I just had an interesting yet twisted idea......

I was playing Xenosaga yesterday and I got this morbid idea: What if there was a Sith Lord similar to Albedo? :lol:

I bet that'll make LEC execs soil themselves.......a Sith Lord like him in this game (or a future Star Wars game) would make Ep. 3 seem like a kiddie movie. :blink:

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but anyone who played that game would have to admit he's a great model for an extreme Sith Lord.......or am I deranged? :) :)

*hides from the tranquilizer darts & men in white* :ph34r:

Who?

I have never played Xenosaga.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Let's just say he's 10 times more psychotic than Kefka from FF6. And he has a really maniacal laugh. I could describe a particular scene that illustrates him but that might be too graphic...... :ph34r:

The only info I could find about him on review sites is that they say he's disturbingly psychotic. Can you shed more light on him?

In one scene in the game the character didn't exactly do anything sexual to the "robot" like little girl. However the way the scene was done with not only the sound but the look on the villiain's face was highly suggestive. And it was more then obvious that the character was,shall we say,getting off on the act.

*Spoilers for the game*

As I said the girl was somewhat like a robot and had inside her "mind" info the villain wanted. So he forcefully took it from her mind. It was for lack of a better term,mind rape of the "robot" like charcater. Because the character looked like a very young child it set off a lot of people.

In one scene in the game the character didn't exactly do anything sexual to the "robot" like little girl. However the way the scene was done with not only the sound but the look on the villiain's face was highly suggestive. And it was more then obvious that the character was,shall we say,getting off on the act.

*Spoilers for the game*

As I said the girl was somewhat like a robot and had inside her "mind" info the villain wanted. So he forcefully took it from her mind.  It was for lack of a better term,mind rape of the "robot" like charcater. Because the character looked like a very young child it set off a lot of people.

Was it released in Japan first? That would explain the use of "young girls" as a theme. :p

*vending machines selling school girl undies* :blink:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes it was,and it was actually edited in the US version because it would have had an M rating in it's original form. Which set off it's own set of debates.

And Topaz said,the game in general was rather tame except for that character and that scene. The story was very dark through out and that scene took place right near the end of the game so it was sort of one of the big scenes in the game. Not to mention it was the first in a 6 game series so they wanted to set up the Villian as a real bad guy for the others he'll be in.

Xenosaga featured a great story and characters. If anyone is interested in finding out more about, I guess IGN's review would be as good as any to start.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/387/387085p1.html

Trying to explain any single character in a nutshell will be difficult, if not impossible. Albedo and Margulis are certainly some of the more interesting villians I have seen. The story features lots of religious/philosophical references. Some players find the allusions disloyal, I find them perfectly adequate. For the doubters, future games in the series will likely explain their suspicions. To simplify things, Albedo is essentially a crazy psychotic villian with enormous power and ideals. Pretty hedonistic, some can interpret.

More interesting to consider, for those who played Xenosaga, is a Sith Lady like KOS-MOS :)

"There is a 98.99999% chance that I will own your light-sided human rear-end."

Definitely, I love to hear that track over and over. Yasonori Mitsuda did an excellent job with the London Philharmonic. Very creepy theme, and well done.

Yuki Kajiura was also great in Xenosaga II. In fact, I'm listening to the tunes right now.