I think it'll be pretty fun to have "shields" of energy like those jar jar bink things at the end of episode 1.

Certainly gives more variety to the lightsaber being the begin all end all defense-offense trick.

Of course your PC wouldn't need it since he/she is a jedi and has a light saber, but it would be cool if your non-jedi party members and certain melee non-jedi enemy NPC's could wield one... or two.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Maybe cortosis shields instead of energy shields? This would make jedi sabers useless in some situations and require you to either use blasters (and therefore other party members) or concentrate on using force powers.

I guess that would be ok, but I think Cortosis is the only real lightsaber proof armor/shield avalible now (other than other lightsabers). I still think that since people are complaining about blasters being useless and never used, cortosis would make them a neccessity.

About actual shields, anyone ever read Shatterpoint? Those shields would be really nice to have, but are unlikely to be in the game. I think what you want is a portable shield (you mentioned the gungans). I'd guess a portable shield generator would be a better solution as I didn't quite get those gungan shields (if they work so well against blasters why don't more use them).

I guess that would be ok, but I think Cortosis is the only real lightsaber proof armor/shield avalible now (other than other lightsabers). I still think that since people are complaining about blasters being useless and never used, cortosis would make them a neccessity.

About actual shields, anyone ever read Shatterpoint? Those shields would be really nice to have, but are unlikely to be in the game. I think what you want is a portable shield (you mentioned the gungans). I'd guess a portable shield generator would be a better solution as I didn't quite get those gungan shields (if they work so well against blasters why don't more use them).

Why doesn't eveyone use Gungan shields?

1) Gungans have some of the most advanced shield tech in the galexy (developed to keep thier underwater homes cosy-dry).

2) Unless you have jedi reflexes they only protect a portion of the body (and battle droids are to dumb to use headshots).

3) They only last for a few shots then run out of power.

Yes I have read Shatterpoint, and I agree, the vibroshields are cool.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Portable shield generators or the gungan shields? I know the portable shields do (as demonstrated in The Courtship of Princess Leia). Portable shield generators would be awesome as they are good for attack, and defense (overall mass deflection from any direction).

Portable shield generators or the gungan shields? I know the portable shields do (as demonstrated in The Courtship of Princess Leia). Portable shield generators would be awesome as they are good for attack, and defense (overall mass deflection from any direction).

Both I guess.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Aren't I alowed both? :)

I was talking about the Gungan shields (I'm guessing on point 3 though, I don't claim any special knowedge).

Actually, I don't really think much of the Gungan shields as I am still in denial about episode 1.

I agree that ep 1 sucked, but I quite liked Gungans as a race. I had an NPC Gungan in my P&P game. The players expected him to be a fool like Jar-Jar, but he was actually a very competent rebel alliance agent (working at an imperial controled nutrient mining facility) who kept rescuing the PCs from tight spots.

I think cortosis armour would be better then a cortosis sheild. Hard to see cortosis in a raw energy form, but then again thats just me.

iceman1731.jpg