Exar Kun War

The best sith ever was Revan then Count Dooku Tryandus, then Ajunta Pall and then Anakin Skywalker after stupid Padme was dead.

You are confusing Sith, The Galactic Empire, and Dark Jedi Gizka... :unsure:

Anakin was a Dark Jedi as he was a lord in the Galactic Empire (Not a sith empire)

Count Dooku/Lord Tyranus = Dark Jedi (Apprentice to Darth Sideous)

Revan = I loved my Revan and im sure everyone also loved their own character...either good sith or good jedi. <_<

Ajunta Pall = Pure 100% freshly squeezed Sith Juice. :p

Btw for all those who dont know Darth is a title for a Dark Jedi and Sith Lord or other titles are for the sith...do not confuse the two.

The best Sith ever was indeed Exar Kun though,

"Thanks to you Exar Kun the Sith will never die" quote Marka Ragnos ;)

Vader and Tyrannus were both apprentices to Darth Sideous. A Sith. At least as much a Sith as one could be in that timeframe. So they are both Sith. NOT Dark Jedi. They followed Sith teachings and philosophys.

The best sith ever was Revan then Count Dooku Tryandus, then Ajunta Pall and then Anakin Skywalker after stupid Padme was dead.

You are confusing Sith, The Galactic Empire, and Dark Jedi Gizka... :lol:

Anakin was a Dark Jedi as he was a lord in the Galactic Empire (Not a sith empire)

Count Dooku/Lord Tyranus = Dark Jedi (Apprentice to Darth Sideous)

Revan = I loved my Revan and im sure everyone also loved their own character...either good sith or good jedi. <_<

Ajunta Pall = Pure 100% freshly squeezed Sith Juice. :p

Btw for all those who dont know Darth is a title for a Dark Jedi and Sith Lord or other titles are for the sith...do not confuse the two.

The best Sith ever was indeed Exar Kun though,

"Thanks to you Exar Kun the Sith will never die" quote Marka Ragnos ;)

Vader and Tyrannus were both apprentices to Darth Sideous. A Sith. At least as much a Sith as one could be in that timeframe. So they are both Sith. NOT Dark Jedi. They followed Sith teachings and philosophys.

Yup. It was even mentioned in both I and II that it was a Dark Lord of the Sith and an apprentice. For what it's worth.

I'm sorry but Exar Kun never really put up much of a defense in trying to reject it. He was already falling to the dark side before he even got to the sith tombs, before he stole the jedi holocron. His co called defense against the sith spirit was just simply a futile case of "denial." He had already fallen before that. But yeah, you're right. Exar Kun was so much more of a Sith Lord than Ulic ever was.

Are you crazy? I'm sorry but you're way off here. Exar Kun didn't accept the Dark side until Nadd tricked him into a Sith tomb and collapsed the ceiling on him nearly killing Kun instantly. However as he was dying he realized that Nadd was keeping him alive with the Dark side of the force and that if he embraced that power he would be healed. Exar Kun in great pain blindly gave in to Freedon Nadd and embraced the Dark side thinking of course he would only do it to save his life and never use its power again. When Kun left the tomb he realized that he could no longer call upon the light side of the force. As a test the Dark Lords on Korriban sent creatures tainted with the Dark side to attack Exar Kun as he tried to get back to his ship. With the light side not responding to Exar's calls he used the Dark side once again to save his life again telling himself it was the last time and he would never use it again and would find his way back to the light. However this would never be because in the tomb Freedon Nadd had Exar Kun touch a Sith artifact that taints a person with the Dark side and seals off the light forever. Exar Kun was then lead to Yavin IV where he was captured and again at deaths door but this time with one of Naga Sadow's creatures squeezing the life from him Exar Kun felt a great rage build inside of him from the dark half of his heart and when he unleashed it he was transformed from Exar Kun to the Dark Lord Of The Sith. In that rage Kun destroyed both the creature and Freedon Nadd sealing his dark fate. Ulic Qel-Droma was turned much more easily. No torture or tricks were involved Ulic was proud, power hungry, and wished to taste the power of the Dark side. In Nadd's passing he warned Ulic of Exar Kun but once Kun fought him to a stalemate Marka Ragnos appeared to the two Dark Jedi and made Kun the Dark Lord and Ulic his apprentice. He told Ulic and Exar Kun they would make a new golden age of the Sith and told Kun because of him the Sith would now never die.

Cheers!

okaaaay....

I'm curious -are you one of those guys who enjoyed this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books ?

