My small contribution

Hey what's up. I just wanted to make a small suggestion. You've probably already seen my posts in the AI topic about scripts so I won't bother with that. And once again nobody else my have cared about this.

My preference was always Jedi Guardian and natrually I used Force Jump. While it has it's advantages I think it's really not all it could be for two reasons. One it's a seperate move. If I'm a Jedi(especially a master Jedi with Master Force Speed enabled) I should be able to do Force Jump and go RIGHT INTO a move. It shouldn't be one jump and then I have to wait forever until my next move is executed. Number two why can't it be done in conjunction with a feat? It would be so cool to see Flurry and force jump combined. He would spin around and do whatever. Same with the other feats. It could be a complete different realm of new animations. Warranted nobody else may give a damn but I think it would be really cool.

I think that it would be especially cool to see force jump done with improving animations as you level up. I think that force jump attack should be a special option, rather than just clicking the normal attack, when you're in range. That would make things alot less confusing and prevent accidental force jumps when the PC auto targets someone. I have no qualms with the fact that you force jump (and attack while doing it), land, wait for your next action, and then attack. Seems reasonable to me.

Agreed, but are you making it a seperate action other than regular attack? It's pretty annoying when you just want to do a regular attack but your character goes skyrocketing foward in the middle of all these enemies, leaving your allies behind.

Technically Force Jump was a move. It was able to cause stun damage to the creatures around where you landed. Doing an action immediately after would be giving the player a free round.

If you say so then of course I have no choice but to accept it. But it seems to me with Master Speed enabled this would be merely a more effective way to close the gap between myself and an opponent. A roll towards my enemy if you will but not a seperate attack in and of itself. But hell I'm not complaining. I've heard about plenty of the other GREAT things you all have planned for KOTOR 2 So I'll believe whatever you tell me. LOL

I wouldn't mind seeing Force Jump combined with feats.

If I cued up a regular attack, and then a flurry, I wouldn't Force Jump. I had to cue up three regular attacks to Force Jump, so I never really used Force Jump. I liked to stick with flurries.

I almost always cued actions since otherwise it would default to standard attacks.

First off...

Spellmar says:

"QUEUED attacks"

Secondly, I would always queue attacks..but if I did a regular attack first, I would do the force jump.

I tend to use theatre when talking about classical theatre, but I go to a movie theater....wierd I am.

I'm also more of a saber person than a sabre person. Seems more balanced.

I just call it going to the movies. And I thought it was Saber.

iceman1731.jpg

That should work on Power Attack and Flurry to though, not just Attack.

No it doesn't. It even explains that in the description. You can't combine it with Feats. It can only be combined with Force speed which adds an attack and I think makes it more powerful as well.

What is this Force Jump....I never used it once in all my 10+ play throughs of KotOr. ;)

Every Jedi class comes with it's own ability. Jedi Counslar's automatically adds increases to your wisdom points and effectiveness. A Sentinal has automatic immunity from mind attacks. A guardian is the only one that get an attack based skill called Force Jump.

As supposed to running towards your opponent everytime your Jedi will use the force to leap towards your opponent and do an attack. It's best when combined with Master Speed(or any form of speed) increasing it's amount and effectiveness. There are disadvantages. The must be nothing blocking your path, and you must do just a regular attack in order for it to work i.e. no feats. Also when you perform this move you will undoubtedly leave the rest of your crew behind. So if you do this in the middle of a group of enemies you're at risk to be bombarded while the rest of your people catch up.