Sith'Ari

rika

F........k? New episodes are far better than old obsolete trilogy worshipped by

grumpy men. Count Dooku and Young Palpatine are more interesting than anyone in your vaunted old trilogy.

Hmm...

Perhaps I am one of the "grumpy" then... but do you have any idea how excruciatingly painful it was to listen to the lovetalk dialogue in Episode 2? Do I need to mention Jar Jar from Episode 1?

Ordinarily, I would be inclined to be charitable toward an artist's work, but Lucas had over 20 years to write those scripts. I don't think it would have been unreasonable on the audience's part to expect some better stuff. Dooku and Palpy might be great villains... I'm not sure because they had rather few spoken lines. Not much time was spent on their character development in the film. Again, much of the focus was on the love story and dialogue that was so bad that the actors seemed embarrassed to be speaking it.

The first trilogy was by no means perfect. The actors in it even then made fun of Lucas' clumsy script. Harrison Ford is supposed to have said, "You can write this stuff, George, but you can't say it. The difference is that the original story focused upon a compelling good vs. evil conflict without getting bogged down in details. Lucas can create tons of stuff with CGI that he couldn't do back in 1977, but has it made a better story? I think one could argue that by concentrating so much upon CGI, the story has rather fallen by the wayside.

Just my opinion, take it as you will.

Very well put dude :blink:

Sweet dreams.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

HEHE the love talk WAS excrutiatingly painful to hear.

Anakin : Whenever I'm with you I can't breathe! (or something to that effect)

Padme : If you follow your thoughts to their logical conclusion you will find they lead us to a place we cannot go! (yeeeah....you've been a diplomat too long if you start talking like this)

Padme : I truly deeply love you(I thought Savage Garden would start singing Truly Madly Deeply in the background and actually cringed)

But hey, I still love the movies, especially the lightsaber battles!

Somtimes I make lightsaber humming and buzzing noises in the subways and people start to move away from me.(I Live in Korea)

Well the Sith-Ari is Anakin or Sidious. The Jedi have their version of the prophecy, the Sith have there's. That is why they are different.

Oh,and a remember the last remaining Sith Lord was Dark Lady Lumiya. Who is comfirmed as a sith lord by Leland Chee, keeper of the holocron. Oh,and Lumiya still lives.

Of course Naga Sadow still hasn't been found,and Marka Ragnos is running around trying to find a body.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

The Sith'ari was a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before

I was thinking about this the other day. At first I thought the prophecy referred to Revan but now with Kotor 2 I thought maybe it could be the other Sith Lords? Or maybe your PC character  :wub:

What does everyone else think?

Where was this prophesy stated? Is this in one of the previews for KOTOR or something, because I've never seen it before now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

to my knowledge yuthura tells you of the sith'ari when u take the time to chat with her.

I liked the prequels myself, sure the dialog sucked and the common sense was nowhere to be seen but they were good star wars films. I didn't find the original films dialog to be so awe inspiring either, u want great lines, you watch LOTR, and while ur at it, watch LOTR for a great story too not to mention great acting, watch SW for spacefighter dogfights, giant superweapons, forcepowers, evil ingenious manipulation plots, lightsaber duals, and the wise words of yoda.

Thats just my opinion

to my knowledge yuthura tells you of the sith'ari when u take the time to chat with her.

I guess I should have paid more attention to the dialogue instead of clicking to "fastforward" through them. :wub:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Sith'ari was a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before

I was thinking about this the other day. At first I thought the prophecy referred to Revan but now with Kotor 2 I thought maybe it could be the other Sith Lords? Or maybe your PC character 

I believe that it could very well be Revan. He does fit the discription of destroying the Sith during his fight back for Malak, and he could bring ultimate power to them during his reign.

Hahaha Ravan yeah. Maybe you've heard about Anakin Skywalker?

Revan was a dumbass who didn't even know who he really is. He's one of the weakest dark lords ever. Do you really think that Palpatine or Vader would let jedi council to brainwash them? Not to mention that Anakin survived fall into molten lava without any help and stupid Revan almost passed away only becouse Malak stroke his bridge (and Bastila saved him). And there is Exar Kun who was as powerful as Vader and it took 20 000 Jedi to destroy him...Exar Kun was able to erase entire star systems with his magic - something that idiotic Malak&Revan couldn't do.

