This Place Lacks Substance

Menno

In the name of Allah the Compassionate and the Merciful,

I'm sorry for being blunt, but this forum lacks in many areas. At least in the Bioware forum, the developers participated regularly in forum discussions. In here, the developers barely show their faces, scared of their own shadow; afraid to confront the gamers they are about to sell a product to.

Secondly, the members here seem to spout the same rhetorical nonsense as they do on every other forum. "Whaaaaa Whaaaaa My game is better than yours", etc. Children, please grow up.

Obsidian, my advice to you is to employ heavy-handed, iron-fisted, moderators to control these whelps from their incessent whining. If you cannot do your job, than someone else will.

I decree a Fatwah!

Allah Akhbar!

Agreed, its a new forum. Lets bring some new ideas to the table. Why should Obsidian be BIS2?? For christsakes, the industry has been through this before. Why repeat the same mistakes again? People, this is the 21st century.

I'm sorry for being blunt, but this forum lacks in many areas. At least in the Bioware forum, the developers participated regularly in forum discussions. In here, the developers barely show their faces, scared of their own shadow; afraid to confront the gamers they are about to sell a product to.

I don't think this is a fair thing to say just yet. The boards have only existed for a few days. Lets give it some time before we decree that the OE devs are scared to face us. A month from now, if the devs still haven't even 'slightly' participated in these forums, then I would start to be concerned.

Just chill a bit and let the boards stretchs it's legs a bit.

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Agreed. This place blows chunks. I thought it'd be cool, with intelligent discussions and general funny, but it lacks in both areas. In fact it looks just as if the Interplay people have taken over this place and turned it into a bland discussion center where they just talk about things which are already known. It's pure tofu, and I don't like it.

There's also a lot of general stupidity around here as well. People, do your reading. "Planescape license?" That's hilarious.

Anyway, this place stinks. I'd add a lot more but I think it'll be said anyway in a few posts.

Run something_kinda_freaky.exe

They have nothing *to* discuss. It'd just be a waste of their time if they joined in with the speculation/bickering that's going on at the moment. I'm sure there'll be plenty of interaction once they've announced project X.

I agree that people need to cut down on the amount of bitching and complaining that seems to be going on, but about the devs...I mean, this place has only been open a week. Just because they haven't posted up a storm in the short time it has been open doesn't mean they are 'afraid of their own shadows'.

If in a few weeks or so we still haven't heard anything from them, then I'll agree with you.

Comrads,

I suggest a five-year plan,

1st year : Limit the smilies to sad faces.

2nd year : Train a militia to supress rebel thinkers.

3rd year : Destroy every links to other forums, especially to their rules.

4th year : Limit the number of post per day to 5 for every users, except the militia.

5th year : Send all who still oppose to the gulags (NMA/Iply forums)

w3rd, comrads.

I'm sorry for being blunt, but this forum lacks in many areas.  At least in the Bioware forum, the developers participated regularly in forum discussions.  In here, the developers barely show their faces, scared of their own shadow; afraid to confront the gamers they are about to sell a product to. 

Secondly, the members here seem to spout the same rhetorical nonsense as they do on every other forum.  "Whaaaaa Whaaaaa My game is better than yours", etc.  Children, please grow up. 

Obsidian, my advice to you is to employ heavy-handed, iron-fisted, moderators to control these whelps from their incessent whining.  If you cannot do your job, than someone else will.

I decree a Fatwah!

Allah Akhbar!

Heh heh heh... good post. I'd give it a 7/10; I was almost about to take you seriously there for a minute. Certainly could be better, though.

I kind of agree, except for the backing up his arguments with fatwahs and whatnot. It's not that I have anything against Islam, I just don't like the idea of opening my web browser and getting shot in the face by a hashishin.

Hire some mods, and ban everybody except me.

This place is just the Interplay forums without the mods. A forum usually takes the personality of the first few posters and it looks like the Interplay goons lucked out and spammed this place faster than I did...nearly B)

The 5 year plan sounds good. I suggest we burn down the moderators and blame it on the interplay fanboys then declare whatever we say goes. Afterwards no new users can join and we can have TOTAL CONTROL! On internet board B)

>*

Some of the people who went to work for Obsidian also were talkative on the BIS boards, so I have no doubt that as time goes on, they will talk here too. - the boards are new, and really, they don't have to post here to be able to talk to each other.

As far as I know, they are in the process of getting mods - so that topic won't be as big an issue (hopefully) in the near future.

And lastly, they don't have much to talk about on the game(s) yet, as they still can't say much - if anything.... so give them a chance.

Let us go through several remarks in good order:

except for the backing up his arguments with fatwahs and whatnot. It's not that I have anything against Islam, I just don't like the idea of opening my web browser and getting shot in the face by a hashishin.

If I wanted a comment by a bafoon Amerikkkan, I would have called Bush.

Comrades,

I suggest a five-year plan,

1st year : Limit the smilies to sad faces.

2nd year : Train a militia to supress rebel thinkers.

3rd year : Destroy every links to other forums, especially to their rules.

4th year : Limit the number of post per day to 5 for every users, except the militia.

5th year : Send all who still oppose to the gulags (NMA/Iply forums)

Excellent plan, if you need any support in implementing it feel free to ask.

Some of the people who went to work for Obsidian also were talkative on the BIS boards, so I have no doubt that as time goes on, they will talk here too. - the boards are new, and really, they don't have to post here to be able to talk to each other.

Do you wish to make any further excuses for them son? Perhaps talk to their landlord as to why their rent is late, since you are so adept at making excuses for others.

I was almost about to take you seriously there for a minute. Certainly could be better, though.

I was being serious.

In summary, most of you are doing the same thing they do on other sites; make excuses for the developers. Keep up the great work.

The Fatwah is still issued.

Allah Akhbar!

I was being serious.

I didn't say you weren't serious. I said I wasn't going to take you seriously.

Come back in a week or two, and if they still haven't done anything in the way of moderation, still haven't released any pre-game info, and still haven't posted on the boards, then I'll take you seriously.

Oh, and I'm not American. :)

Give them time. The forums' been open for justa couple days.

As for the Anti Amerikan Muslim; you don't make Allah proud with such rhetoric. In fact, you make him frown in sorrow over his child's sadness. :) :angry: :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I agree that people need to cut down on the amount of bitching and complaining that seems to be going on, but about the devs...I mean, this place has only been open a week. Just because they haven't posted up a storm in the short time it has been open doesn't mean they are 'afraid of their own shadows'.

If in a few weeks or so we still haven't heard anything from them, then I'll agree with you.

It's actually only been open for two days, both of which were on a weekend. Most of the team didn't even know I finished putting up the boards until I told them this afternoon.

I know Feargus has already starting posted, I suspect others will soon.

How about giving us more than two days before judging so quickly :p

Yeah...uh...I was agreeing with you. I was basically saying that it's too soon to say they are avoiding us. Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear enough. :p

Also made the mistake of exaggerating the amount of time the forum has been open. You're right, it's only been like 3 days. Oops!