The Magical Volo thread!

Llyranor

Should Volourn be a mod?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should Volourn be a mod?

• Yes
    • No

I guess this means magical volo's not getting modded  ;)

He got more votes than the present mods, didn't he?

He also got an overwhelming majority vote against him.

Those constitute a personal attack and are against board rules, so they have to be ignored in this case.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Those constitute a personal attack and are against board rules, so they have to be ignored in this case.

No they don't. Someone nominated Volourn for moderation position. Votes for "No." may, or may not be personal, but they cannot be ignore. It was the purpose of the thread.

3. # Thou shalt not mean to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner that is offensive, inflammatory, or just plain mean.

Many of the comments were mean, those votes don't count, obviously those that break board rules shouldn't have a say in board moderation.

Why Bio Why?

3. # Thou shalt not mean to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner that is offensive, inflammatory, or just plain mean.

Many of the comments were mean, those votes don't count, obviously those that break board rules shouldn't have a say in board moderation.

I suppose you're of the opinion that we cannot have opinions of other board members, and then when asked state them?

Karzak, there is a difference between responding to an issue, and bringing it up to insult.

Q?: Should Volourn be a mod.

A!: No. Because X.

Without the reasons, it'd just be "wtf? Why aren't you voting for me?" discussion.

I suppose you're of the opinion that we cannot have opinions of other board members, and then when asked state them?

Karzak, there is a difference between responding to an issue, and bringing it up to insult.

Q?: Should Volourn be a mod.

A!: No. Because X.

Without the reasons, it'd just be "wtf? Why aren't you voting for me?" discussion.

So you think this was a serious issue? LOL.

The fact is that those that were mean in their responses broke board rules, period. End of statement.

The people that just voted no are countable, the ones that broke board rules and were mean were not.

on top of that, unpopular mods are better than popular ones sometimes, right?

We have one person nominated for mod, no one else, right?

When the next mod is appointed by decree, without a vote, like the ones we have now what will that say about board admin?

Why Bio Why?

Karzak, the mere fact that you cannot get over this obsession withthe moderators, is getting really old. This is a serious issue, because YOU are making it one.

A) If the people broke the rules in this thread, they have probably been warned. It is not for you to decide who has broken the rules.

B ) Your reasoning is flawed. It is ok for people to vote no, but they cannot state why they felt Volourn should not be a moderator? If we're going to have an open election type thread, then open election discussion is necessary. If someone I was placed as a poll option for a moderation position, and people posted why they voted for me, it would not be a problem for me, whether or not what they said was "mean," it would show their reasoning.

C) Mods should not be judged according to how in/famous they are, but rather how well they do their job. Thus far, these boards have been handled quite well. I know, personally, for many reasons.

D) 2 people thus far. Visceris/Hades_One, and Volourn.

E) It will say that the board admin felt the person was responsible enough to handle the position, and that the admin felt another moderator was necessary. This is private property, if Obsidian Entertainment wishes to have direct elect moderators, or appointed moderators, they can do it. We have only as much say as they allow. If you, I, or anyone else have issue with it, then you, I or anyone else can leave.

Karzak, the mere fact that you cannot get over this obsession withthe moderators, is getting really old. This is a serious issue, because YOU are making it one.

A) If the people broke the rules in this thread, they have probably been warned. It is not for you to decide who has broken the rules.

B ) Your reasoning is flawed. It is ok for people to vote no, but they cannot state why they felt Volourn should not be a moderator? If we're going to have an open election type thread, then open election discussion is necessary. If someone I was placed as a poll option for a moderation position, and people posted why they voted for me, it would not be a problem for me, whether or not what they said was "mean," it would show their reasoning.

C) Mods should not be judged according to how in/famous they are, but rather how well they do their job. Thus far, these boards have been handled quite well. I know, personally, for many reasons.

D) 2 people thus far. Visceris/Hades_One, and Volourn.

E) It will say that the board admin felt the person was responsible enough to handle the position, and that the admin felt another moderator was necessary. This is private property, if Obsidian Entertainment wishes to have direct elect moderators, or appointed moderators, they can do it. We have only as much say as they allow. If you, I, or anyone else have issue with it, then you, I or anyone else can leave.

LOL, I thought you would appriciate me pointing out who broke the rules, since it is something you yourself have publicly done.