I seriously doubt that either Darth Vader or Palpatine would be doing much resistence after being hit by a turbolaser... Revan wasn't stupid because he suffered amnesia from a rahter nasty concussion. He is mortal and thus susceptable to such things. I agree that Revan isn't the best, but he's by no means as bad as you portray him either.

Yeah sure but Palpatine had clones and reborn very quickly. I'm not going to discuss. It is obvious to anyone who knows SW that there were far more powerful force-users than some "Revan" who is genderless,raceless and faceless dumbass

and in fact our avatar only not a real hero. You can't compare third-quality character from some game that people will forget in next few years with real dark lords from books,movies and comics. Revan&Malak were amateurs. Loosers relied on star forge junk while Palpatine (aside of having death stars) was able to unleash energies on cosmic scale (dark empire) . Malak was weak and so was Revan. They maybe were weekend villains to entertain gamers but Vader would kill them with bare hands and so would Exar Kun and Palpatine.

Revan had no gender or face because you got to choose it. And he WAS human, so he wasn't raceless. Also, you can never get the full power of everything in a game because then you are so powerful, nothing can kill you and the game loses all its fun. Finally, you once again compare them, with some of the greatest 3 Sith Lords to ever live. Like I said, Revan isn't the best, but he's hardly the worst either. (Although Malak was absolutely horrendous)

But if the Sith'ari is so strong how come he was saved by a second hand jedi knight like Bastila?

He lost all his memeory and power to a turbolaser blast.

Freezing 1000 jedi is quite possible if you have big number of midichlorians and Exar had est. 27000 midichlorians.

So don't babble that EU that or EU those. Thanks to EU you have this game and besides I consider EU heroes like ExarKun, Corran Horn or Kyle Katarn as interesting as movie characters. There are many stupid things in the movies and many stupid things in EU but there are also brilliant ideas.

You seem to be reasonalbe about the EU. Do you believe the Unified Force theory? As for medichlorians, couldn't you just genetically replecate them and create an uber-Jedi? Fyyar did something like that to infuse people with the Force I assume. (Although Reborns can hardly be considered uber)

I seriously doubt that either Darth Vader or Palpatine would be doing much resistence after being hit by a turbolaser... 

Hmm this something I don't doubt. If Anakin survived heat of molten lava and it only made him stronger he would survive turbolaser shot as well. He was an avatar of force, he was force itself. Revan was just common forceusing grunt you can compare him to Katarn or Mace Windu, this his class. Besides he couldn't handle jedi strike team - well Vader would kill Bratstila and her henchmen in fifty seconds and let's make it clear that he would anticipate Malak's betrayal and

his shot in the back - being ultrasensitive like Vader let you anticipate things while Revan only could use simple tricks. Revan's just minor military dictator and thus no one to me.

He lost all his memeory and power to a turbolaser blast.

Blast radius from turbolaser is quite big so explain this little secret: Bastila was fighting with Revan and was maybe 2 meters distant from him so how it happened that perfect Revan was killed and Bastrila didn't get even small scratch? Hell she was perfectly healthy and logic says that she should die as well if she was in the same blast radius as Revan. Soo it seems that hated by so many Bastila is stronger than Revan if he was almost killed and she just drag him, gave him part of her lifeforce and turbolaser didn't affect her in any way. Superwoman? I bet that you will not find good reason for that. Another devs' bug (like all Revan)

Besides real Dark Lord would earlier anticipate that shot - like jedi flying aces can anticipate their enemies fire and avoid it in the battle (anakin, luke etc)

Finally, you once again compare them, with some of the greatest 3 Sith Lords to ever live. Like I said, Revan isn't the best, but he's hardly the worst either. (Although Malak was absolutely horrendous)

