 9/11, maybe Roger and Me (I don't remember it that well), and Bowling for Colubine. The bank scene, the fact that no congressmen have read the patriot act, ect...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tin foil on their heads! Thats hilarious.

"You'd be dead wrong. Meeting kanaidans on trips - eitehr they visiting US or you visiting Kanada' is a poor way to sample. In order to *really* know the people you have to live her. While most Kanadains are ncie 9even me for the most aprt heh0; we have our share of lowly scum including our PM."

Well I talk to Canadians daily... So I have a better view then you imagine.. But ya I know that I do not have enough access to make as accurate of judgement as many, esspecially Canadians. And have you lived in the USA volo? I'm in no way saying alL Canadians r that way. Just more so the Americans IMO.

"Don't try telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been through this many times before, and I have discussed it with people who knew far more about it than you do. They were still wrong though, so you at least have that much in common."

You saying I base my thought on the matter solely on BFC is wrong. You assumed that on a shortcoming of information you did not investigate.. lol. Making you wrong in this case. oops.

"Context? Why do I need context? Do you see me making documentaries? Do I go to Wal-Mart and pester people there? Do I lie or twist the facts around to support my case? No, because I don't NEED to. Unlike you, I don't base my opinions off of what I see on TV."

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Your lying and twisting your statements in that sentence. And claiming you don't do it, another lie. You don't need to? I guess theres truth, but it still doesn't stand in your action. Since you do, quite commonly. I don't base my opinions on what I see on TV. And there you go, an example of twisting your context to support your view. Pretty easy to do. Maybe you shouldnt be so critical of MM since you can't even see you do the same thing.

Ambrosia3.gif

Hmmm.  An idiot?  He's really witty and makes good points.  As I said earlier he just makes some off the wall extreme points something like twice a movie that everyone points to if they want to say stuff like this.  I just ignore the off the wall stuff and concentrate on the good documentary it is.

No one is denying that Moore is a clever and talented filmmaker. He has to be, otherwise his movies wouldn't get the kind of reactions that they do.

I say "movies", because that's what they are. Documentaries are based on fact. Sometimes they are even a little slanted, but they do not rely on deception or emotion to get their point across.

The shocking nature of moore's films is how some stuff that seems slanted because its so harsh is actually true.  And if you're saying he isn't fair, its an opinion movie.  He's allowed to support a point more than the other.  He supports all his stuff pretty well (with the exception of those crazy notions once every now and then).  Of course its not an objective neutral piece.  HE CALLS HIS DOCUMENTARIES OPINION PIECES.

Huh? You just got done telling me that they are based on fact. Which is it? Fact and opinion are two very separate things.

Oh and about the democrat thing.  There are some very conservative democrats and some liberal conservatives.

Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. You know those munchkin things they have at Dunkin' Donuts? Some of them have jelly in them, others don't. It's amazing how much you can learn in one day.