Planet speculation

Coruscant 4000 years ago varied very from Coruscant we know from TPM. Devs should rather look into Tales of the JEdi comics to see how Coruscant's buildings looked.

I hope that it isn't neither Coruscant neither Nar Shadda- that was just an empty asteroid in Bastila's times.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Coruscant 4000 years ago varied very from Coruscant we know from TPM. Devs should rather look into Tales of the JEdi comics to see how Coruscant's buildings looked.

However the devs didn't look at the designs of starships, that have been presented there. So it's not improbable that Coruscant will also have a more modern touch in the game.

I hope that it isn't neither Coruscant neither Nar Shadda- that was just an empty asteroid in Bastila's times.

It is not said, that Nar Shadda is empty, because the Hutts already play a big role in the galaxy at this ancient times.

SW database about Nar Shaddaa:

According to Hutt legend, their true homeworld of Varl was destroyed eons ago, and the heroic Hutts conquered Nal Hutta as their new homeworld. The native Evocii were displaced to the largest of Nal Hutta's moons, Nar Shaddaa, but the Hutts eventually annexed the moon as well.

Emphasis lies on "Hutt legend" and "eons ago".

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I can't be sure, but I believe I understand why Haruun Kal has been put into this game. I have the novel Shatterpoint which takes place on HK, and the story is that a Jedi from the Sith War crashed landed on the planet. Now the reason is quite simple, from what I understand most of the natives are Black.

This might be a HUGE Spoiler

(...)

End Spoiler

Makes great Sence.

Why don't you start a separate topic about this? It REALLY makes sense!

That would even explain why all of the inhabitants are potential force users. Jolee loved isolated and hostile worlds.

I only hope Jolee isn't to old to found his own tribe...

A bunch of savages don't make much difference. Nar Shadda in Bastila's times

still wasn't similar to what we know from Dark Empire or Jedi Knight series

Starships were awful compared to massive cruisers we saw in Dark Lords of the Sith and Sith War and that's not the reason to screw up Ancient Coruscant as well. Maybe devs should learn something instead of making mistakes. If Gallo says

that Tales of the Jedi were inspiration he should also look at aesthetical solutions

of Gosset and Carrasco. Coruscant in TOTJ looks really cool. It's similar yet different from prequel COruscant

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

(please dont blast me)

I think the majority of major cities in Star Wars look the same. There are kilometer tall skyscrapers wtih endless speeder traffic. The only thing that you can actually use to distinguish a planet as coruscant is the galactic senate and the jedi temple. there is VERY LITTLE else.

Same way, Nar Shaada may have some distinguishing features and if you can identify them, please do. I suggest looking at the SW Databank, you'll find some useful info. Ofcourse, all you hard core sw people probably know all this stuff.

For all we know, this can be any city on any planet. I welcome speculation but thats just my opinion...

In Shatterpoint Korunnai varied in racial look: they were black but they were also very white and redheaded. And Stover said they are descendants of ancient Jedi but not only one jedi. I say maybesome starship with few hundred jedis crashed on Haruun Kal and they degenerated into Korunnai Tribe. It couldn't be only one or

few jedis cause their ancestors would mutated into morons becouse of lack of various ganetic material that only big ethnic groups provide.

Leave old kook in peace. It would be terrible to know that Mace Windu descended from that bore

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

In Shatterpoint Korunnai varied in racial look: they were black but they were also very white and redheaded. And Stover said they are descendants of ancient Jedi but not only one jedi. I say maybesome starship with few hundred jedis crashed on Haruun Kal and they degenerated into Korunnai Tribe. It couldn't be only one or

few jedis cause their ancestors would mutated into morons becouse of lack of various ganetic material that only big ethnic groups provide.

Leave old kook in peace. It would be terrible to know that Mace Windu descended from that bore

Terrible or not, that's a matter of taste...

Quote taken from the SW database:

It is uncertain how these humans came to call the jungles of Haruun Kal home. The Jedi Council had studied the Korun tribes, extrapolating that the tribes were perhaps the descendents of a crashed Jedi spacecraft. This theory helped answer a peculiar mystery: all the Korun could touch the Force.

It is called a "theory", "mystery"... So have there been 100 or two or only one crashed Jedi, who knows? :rolleyes:

PS: I'd name it the "jedi-crash" theory or the "jolee-bindo-tribe" theory

A bunch of savages don't make much difference. Nar Shadda in Bastila's times

still wasn't similar to what we know from Dark Empire or Jedi Knight series

Starships were awful compared to massive cruisers we saw in Dark Lords of the Sith and Sith War and that's not the reason to screw up Ancient Coruscant as well. Maybe devs should learn something instead of making mistakes. If Gallo says

that Tales of the  Jedi were inspiration he should also look at aesthetical solutions

of Gosset and Carrasco. Coruscant in TOTJ looks really cool. It's similar yet different from prequel COruscant

Care to provide some links/pictures of the architecture from that timeperiod?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Jedipodo:

There must be more than two or one jedi. Only big group would survive in a wild jungle full of parasites and beasts. Only big group would have genetic material

diversified enough to produce descendants without biological flaws. Read biology books man.

And by the way: Greeting to a fellow fan. I see that you know well real SW stuff. Cheers!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Care to provide some links/pictures of the architecture from that timeperiod?

[Meshugger's mindtrick worked]

Yeah sure I provide pictures for you friend!

