envida

Are you a PC or Xbox gamer?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a PC or Xbox gamer?

• I am a Xbox gamer
    • I am a PC gamer
    • I play on both Xbox and PC
    • Who cares?

I have played rpg's both on pc and xbox and I actually prefer it on console, mainly because I like to lay down on the couch with a beer and play the game on a big screen tv :D

Rpg's are more relaxed with lots of dialogs so I love stretccching out on sofa and playing the game for hours, while on PC I get tired very quickly. First-person shooters on the other hand are better on PC since you have keyboard and mouse.

i do that to stretch out on the couch and play my xbox or ps2. But i also do that with my pc...just hook it up using the trusty old s-vid on my big screen hd-tv. its nice to play games with true 3d sound...god i love my home theater system...mmm...bass...

If this were the **** boards the polls would be overwhelmingly in favour of xbox players but since a lot of us have some link to the old Black Isle boards....

I can't believe the intentional derogatory mispelling of Bioware is censored.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

If this were the **** boards the polls would be overwhelmingly in favour of xbox players but since a lot of us have some link to the old Black Isle boards....

It is *KNOWN* to me the if one types "bio weenie" as one word it appears as ****. It should also be *KNOWN* to you that this is a result of the ever vigilant word filter. By *KNOWING* the teachings of Feargus-mon it becomes *KNOWN* that this intolerable act of saying "bio weenie" as a means to avoid **** only results in not *KNOWING* oneself...

:ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

It is *KNOWN* to me the if one types "bio weenie" as one word it appears as ****. It should also be *KNOWN* to you that this is a result of the ever vigilant word filter. By *KNOWING* the teachings of Feargus-mon it becomes *KNOWN* that this intolerable act of saying "bio weenie" as a means to avoid **** only results in not *KNOWING* oneself...

:ph34r:

Drugs are bad for you.

Being held down by the MAN!

Ah...so many things to say. Might as well start at the beginning:

I couldn't agree more with you Master Jedi, PCs will never die unlike a short lived console which will be replaced in a few years

PCs do die though. Unless you are still using your old 286 to play KOTOR. The lifespan of consoles and PCs is probably pretty equivalent. And I would wager that a console upgrade is much cheaper.

Oh, and I am a PC gamer

If I remember corretly it is on Mannan when facing the Dark Jedi Master. Not 100% though. Yeah it was quite funny when I first heard that line

Actually, I'm pretty sure it can be any planet where you meet Darth Bandon (it is Darth Bandon's encounter isn't it?)

I think Obsidian should take a look at this poll before they release the X-Box version first. They'd be angering a lot less people if they released the pC version first... I mean 63.95% is a large majority...

???????

This logically does not make any sense. You are on the internet, where you would be most likely to sample a population of PC gamers compared to X-Box gamers. Any polls done on the internet are inherently biased towards PC gamers, and have exactly zero validity.

If your intellectual capacity were unmistakably superior then my own, you would not feel so predisposed towards the usage of discourteous language and instead be content with merely elucidating your outlook.

My English 101 teacher would have a field day for the wordiness of you post. Big words != intelligence, especially when it is a grammitically difficult read. Your idea about using the poll is infinitely more damaging to the way people will perceive your intelligence as opposed to using big words. Additionally, someone making a "discourteous" post does not imply the lack of intelligence, as you indicate.

Thanks! Believe it or not, I can actually speak like that if I take the time to think about it. I don't naturally, but I do maintain the capacity to do so.

I'd suggest a bit more practice, since your grammatical errors take away anything that the large words contribute.

Consoles don't have an inherent ability to browse the internet (unless you program Linux on your Xbox). Therefore, by accessing these forums, the user is in fact using a PC (unless they're using a PDA or cell phone). Thus, it can be concluded that at that instantaneous moment in time they are a "PC user", even though they may not be a "PC gamer"; ergo, it cannot be extrapoloated with absolute certaintly that "PC gamers" can be differentiated accurately from "Console gamers" on on gaming forum. Hence, from the data provided above, your conclusion of "someone who owns a computer is more likely to use the internet for personal purposes than someone who doesn't" cannot be drawn, ceteris paribus.

I think his implication was that someone that plays PC games is more likely to have access to a site like this because he owns the PC required, whereas a console gamer can be a console gamer without having a PC. If somehow all X-Box gamers could access this site, I'm confident that this poll would be so heavily slanted in favour of the X-Box you wouldn't even recognize that anyone voted for PC :)

Here's a term for you to ponder: quidnunc

Who here is gossiping?

Anyway, PCs are more universal then consules. With consules you can have either Gamecube, PS2, X-Box, or any combination of the three whilst PCs are only PCs

I fail to see the point. PCs may be more universal...but are gaming PCs more universal? I have an old Apple II at my parents place....but I'm not playing any new games on it for obvious reasons. Consoles greatly outnumber gaming PCs. While else would development be shifting to consoles more and more. Mainstay PC developers are now beginning to develop for consoles. It's where the money is, because there is a larger installed base. Hence, the market for console gamers is larger than the market of PC gamers.

With PC online gaming: you just buy the game and go online...no fuss.

While multiplayer gaming is certainly more widespread on a PC than on a console, I certainly would not say "no fuss." We are all speaking as experienced PC gamers. Playing online via X-Box live is easier than multiplaying on a PC for the average joe. Console gamers often are not geeks that know how to patch their games manually. I cannot think of many games that, if I were to just install them right now, I could simply connect to the internet and start playing against other people. There is always patch considerations (and this of course ignores any other technical aspects, such as bandwidth and their computer capabalities as to whether or not they'll even try playing the game on their PC), and possibly other things to download to make sure you play the game you want.

Half the people I work with play games with X-Box live, and don't even own computers (anecdotal evidence I know). The one that does own a computer, gets frustrated trying to play games online because he isn't sure what to do when it doesn't immediately work.

Drugs are bad for you.

He's just quoting Dak'kon from Planescape: Torment. He would stress the word "know" whenever he spoke it. *Knowing* was very important to his people.