All I'm trying to do is prove that Revan isn't some stupid Sithari and he isn't special. I'm getting mad when some folks start to compare Revan to Luke Skywalker and wonder if he could kill him. Revan that, Revan those, ohhh he's so special and super and and and. Revan is a kitsch.Revan is just an empty puppet

created for players so they could get into game's storyline. I have a particular dislike to this person becouse I don't like the whole idea with mindflashback and making my hero some special and brainwashed preparate. The whole storyline of KOTOR disappointed me badly and I was expecting something better - maybe

becouse I was comparing it with my favourite SW books - Thrawn Trilogy, Edge of Victory, TUF and so on. After Taris storyline sucked (escpecially that whole starmap run is a copy of neverwinter nights words of power run) and I would set things different. Anyway Baldur's Gate still is far better than KOTOR. By creating

Revan devs just manipulated our ego by showing our avatar as a fallen superman.

You seem to be reasonalbe about the EU. Do you believe the Unified Force theory? As for medichlorians, couldn't you just genetically replecate them and create an uber-Jedi? Fyyar did something like that to infuse people with the Force I assume. (Although Reborns can hardly be considered uber)

Unified Force Theory is one of most interesting things I have ever heard, so yes, I guess I believe in it.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Quote:"Blast radius from turbolaser is quite big so explain this little secret: Bastila was fighting with Revan and was maybe 2 meters distant from him so how it happened that perfect Revan was killed and Bastrila didn't get even small scratch? Hell she was perfectly healthy and logic says that she should die as well if she was in the same blast radius as Revan. Soo it seems that hated by so many Bastila is stronger than Revan if he was almost killed and she just drag him, gave him part of her lifeforce and turbolaser didn't affect her in any way. Superwoman? I bet that you will not find good reason for that."

if the turbablaster would have penetrated the hull of the ship ALL would have died.

it didn't. only thingit did is demaging something that burst out on Revan. 10000 degree (in celsius) hot turbolastered coolingacide for example. witch didn't go as far as Bastila (becouseof hitting revan and NOT gooing right through him because of him beeing more than he seems.) Bastila just was the only jedi to survive the shaking of the floor!

besideswho said the jedi would have finished revan? first time i saw this sceen i thought: ByeBye Jedi! - Malak SAVED Bastila when he fired!

No no no. If Revan couldn't stop Jedi from killing his bodyguards he would not stop them from killing him as well. Besides your explanation is just as I predicted: unconvincing. I'm talikng about BLAST RADIUS in which destruction is on the same level. If Bastila was in that blast radius she should suffer same as Revan.

This was not sniper shot from rifle it was giant artillery shot and should kill her as well. Besides Revan in game doesn't have any wounds that he should have if he

get entire energy of shot on him and protected Bastila as you're trying to prove.

This cannot be explain boys! This is bug!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

so how come thehull of the ship wasn't broken? and if it is not broken the blast radiusgets much smaller. simple physical fact. i would explain it if i wouldn't know that anyone d' be interested. however if the hull is not broken it takes the load but has to give it away in an other kind of energy. which gets weeker with distance exponentialy, so two meters can make a big difference.

i do not think that Revan was the Sithari but he was not that weak Nur makes him. the y cannot make such powerfull charakters in games as in EU. in games there are rules. in EU there aren't! (very nice game if you or the enemy or both are immortal -> no intresting average battel possible)

actualy characters in game have a chance to gain an array of force powers with the click of a button whereas EU jedi have to learn and progress over decades and most powers don't even exist outside of the game and are simply there as game mechanics. After all whats a jedi without force powers? And furthermore who would play one that could only use push/pull and jump? Besides Hades One.

The pre-game revan was probaly decently powerful, logic doesn't dictate that if the jedi could take out bodygaurds they could kill revan aswell, that makes no sense realy. He was a talented tactiction and a well capable sword fighter. He was struck down by a turbolaser hit to the front of the bridge, the damage from the explosion cuppled with being thrown to a metal floor from an upright posistion caused amnesia, I doubt Darth Vader would be as affected, but thats because he is mostly machine rather then flesh and blood. Palpatine however might have faired far worse in such a condition due to the frailties of his own body caused by his extreme use of the darkside, manipulating events billions of lightyears away is a rather stressful job, look at the wrinkles from all that stress, look at the veins from all that anger. Palpatine however would have probaly seen the seed of deception within his pupil (if malak were his aprentice) and had him killed earlier on rather then abide by him, but then again he's one of the most powerful force users in the galaxy so it's not quite fair to compare him to revan who was more based in tactics and swordplay then actual force use.

