Prestige Classes

I found Carth to be a killing machine with a upgraded Casus Fett's pistol and another weapon (I think heavy mandelorian). Master flurry shot and watch massive widespread death. On the star forge Carth was killing more people than the jedi. This is because they were all weak and carth could quickly kill one after another without even having to move. Against mobs ranged is better in this game. 1v1.... The only problem is that in this game mobs pose no threat and thus your ranged is mostly good for support. Blaster damage is fine if you get the right stuff by the absolute end of the game.

Well, there are quite a number of improvements that need to be made to this game but I doubt Obsidian will do a fifth that is necessary to make a good challenging CRPG.

The other issue is Lucasarts. I doubt they will let Obsidian make the game more hardcore.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I purposely stayed away from using multiple Jedi, by and large. *shrug* I usually have Carth and Zaalbar with me on the forge. Go out to yavin and get the Bargawin assault blades (there are two, at different points), and upgrade them both fully. Then give Zaalbar the implant that upgrades him to weapon focus: melee. And strength gauntlets if you like. He'll outkill a Jedi every time. Carth I generally use pistols for. I give Z's bowcaster to Mission generally, for the early levels.

The only break in that was the game where I found a level editor and made Z into a Jedi. That was hilarious :D Too bad it wouldn't load the game after I had to restart KotOR. <_<

Well, there are quite a number of improvements that need to be made to this game but I doubt Obsidian will do a fifth that is necessary to make a good challenging CRPG.

The other issue is Lucasarts. I doubt they will let Obsidian make the game more hardcore.

It's debatable, but this game should probably not go to a hardcore CRPG if it wants to be successful. Lucasarts has good reason. I mentioned this somewhere earlier to someone (I think Hades actually), but KOTOR is successful because of its appeal. People who aren't neccessarily enthusiastic about rpging or hated the BG series (simply because of gameplay style) liked. I'm not saying if I like it or not, but KOTOR has managed to appeal to a whole new group of gamers and that allows it to outsell many CRPGs you guys would probably consider better. Really, who bought the BG series who didn't like rpging already? Most of the games mentioned here are for rpgers. KOTOr isn't just for rpgers, it's for people who have never picked up a ten sided die in their life.