How do you intend to play your first Playthrough?

Which path to do you intend to take on your first playthrough?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which path to do you intend to take on your first playthrough?

• Light Side
    • Dark Side

I know we'll all have to play both LS & DS to 'truly' play the game, but your very first playthough usually is the one that stays with you the most.

Chris Avellone did say,

"It`s a dark game. Bad things happen to good people, but most of the time, bad people get exactly what they deserve - that is, if you can figure out who the bad guys are. Maybe it`s you."

So which path do you initially intend to take?

manthing2.jpg

I'll be playing as LS, don't think I could do it any other way... I played throught KOTOR as LS and when I got to the end I was kinda lazy and didin't want to go throught the whole game to see the DS ending. So I loaded from where you're on top of the temple and tried playing it as DS from there. But as soon as I got to the part where I had to kill a few of my companions, I just couldn't do it. I have yet to see the DS ending, even thought I know what it is. I guess i'm just soft :rolleyes: , but whatever.

Oh, by the way this is my first post so hi. I've been hanging arround here for quite a while, but never posted.

I'll be playing as LS, don't think I could do it any other way... I played throught KOTOR as LS and when I got to the end I was kinda lazy and didin't want to go throught the whole game to see the DS ending. So I loaded from where you're on top of the temple and tried playing it as DS from there. But as soon as I got to the part where I had to kill a few of my companions, I just couldn't do it. I have yet to see the DS ending, even thought I know what it is. I guess i'm just soft :) , but whatever.

Oh, by the way this is my first post so hi. I've been hanging arround here for quite a while, but never posted.

It's always better to welcome someone new to the boards rather than have someone new to the boards who's worn out their welcome. *cough* PalpaTANG *cough* :D

Anyway, not only the act of getting rid of Jolee, Juhani, Mission, Zalbaar & Carth was horrible, the manner in which it was conducted was even worse. All in all, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. :)

Full credit to Bioware though. ^_^

Depeding on the Dark Side dialogue. I only went dark side to see the ending in the first game (Playing a light side character).

So i suppose i would go dark side first if the dialogue is better which the developers said would be.

Hopefully the devs will deliver on their promise of a more captivating Dark Side role playing experience. I might even start off as an LS Jedi who gradually 'falls' to the Dark Side should the lure be seductive enough. B)

manthing2.jpg

I don't suppose there'll be a balanced jedi ending. There ought to be an alternative to DS and LS, and perhaps multiple LS and DS endings. Not all dark jedi are dark in the same way. Not all light jedi are light in the same way. If there are too many light jedi in the galaxy, then the actions of dark jedi are bringing balance to the force.

LOL :) . I love this thread already. There's nothing like a good ol' argument to spice things up. Anyways for the 364,384,958,831 time I will be going LS first time and the second then DS the next two. Rinse and repeat.

Glad you enjoyed it, reverse racism at it's finest. ;)

Please forgive my ignorance but what do you mean.... reverse racism? :)

I want to see how the DS ending from KOTOR affects my LS playthrough, making it seem as if everyone is against me. That's why I'm playing LS first.

Then my second playthrough will probably be as a DS, but answering the last game as a LS ending.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I want to see how the DS ending from KOTOR affects my LS playthrough, making it seem as if everyone is against me.  That's why I'm playing LS first.

Then my second playthrough will probably be as a DS, but answering the last game as a LS ending.

good idea.ill probably try that second time through.

ls is grand more a star wars movie i feel, I am black and noone here knows it to give me flak about it. the only thing we know about Senator PalpaTANG is his attitude and that's all we're judging you on.

*ponders*

I wonder if palpaTANG ever met Darth_Enchani. That woudl be an....interesting encounter to say the least.

Oh, and yeah, I'm a sucker for the light side. I promise myself that I'll be darker next time, but I just can't do it. ;)

manthing2.jpg

I cannot answer. I try to play my character by the moment.

In the original KOTOR, I was basically a nice guy that tried to be helpful. I wanted to become a good Jedi, but sometimes I used the force in bad ways, rationalizing it for the "greater good." As I became more dark, I started to pick the darkside option a bit more (plus, if I got annoyed, I would be snappy). Furthermore, I was seduced by the darkside on Korriban. I felt I need to act like I was embracing the darkside, but couldn't admit to myself that I really was.

I had become quite evil, and as it turns out, Bastila's urging me to take on the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith was the final push to put me all the way darkside. It was perfect timing :blink:

I cannot answer.  I try to play my character by the moment.

In the original KOTOR, I was basically a nice guy that tried to be helpful.  I wanted to become a good Jedi, but sometimes I used the force in bad ways, rationalizing it for the "greater good."  As I became more dark, I started to pick the darkside option a bit more (plus, if I got annoyed, I would be snappy).  Furthermore, I was seduced by the darkside on Korriban.  I felt I need to act like I was embracing the darkside, but couldn't admit to myself that I really was.

I had become quite evil, and as it turns out, Bastila's urging me to take on the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith was the final push to put me all the way darkside.  It was perfect timing :blink:

A vintage playthrough. B)

manthing2.jpg