Was Revan Sith'Ari? In my opinion no

Was Palpatine Sith'Ari? Possibly but not likely in my opinion

Was Darth Vader Sith'Ari? More likely then Palpatine but again in my opinion no

Was Darth Bane Sith'Ari? I find this character one of the most plausible Sith'Ari canidates, didn't he kill off lots of sith or something and set up the rule of 2.

But these are all just my opinions

come to that i don't think the Sith'Ari ever really existed, because if he had there wouldn't be any more jedi to begin with.

the sith believ the Sith'Ari will come one day but than they think a lot and most of it turns out to be crap. when play that is.

I was thinking about this the other day. At first I thought the prophecy referred to Revan but now with Kotor 2 I thought maybe it could be the other Sith Lords? Or maybe your PC character  :)

Where was this prophesy stated? Is this in one of the previews for KOTOR or something, because I've never seen it before now.

I also missed that bit of dialog... and i was pretty good about reading and listing too. Go figure.

Anyway, if this was an in game prophecy of KoToR, WHY wouldn't it be Reven? I don't care HOW much you hate him, it's HIS game, and the prophecy is spoken in HIS game, so why won't it be about HIM? Seems reasonable to me.

And honestly, your bashing of reven is unfair, becasue he's a videogame toon, one ment to be customizable, so of course he's Faceless, and Genderless. And being a video game, of course he won't have the powers your discriabing, emploding a sun and controlling a 1000 Jedi, what kind of challage would the game be if he could? Not to mention the fact that we have no idea what reven was REALLY like when he was the dark lord... we really only see his reborn weakling state.

Your trying to compare videogame toons to comic book toons to movie char's, and it's not a fair comparison cause they can't play by the same rules. Movies are limited by Special effects and time, Video games limit what can be done, inorder to maintane balance and game challange, and to keep you on track to tell the story they want to get acrouss, and books/comic toons are pretty limitless in what they can do, because times isn't a limiting factor, nor is Special effects.

Comic and book guys will always come off LOOKING more powerful because they CAN, not because they ARE.

KingSnake.

i think all this arguing is just over the tension growing. i mean for about a month now people have been gettin ready to kill eachother in arguments. i think it was because of the lack of info but now adria gave us some good info. but its still not a lot of info. and were all mad about the release date.

and i think ds revan does fit the sith'ari prophecy. i read somewhere that the chosen one prophecy was lost before the kotor era so yuthura wouldnt be talkin about that. and anakin cant be the sith'ari because he returned to the ls before he died.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Thanks to Anakin/Vader we have a New Jedi Era today plus Unified Force theory and other stuff. It is only him that did it.

And by the way: this game doesn't belong to Revan, but to Lucasarts. Revan is only a failed idea that poisoned the game.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Thanks to Anakin/Vader we have a New Jedi Era today plus Unified Force theory and other stuff. It is only him that did it.

And by the way: this game doesn't belong to Revan, but to Lucasarts. Revan is only a failed idea that poisoned the game.

The game is about Revan's destiny, so how could he/she poison the game? Without Revan, there would be no game.

Also this maybe a bit off topic but if somebody knows nothing about SW and reads one of Nur's posts, they'll come out of it with 50% more knowledge than before.

I'll be the first to admit that I know little more about star wars than what was in the movies and what has been in the games I have played (mainly because I can't get the comics/books up where I live). So any information I find out online or during discussions like this help me out quite a bit in terms of learning more of the SW universe. But your arguement in support of Nur Ab Sal is flawed at best, you see 50% more of nothing is still nothing....

While I don't see revan as the ultimate Jedi I still think that the prophacy of a Sith'ari, that was in kotor was ment to be about him/her otherwise why mention it at all. Yeah it might have been ment as a nod to those who know every line in the movies or to some source in the EU I don't know and I don't think we will ever know for sure since I doubt that anyone will ever come out and directly say one way or another.