The situation you describe was exactly as I put it. He was in denial. He hadn't completely turned yet but he was well on his path. By that time, he had already given in to anger. He had already lied to and blatantly disobeyed Jedi Masters. He had already...aww heck! READ BETWEEN THE LINES. If he had not already explicitly turned --it was implicit.

Unlike Qel-Droma, there was nothing in Exar Kun to redeem.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So had Ulic; you missed my point entirely. Ulic had been charmed by the Dark side just as Kun was however Kun was much more reluctant to embrace it. For years he struggled to tame the darkness inside his heart and follow the teachings of the Jedi. He is a tragic character because he should have never been trained by the Jedi to begin with. The Jedi created Kun the Dark Lord when they saw into his heart and trained him anyway. Ulic however was sent as a spy to learn of the Sith but instead was intoxicated by the power of the Dark side and gave into it's seductive lure. Exar on the other hand had to be tricked into sealing off all ties with the light side before he truely fell. Exar Kun always wanted to return to the light a tragic irony that huanted him and is the reason he destroyed Freedon Nadd. Ulic Qel-Droma disobeyed the Jedi code and embraced the Dark side and went on to kill and destroy without remorse. It was only when he was faced with the blood of his own brother on his hands did he fear the monster he had become, a bit selfish really. Ulic was too weak to complete his Dark ambitions and instead chose to become a shell of a man sealing the fate of the great Sith Lord Exar Kun who had saved Ulic from certain death at the hands of the Republic he saved. I see you have turned to personal attacks to aid in your arguement which I find very disapointing. Personally I respect your opinion and enjoyed the conversation up to this point. I see you have no respect other points of view and I will end the discussion here I guess we will agree to disagree.

Cheers!

your view of personal attack was irony on my part. (we were BOTH discussing characters from a very obscure comic book and so i attempted to bring in some levity to our discussion by bringing up that "geek bible" -which apparantly gave you the impression of the exact opposite response i was going for)

that said...i would never in my wildest dreams consider exar kun to be a tragic figure.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I agree with Dead Skin Mask. Leferd doesn't accept other points of view except of his own. Besides if you think that ToTJ are obscure why do you discuss with us?

Give yourself a break then. Love Qel Droma your problem. I like Ulic personally

and opposing his figure to Exar is absurdal to me. And that's what you are doing.

Learn to be less agressive when discuss with other people OK? A little bit of tolerance wouldn't hurt your ego much.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I accept opposing viewpoints just fine. Just look at the political threads in OT, or don't, I don't care. Anyways I thought I came across as a pragmatist there... However I don't see where you two are going with this...

Look, I am being civil. Heck, I even threw out an olive brance --a link that self-deprecates our "geekiness"...(but if you took it the wrong way...either I'm a bad writer, or you need to lighten up, have a thicker skin, or a combination of)

If I'm reading you right, then you like Exar Kun. That's fine. More power to you. I think he's a great UBG (ultimate bad guy). You think he's the most badass sith who's ever lived. That's great. He could be. You think he's a great tragic figure. That's where I disagree with you. The Exar Kun characterization is really not all that complex -as compared to say...Ulic Qel-Droma. From his introduction in Dark Lords of the Sith, we see just how nasty a person he was. He disrepects, outright lies, and disobeys his master. He has feelings of utter contempt for his fellow jedi trainees -even shouting racial slurs over their alien inferiority. And no, he was not "tricked" into abandoning the jedi ways by Freedon Nadd and the other sith spirits. He was well into the path of the darkside. His trying to access the lightside during his conversion was the way he had been trained to use the Force. That was Exar Kun in denial. He may not have consciously wanted to be a darksider -but that was the path he was treading. Master Arca on Ossus immediately sensed that when they met. Whatever the case, Exar Kun ultimately had a choice: embrace the darkside and become power incarnate or keep whatever jedi principles he had left and die a jedi (nomatter how flawed a jedi).

Look, in order to be considered a great tragic figure -there has to be some sort of redeemable quality in him. Earlier in this thread there was talk of of the great Shakespearian tragic figures: MacBeth, Ceaser etc., they were all sympathic figures who were considered heroes at one point or another. Does Exar Kun fit that mold? Ulic Qel-Droma sure did.

Now if I am completely off base in my comprehension of your arguements then tell me why. But going with the "You don't accept other points of view except your own" route is just plain lame. (and no. this is not an attack with any sort of malice in my part)

In my previous posts I explained why I liked Ulic. Now let me pose a question to you: What makes you like the Exar Kun character so much? I like him as a fascinating villain. If you already stated that, my apologies, perhaps I need it spelled out. Humor me. (this question is for DSM, Nur Ab Sal or anyone else)