KOTOR II Force Powers

Is it so hard to comprehend that they used the d20 rule system as a reference for the rules, but didn't actually use it to the letter?

I comprehend it quite readily, but I objectively see as a detriment and not as a bonus.

So, if you playing a PnP game and the DM decided that a particular rule was not fun and ruining the experience, and discounted the rule, you would say he is a bad DM? Because the only thing that matters is sticking the rules 100%?

Since I am the DM in my group I never came across that problem in my gaming group.

In other words, you don't want to answer the question.

You'd never, ever change a rule so the game is more fun for everyone involved?

It's not that he doesn't want to answer it. It's that he has no concept of the term "hypothetical situation". That, and logic.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

what is the point of all this?

There is no point except for wasting time. :D

I rest my case.

Say, you were playing tennis but the person you were meant to play with is running late? You pull out your racquet and ball and start bouncing it against a wall.

Thats like arguing with Hades_One. He, and the wall, are too thick for the ideas/balls to go through, but you do it anyway because its fun for a while and kills time.

I don't tell with hypotheticals. I deal with what is infront me in real time. I could say yes or no, but it would be meaning since it would be a hypothetical situation and not a real situation. If it ever happens in real time and not in a hypothetical time I'll tell you. :p

what is the point of all this?

There is no point except for wasting time. :D

I rest my case.

Say, you were playing tennis but the person you were meant to play with is running late? You pull out your racquet and ball and start bouncing it against a wall.

Thats like arguing with Hades_One. He, and the wall, are too thick for the ideas/balls to go through, but you do it anyway because its fun for a while and kills time.

Yes...you right.

I just hate it when people start debating and never get to any real conclusion.

I guess that is the price you pay for when debating with Hades. :D

Okay. I'm running a LARP game out in California and a werewolf player comes out of the Umbra, and "pops" into the Cab of a semi in his werewolf "crinos" form. He's like 10 feet tall. The driver of the truck managed to shoot the werewolf. In LARP, you use abilitites to "retest" outcomes. He wanted to use a Dodge retest, which was clearly in the rules. I refused.

I said you're 10 foot tall, sitting on the dude in the cab of a truck. Where are you going to dodge? The player acquised, and the game went on.

Story and having fun trump rules.

Catering to Hades frustration trumps threads.

Okay. I'm running a LARP game out in California and a werewolf player comes out of the Umbra, and "pops" into the Cab of a semi in his werewolf "crinos" form. He's like 10 feet tall. The driver of the truck managed to shoot the werewolf. In LARP, you use abilitites to "retest" outcomes. He wanted to use a Dodge retest, which was clearly in the rules. I refused.

I said you're 10 foot tall, sitting on the dude in the cab of a truck. Where are you going to dodge? The player acquised, and the game went on.

Story and having fun trump rules.

Catering to Hades frustration trumps threads.

You were following the rules. Rule 0. BWAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAA :p !