Ninja site

ramza

Someone on these boards suggested me that site which is about ninjas. Its content is hilarious and has many erroneous statements about those experts in martial arts.

However, what is really worth watching is the small video made by the site's owner. This guy is crazy! I had good fun with it, that is...

http://www.realultimatepower.net/

Here is some REAL info about ninjas:

I have read a bit about ninjas and they really existed. They served as scouts, spies or assassins in medieval Japan (7th century). There were two famous schools of ninja: the Iga and the Koga, which had a very precise hierarchy. The Jonin was the master ninja. The Genin was the Jonin's second hand and owed him absolute loyalty (he also was the only one to know his master's identity). Finaly, the Chunin was the ninja sent on commando missions. Female ninjas are called Kunoichi and were sent to spy or murder great japanese lords and were often pretending to be their mates in order to achieve their missions.

I have more info about them but I can't type everything here.

Also, ninjas still exist today. There are some people in Japan that devote their lives to the ways of the ninja and practice all day. They earn their living by giving live performances of their skills and they are really incredible. They know techniques that allow them to stand on the ceiling for a short period of time or that allow them to stop a man's heartbeat for a short period of time (of course they know how to reactivate the heartbeat).

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Also, ninjas still exist today.

As clearly evidenced by that website.

I meant people that seriously trained as ninjas. These guys from the website are just some moronic californian adolescents that don't have anything better to do in their lives...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

That's part of the subterfuge and deception, designed to lull you into a false sense of security. When ninjas proclaim to be able to hide in plain sight, this is precisely what they mean. You see them, but don't truly see them.

newlogo.gif

Besides those guys are so stupid that they think ninjas killed for pleasure... Moreover, they wear military boots while being dressed as ninjas! :) From what I know, everyone in Japan were wearing sandals (they even wear them today)...

That's part of the subterfuge and deception, designed to lull you into a false sense of security. When ninjas proclaim to be able to hide in plain sight, this is precisely what they mean. You see them, but don't truly see them.

Whatever... <_<

These dudes even think that ninjas can fly... Someone should tell them that ninjas are not like superman... Again, if you watched the video, everyone in the streets is more or less afraid of them..

If you would like to learn the truth about ninjas, not the various myths and legends that get spread around, then I would suggest looking into the Togakure Ryu. Just run a search online for Bujinkan or Masaaki Hatsumi, or simply go to www.bujinkan.com. Togakure Ryu's form of nin-po is taught all over the world, though there are conditions. It will not accept members who have a criminal record, mental illness, drug addiction, or mental instability. However, it is worthwhile, both in physical and mental training, and the members are friendly and willing to answer any questions. The taijutsu is the most spectacularly useful form of Eastern martial arts that I have studied, and the non-combat techniques are extremely helpful in everyday life.

Whatever... <_<

These dudes even think that ninjas can fly... Someone should tell them that ninjas are not like superman... Again, if you watched the video, everyone in the streets is more or less afraid of them..

Perhaps you aren't aware that the whole website is really a joke. <_<

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I know it is... But I am afraid that in some parts of it, these guys are really serious...

These dudes even think that ninjas can fly... Someone should tell them that ninjas are not like superman...

And that differs from "techniques that allow them to stand on the ceiling for a short period of time" how....?

newlogo.gif

These dudes even think that ninjas can fly... Someone should tell them that ninjas are not like superman...

And that differs from "techniques that allow them to stand on the ceiling for a short period of time" how....?

Shut up. Only Spiderman can do that.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Common, man! Flying? Is that even possible? :blink:

On the other hand, there must be a trick to stand on the ceiling... dunno, maybe they "nail" their weapons on it in order to stand... this beats me and I am not sure whether it's true or not even though my source is reliable (I had read it in an french magazine which had articles on cultural, social, and other type of issues - just like "Times").

Its obvious that a website would know more about ninjas then some forum poster.

You quickly draw conclusions about other people's knowlegde about things. :angry:

You don't know anything about me and you don't know anything about what I have seen, heard or read. I insist that my sources are reliable (they even come from japanese people). Besides, I have always been interested in Japan and its culture and have read with great interest anything that could give me info on it. I am not interested about ninjas just because they are cool and because they are great killers...

I suggest you all commit Seppuku by frisbee.