Here it goes (and don't tell that pathetic republic frigates from KOTOR are better

than this stuff):

post-1577-1095521542_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095523472_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095523549_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095524120_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095524261_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095524371_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525001_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525050_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525165_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525232_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525300_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525369_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525414_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525453_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525721_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525747_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095525902_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526067_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526313_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526403_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526517_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526597_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526687_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526742_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526801_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526846_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526872_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526902_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095526935_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095527045_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095527103_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095528095_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095528261_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1095528290_thumb.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

There must be more than two or one jedi. Only big group would survive in a wild jungle full of parasites and beasts. Only big group would have genetic material

diversified enough to produce descendants without biological flaws. Read biology books man.

And by the way: Greeting to a fellow fan. I see that you know well real SW stuff. Cheers!

Hey your right man. However I think story writers could find an explanation for nearly everything in order to accredit the "Jolee-Bindo-tribe"-theory.

Cheers B)

Maybe Bindo was in charge of crashed jedi mission? You know he returned to the order gained rank of master and when sith assassins began to hunt jedi he

gather a big group of jedis and try to escape then Sith send fleet to destroy them and during chase ship crashed on what we now know was Haruun Kal. Sith retreated convinced that Jedis died and they survived and during the milennia degenerated into Korunnai. This would explain why Korunnai varied in racial look: Mace was black but Chalk was tall, white and redhaired lass...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Telos

Nar Shadda

Haruun Kal

Dantooine

Onderon/Duex

2 more planets, and probably 3 none planets like the opening Station.

My guess, Corusant is the next one.

A developer said that Peragus was included in the count of 7.

Onderon and Duxn count as 2 seperate worlds.

That makes 5 confermed worlds

Peragus

Telos

Dantoone

Duxn

Onderon

So there are only 2 left with 4 reasonable candidates:

Nar Shadda (NAR, screenshots)

Haruun Kal (HAR)

Coruscant (the mention of the empty jedi temple)

Korriban (Revan disapeared there)

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Is it possible that they count the planets in a different way? I remember an interview at IGN where Chris Avellone said the following:

In terms of the actual exploration of the universe, there's about six or seven planets, but that's kind of an unfair categorization, since many planets have sub-locations that aren't really the planets themselves. We did that so it was intentionally confusing for the strategy guide writers, and so that it would be harder to lump the locations into easily definable and (frankly) prejudiced categorizations.

"locations that aren't really the planets themselves"!! Onderon and Dxun could be counted as one. There is maybe only a quick shuttle trip for a few credits. I think "planet" means that there is a space port where you can approach with the Ebon Hawk.

So are there 2 or 3 planets left?

Uff posting all those pictures was exhausting! So what do you think about them people?

How do you like Tales of the Jedi artistic vision of Ancient Galaxy?

(they're on previous page if u don't know)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Is it possible that they count the planets in a different way? I remember an interview at IGN where Chris Avellone said the following:
In terms of the actual exploration of the universe, there's about six or seven planets, but that's kind of an unfair categorization, since many planets have sub-locations that aren't really the planets themselves. We did that so it was intentionally confusing for the strategy guide writers, and so that it would be harder to lump the locations into easily definable and (frankly) prejudiced categorizations.

"locations that aren't really the planets themselves"!! Onderon and Dxun could be counted as one. There is maybe only a quick shuttle trip for a few credits. I think "planet" means that there is a space port where you can approach with the Ebon Hawk.

So are there 2 or 3 planets left?

I would imagine "six or seven" depends on if you count Onderon and Duxn as seperate locations, although he may be thinking of Peragus.

I think the non-world locations are Citidal station, a Sith warship and the secret hiding place of the jedi.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

In any account I believe one of the only reasons to go to Haruun Kal is to find Jolee, whether he's with a pretty lady or a few other Jedi doesn't matter. What does matter is that Jolee is one of the Jedi that landed on this planet. It seems to me that he would be in charge as well, or the leadership figure. I don't know..

what I do know is that Bindu and Windu are only different from one letter. I believe it's very possible that Windu's ancestor was Jolee Bindu.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

At first, i would like to give a big "Thank you" to Nur Ab Sal for taking the time posting these pictures. :huh:

The architecture of the Old Republic seems more robust and primitive than it does in the movies, but still esthetically pretty good. Especially the "Great Iron Citadel of the Krath" looked nice.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah it's my favourite too.

But starships are far superior to what we see in KOTOR.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Yeah it's my favourite too.

But starships are far superior to what we see in KOTOR.

Indeed, they seem to be more 'Star Wars' in their looks than the ones in KotOR.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I would imagine "six or seven" depends on if you count Onderon and Duxn as seperate locations, although he may be thinking of Peragus.

I think the non-world locations are Citidal station, a Sith warship and the secret hiding place of the jedi.

Chris Avellone says that "six or seven planets" is "kind of an unfair categorization"!

From my point of view he isn't only talking about non-world locations (as a starship) but rather about locations you could define as planets but nevertheless aren't. If Dxun for example isn't on the Ebon Hawk's galaxy map, so it isn't a "planet" in this terminology.

IT could be that Corusant plays like a Leviathan level or Star Forge level. I mean you can't just walk around Corusant, you have to fly to the most places you need to go. And the only place the PC really needs to go on Corusant is the Jedi Temple. So we'll might see movie where we land on the planet, and we might see ships flying around and skyscrapers out of the JT window's but that's it.

Clearly a smart and easy way to add Corusant without using a whole lot of space.

KOTOR 2 must be completed