Your reasoning is flawed, it isn't OK to be mean. This is a simple concept in black and white. You can give your reasons without being mean. When you are mean you break board rules.

I disagree with C, if you have some insight let me know, but I have had a pretty deep look into the mod proccess here and a few things really bothered me. If you want to know then PM me.

One person and one team really, as I should well know.

It will say the board admin discounts the boards users opinion, and if I don't like it I can discuss it and try to change it. If you don't like it and feel that leaving is the proper way to fix something you don't like, I won't try tro convince you otherwise.

Why Bio Why?

Karzack, what are we 6 years old? Don't piss on me, and tell me its raining. Don't tell me that "it isn't OK to be mean. This is a simple concept in black and white." The fact is, nothing, ever, in life, is black and white.

As for me breaking the rules. *Shrugs* It apparently wasn't noteworthy to a moderator, administrator, or Obsidian employee, as I have not been warned.

You disagree with C? Mods should be judged by popularity? Or is it that you disagree with these boards being handled well so far? Why, because you have been warned 2 times? Karzack, you earned it. You were behaving with childish, attitude. On top of that you were posting with the sole intent to hurt, or discredit other members of the board, even worse, moderators.

"if I don't like it I can discuss it and try to change it."

Not publically, unless a moderator or other staff give you permission, you cannot. Read the rules. This is not your property.

Karzack, what are we 6 years old? Don't piss on me, and tell me its raining. Don't tell me that "it isn't OK to be mean. This is a simple concept in black and white." The fact is, nothing, ever, in life, is black and white.

As for me breaking the rules. *Shrugs* It apparently wasn't noteworthy to a moderator, administrator, or Obsidian employee, as I have not been warned.

You disagree with C? Mods should be judged by popularity? Or is it that you disagree with these boards being handled well so far? Why, because you have been warned 2 times? Karzack, you earned it. You were behaving with childish, attitude. On top of that you were posting with the sole intent to hurt, or discredit other members of the board, even worse, moderators.

"if I don't like it I can discuss it and try to change it."

Not publically, unless a moderator or other staff give you permission, you cannot. Read the rules. This is not your property.

ROTFL, the rule against being mean is black and white, if you want to say its OK to be mean, well, I suggest you read the rules.

LOL, I like the way you decide for the mods yourself. If I earned the warnings, where are they now? I absolutely didn't deserve the first one, if you want to know more you can discuss it on PM.

Yes, I disagree that the boards have been handled well, again, that is a subject for PM's.

And I can discuss board moderation publicly, just as you and many others have done.

Sheesh, get over yourself. My guess is that you are bucking for mod here. Personally, I would say you are not well suited for it emotionally.

Why Bio Why?

I'm with Strider. Karzak, sorry; but people voting no in a silly poll does NOT hrut me. And, it doesn't count as a personal attack as I didn't take it personally. On top of that, I am of the beleieve, that i cna't be personally attacked on an Internet Geek Message Board as I live for it (no matter how much I post :D ) so be nice.

And, Karzaky as much as I appreciate you caring about my feelings ( :) yeah, right :rolleyes: ); you are being silly in your defense of me as it's unneeded. B)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have no desire to be a moderator here or anywhere else.

The rest of your post is just what you've said 95 times without any proof, or support.

LOL, proof of what? Read the rules and there is proof.

You sure are ready to demand much stricter standerds for others than you do for yourself. That probably makes you mod material!

Why Bio Why?

i think making Volourn a mod would be a poor idea. He generally responds to anyone who disagrees with him with flames and patronizing crap. He tried forever to get mod status at the Interplay boards and it wasn't given to him, with good reason.

This is a mean statement, the same information could have been said nicely, or in a neutral way.

I'm not defending volo, I don't like volo enough to defend him, I am defending the board rules, or more precicely, I am pointing out that the board rules seem to be lightly enforced.

Which is fine, as long as they are not selectively enforced.

I am also pointing out that by asking for popular votes on mods, the board admin puts himself in a difficult position by appointing people without a vote (unequal treatment), and by claiming a vote on an existing mod is a personal attack.

If a vote on an existing mod is a personal attack, so is a vote on a non mod.

Unless of course mods are royalty and the regular posters peons to the mod staff?

Why Bio Why?