Is TSL the best upcoming star wars game?

Which games will you buy?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which games will you buy?

• Just KOTOR 2
    • Just Republic commando
    • Both on release
    • KOTOR 2, then later RC when it's cheaper
    • RC, then later KOTOR 2 when it's cheaper
    • None. (Unlikely I know)

Republic Commando is single player FPS. Battlefront is also single player FPS, but with a multiplayer bit aswell, which is the best bit of the game.

I bought Battlefront today....and completed it. Ridiculously easy, even on the hardest setting....or maybe I'm just too good at games.

I bought Battlefront today....and completed it.  Ridiculously easy, even on the hardest setting....or maybe I'm just too good at games.

There goes any desire I had to buy Battlefront. I had playing FPS online, and if the single player part of the game is boring or short, there's no point.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I dont like FPS at all. In RPGs, you can shape your character to whatever you like however in FPS games all you do is blow people to bits. There is virtually no interaction between people and you cant shape your character to the same extent you can in an RPG. Therefore, I would purchase KotORII over Republic Commando but if the price drops, I may (notice the may) buy it.

I think thats 'Battlefront'.  Republic commando is a fps with clone troopers between episodes 2 and 3.

Yeah I know which one Republic Commando is. When it was first announced, Republic Commando was stated to be an online only shooter so I immediately lost interest. I just checked up on it and apparently has both so I guess they changed their minds on that. Still don't know if I'll buy it or not, depends if there's any kind of story within the SP campaigns instead of just run and shoot everything and that's all. Though I like shooters, I like them to have more variety within than just a bunch of different guns, like Call of Duty or Aliens vs Predator 2 which imo had terrific storylines and characters.

Ghost, Battlefront's SP stuff is kinda short. It's cool to run through the massive battles and watch huge numbers of soldiers duke it out. However, there is no storyline or real characters, just soldier types and command posts to capture since it was primarily designed for online play. It's not a bad game at all, but being an SP player such as yourself, it's just all right not great. The battles are fun though, if you know anybody with a console or someone that can lend you the PC version try it out first and see if you like it.

Ghost, Battlefront's SP stuff is kinda short. It's cool to run through the massive battles and watch huge numbers of soldiers duke it out. However, there is no storyline or real characters, just soldier types and command posts to capture since it was primarily designed for online play. It's not a bad game at all, but being an SP player such as yourself, it's just all right not great. The battles are fun though, if you know anybody with a console or someone that can lend you the PC version try it out first and see if you like it.

haha that's the problem. all my friends that are into this kind of game are all those stereotypical FPS nerdy types, so if I played against them I'd get my ass handed to me in no time. :)

I think I'll just wait for the bargain bin or until one of my buddies loses interest and gives away his copy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ha, ha, I know what you mean. But I wasn't referring to playing online, I meant so you could try out the SP modes to see if you thought it was worth buying. Or you could download the SP demo, if there is one??

Still, I sense neither you or me are going to be truly happy until February rolls around anyway. :)