A question

Besides, if you are killed, there's not much the force can do about that. Sometimes. Anyway, the force is only good if you use it. If even a ultimately powerful jedi is really careless and gets caught off guard, then they can't use the force if they are shot through the heart. Thus armor,

True, but you don't get to be a really powerful Jedi by being careless. The Jedi have Farseeing, Danger Sense, and other powers to avoid being caught off-guard. Such a thing (rarely) might happen, its not going to be an everyday occurence.

QUOTE (Iolo @ Jul 16 2004, 06:06 AM)

QUOTE (Renegade @ Jul 15 2004, 07:58 PM)

QUOTE (Craigboy2 @ Jul 15 2004, 05:19 PM)

Yuthura Ban was an idoit because(the first time i played) i set my mind on becoming a level 100 jedi and get maxout stats and force powers but there is a level cap on 20. 

Perhaps that is not the cap for all Jedi's but it's how much better you can become from simple combat alone. Perhaps to advance past that level requires tutoring from a more powerful Jedi. Yoda for some and Palantine for others. 

Yes because Yoda is level 19 and can train higher level characters? I beleive that's his level. 20 is the designed maximum level in Star Wars D20, regardless of what Obsidian or BioWare say. Vader and Palpatine are also level 20 or below. 

How do you know what levels they're at?

According to D20 core rulebook :

Yoda Jedi consular 10 / jedi master 10 (changed to jedi consular 9 / jedi master 8 / jedi instructer 3 in the jedi sourcebook)

Palpatine : noble 4 / Dark side Devotee 6 /sith lord 10 ( changed to Noble 3 / Dark side Devotee 3 / Sith acolyte 3 / sith lord 10 in the dark side sourcebook)

Hmm, so being level 20 or 30 is even more powerful than Yoda or Palpatine? O_o. Interesting... One can one wonder how powerful Sith like Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos were, then.. :p

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Hmm, so being level 20 or 30 is even more powerful than Yoda or Palpatine? O_o. Interesting... One can one wonder how powerful Sith like Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos were, then.. :p

Probably level 20 or slightly below then. The official rules don't go above 20 yet. There is no way any PC in KOTOR or KOTOR2 should be more powerful than Yoda or Palpatine. You don't have the hundreds of years or decades of experience of these two.

Okay I'm getting losts whats D20 mean does that have to do with the level or what?

When Wizards of the Coast came out with D&D 3rd edition, they decided to make the basics behind the game more generic so it could be used for other game systems. They called that D20 and based it off the fact that the 20 sided die was the die used for most things throughout the game. Saving Throws, Skills, Feats, Ability Scores, idea of classes,etc are all D20. Star Wars D20 uses that system but added skills, feats, classes tailored towards Star Wars and removes ones that don't work.

KOTOR uses Star Wars D20 system but changes a few things. For instance, Force Lightning is a skill I think in Star Wars D20 and using Force Powers takes away vitality points.

Exar Kun : jedi guardian 9/ sith lord 8.

p.s you want the leves off all the major charecters?

Only that much!? That doesn't seem like a fitting level for the "THE Dark Lord of the Sith", as I've heard him be called by some., IMO...

Nah, not necressiary. I was more or less just thinking of how powerful a character (from the games, that's it) would be at a certain level if compared to one of the Jedi or sith we're more familiar with, like Palpatine, Yoda and others...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Corporate host = Hehehe that is complete slander...slander i tell you, the jedi are good men and would never....

Lawyer = er sir we have got the results you wanted

Corporate host = yes and does it confirm what i have said

Lawyer = well we have 2 categories...lies, damned lies....and then there is the statistics

Sith henchmen fallen off a balcony 500k

Jedi pushing them men 499k ;)

From playing the game it seems like the idea is(at least to DS Jedi) that the more you submit to the force the more powerful you become.  Yuthura Ban mentioned that the perfet Jedi are the ones who know there is no limits except those that you put on your mind.  And that the whole purpose of training is to expand your mind more and more to the possibilities of what the force can do.  To submit yourself to the Force's will.

Doesn't wearing armor defeat all of that? Doesn't wearing armor automatically mean that somewhere in the back of your mind you feel like metal and leather are going to do a better job of protecting you than the force will.  And therefore you're not really trusting yourself to the capablities of the force but rather to something else.  Wouldn't that make you a considerably less effective or powerful Jedi? If I'm way off or just thinking this through too much let me know but this was my take on it.

But by that same argument a lightsaber would also limit your ability to submit to the force, since you are relying on something other than your force affinity to get things done. Whether it is to disable, kill, or intimidate your opponent. Or to protect yourself from blaster bolts or what have you.

No offense, your idea is better than most others I have heard but it does not have everything covered.

TripleRRR

Except, for the Jedi, killing with the Force tends to lead to the Darkside. So using a Lightsaber allows the Jedi to do the one thing he will not do with the Force, that is, kill.

I've never bought into that because the Ligthside kills too. I'd put money that there are several Sith who have died at Yoda's hands. Being on the lightside on the force doesn't exclude you from violence. It's the type of violence that seperates you. They're Jedi not Monks.

:lol: Umm..I said they don't kill with the Force. Not that they don't kill at all. Thats what the Lightsaber is for.

Oh I imagine quite a few Jedi have Force Pushed Sith troopers into oblivion.

Your thinking of Force Strike. Which in the D20 rules nets you a DSP when used against a living being. Obi-wan and Qui-Gon used Force Strike up the wazoo in the Phantom Menace against the Battle Droids. But Battle Droids aren't living.

Iolo :

At the time of his death qui-gon-jinn was a jedi guardian 7/jedi investigator 3/jedi master 1.

P.s By the way i think the jedi investigator is the coolest of all the jedi classes. :lol:

What's the aspects of that class?