You go first! The master has to show his students how to do it! :blink::lol:

they aren't wearing army boots... those are the two-toed slipper type thingies.

this isn't a "these guys" thing... this is some poor delusional child as evidenced by the final caption:

"This is a picture of my best friend Mark showing off. He's a lot older than me and almost done with puberty, which is bragable."

i wanted to cry when i read that... hehe. does this mean i can brag?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

they aren't wearing army boots... those are the two-toed slipper type thingies.

this isn't a "these guys" thing... this is some poor delusional child as evidenced by the final caption:

"This is a picture of my best friend Mark showing off.  He's a lot older than me and almost done with puberty, which is bragable."

i wanted to cry when i read that... hehe.  does this mean i can brag?

taks

Well now you know why ninja's have largely become ineffective.

EDIT: I think that is joke since the site has old UCLA link evidence.

[You don't know anything about me and you don't know anything about what I have seen, heard or read. I insist that my sources are reliable (they even come from japanese people). Besides, I have always been interested in Japan and its culture and have read with great interest anything that could give me info on it. I am not interested about ninjas just because they are cool and because they are great killers...

Then you are sadly mistaken. Just to take one of your assertions, that ninjas practice all day long and make their livings with live performances: Hatsumi-soke, grandmaster of the Togakure Ryu, is a practicing bone doctor, former TV star, and accomplished painter. All of the members of the upper echelon of the ryu have occupations outside of nin-po; some work construction, some law, many work in the medical field. There are some students in Japan who do not currently have employment; however, these students are foreigners who have come over to study and who have been put up by members at their homes. Given giri, it is expected that the students will repay the debt (though it is rarely done as a monetary transaction; most families take offense at even the suggestion). Also, if your "sources" have no idea who the Togakure Ryu are, then I would definitely question their validity, as they are the largest nin-po school in Japan (based out of Iga) and are well-known by the Japanese.

[You don't know anything about me and you don't know anything about what I have seen, heard or read. I insist that my sources are reliable (they even come from japanese people). Besides, I have always been interested in Japan and its culture and have read with great interest anything that could give me info on it. I am not interested about ninjas just because they are cool and because they are great killers...

Then you are sadly mistaken. Just to take one of your assertions, that ninjas practice all day long and make their livings with live performances: Hatsumi-soke, grandmaster of the Togakure Ryu, is a practicing bone doctor, former TV star, and accomplished painter. All of the members of the upper echelon of the ryu have occupations outside of nin-po; some work construction, some law, many work in the medical field. There are some students in Japan who do not currently have employment; however, these students are foreigners who have come over to study and who have been put up by members at their homes. Given giri, it is expected that the students will repay the debt (though it is rarely done as a monetary transaction; most families take offense at even the suggestion). Also, if your "sources" have no idea who the Togakure Ryu are, then I would definitely question their validity, as they are the largest nin-po school in Japan (based out of Iga) and are well-known by the Japanese.

I am glad you added your piece of info about ninjas... I will keep it in mind for the future... When I said that they made live performances to earn their living, I never meant that this was their only source of income... They may have other jobs aside from this one but I just mentioned the one I knew...

Taks: What they wear seems more like military boots to me... The problem is that they are dressed in black and that you can't easily distinguish what they are wearing. However, I am sure that the "ninja babe" (as they call her) is wearing boots...

the main picture (at the intro) is definitely dudes (or dudettes) wearing the two toed thingies... also, the picture of the ninja outfit is pretty clearly such. they're more like a slipper, with a thin, rubbery bottom for various reasons; stealth, comfort and balance to name a few. now whether this is really what these types used to wear is beyond my knowledge...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

It's funny, until you read the hate mail and the MSN article about the site owner's court session, and how the site owner took a crap in the middle of the courtroom and then ran out. Then it gets kind of sad. :blink:

OMG its a hoax! Look closely at that MSN page, it too is it a hoax! Its not a 10 year old boy, that is not a real court case its a hoax, publicity. The MSN links, link to some ucla site.

MSN entertainment link on realultimatepower.net

real MSN entertainment link

Actually just visit realultimatepower MSN and then the real MSN and you will see that it its just a real good con job.

This thread makes me so, so sad. Haha, I can't believe people are arguing about ninjas based on a satire site.

I personally think that site is a piece of art, a modern Thurber.

And oh, by the way, Ramza, I think the comic strip Wizards of ID is a completely inaccurate representation of the middle ages. And I have my sources well cited too.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.