Also is it not possible that there could be more than one sith'ari? maybe one every thousand years or so? or maybe one every 4000 years? Because over 4000 years or even 1000 years its possible that the knowledge of who the sith'ari is can be forgot and then the cycle would just restart and they would wait agian until another comes to show great power. I don't know, I guess its a question best left to those who know more about SW than I.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The game is about Revan's destiny, so how could he/she poison the game? Without  Revan, there would be no game.

This game could be about anything. This game could be set in Skywalker times. Or it could be with Bastila Shan as a main hero that struggles with herself and grows in force (like Kyle in Jedi Outcast or Windu in Shatterpoint). There are plenty of ideas and plots you can use in such game.Revan isn't neccessary to make such game. I'm sorry but after reading all brilliant SW novels like Thrawn Trilogy or NJO stuff or Shatterpoint, Revan plot would be also dull and schematic to you.

As I said before my goal isn't destroying Revan or something like that, and "little hateful man" I am most certain not. You can call Patrick Buchanan or Saddam with that insult. the fact that I don't like some pixelated steroid brainwashed hero means in fact nothing. Quarrel is also a form of discussion and I have right to defend my point of view - in that case my dislike toward Revan

It's about time someone set you amateurs straight!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

The game is about Revan's destiny, so how could he/she poison the game? Without  Revan, there would be no game.

This game could be about anything. This game could be set in Skywalker times. Or it could be with Bastila Shan as a main hero that struggles with herself and grow in force (like Kyle in Jedi Outcast or Windu in Shatterpoint). There are plenty of ideas and plots you can use in such game.Revan isn't neccessary to make such game. I'm sorry but after reading all brilliant SW novels like Thrawn Trilogy or NJO stuff or Shatterpoint, Revan plot would be also dull and schematic to you.

As I said before my goal isn't destroying Revan or something like that, and "little hateful man" I am most certain not. You can call Patrick Buchanan or Saddam with that insult. the fact that I don't like some pixelated steroid brainwashed hero means in fact nothing. Quarrel is also a form of discussion and I have right to defend my point of view - in that case my dislike toward Revan

It's about time someone set you amateurs straight!

There is no pleasing you is there? I bet that if the game was about Bastila, you'll be complaining how much some people here like her, think she's an interesting Jedi ... and she is a pixelated (not steroid) character.

It was a simple question. Do you think Revan or the new Sith Lords was the Sith'Ari? The answer could have been yes or no. But you have turned it into an opportunity to vent / rant your dislike of Revan and then rent into anyone who hasn't read the books or don't think the books are the final word on the Star Wars universe.

Okay, I don't think Revan was the greatest Jedi/Sith Lord there ever was. The Luke in the movies has that. But I do think that Revan made an interesting character, irregardless of gender.

Secondly, who are you to judge who is an anmateur fan? To me fan has one definition, someone who enjoys and likes Star Wars in any medium they prefer.

Yeah I suppose your're right - someone who enjoys SW is automatically a fan but he should at least know something about this universe. Don't get me wrongo but mostly I spend my time on SW boards and there people know everything in details so when I later post in forum like this I still have specific attitude (that is negative in your eyes).

It is just kinda stupid that people neglect deeper knowledge about SW and say that they don't need it. If it was created it has some meaning becouse of this.

I'm sensitive to Revan-related topics since there were idiotic topics about Revan some time ago so when I saw yours I thought "Oh no the next oneee" Sorry but I can't stand all that Revan talk

About Bastila: when I read spoilers I was glad that at last SW will have powerful female character - not of second importance like Mara Jade or Aayla Secura but real important figure. And in game devs butchered that excellent character by portraiting her as weak, undecisive and corrupted little girl. And who appeared instead of her in the first place? Revan the brainwashed macho, who of course, saved silly Bastila from clutches of another powerful male, Malak.Bastila is constantly male-dominated and devs implanted her all stereotypical female defects, only to show how weak she is, in comparison to Revan. Yuck.

Bastila could become a cult hero like Luke Skywalker, Kyle Katarn or Obi-Wan and instead she was broken forever. That is sad.

You may view my posts as a flame war but I think that it was just a good discussion and nothing wrong with that. At least I forced people to think and invent wise arguments. This is positive, admit it.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: