Looking for the guys who worked on BG2...

Barren

And if any Bioweenies do read here, could you explaine why you nerfed thieves in BG2? Especially two weapon style, but if you want to tackle lack of scroll use and nerfed items etc... feel free.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

LOL karzak... Still fighting the thieves being screwed, I see. B)

It is a great injustice that Bio needs to answer for, in this life or in the next.

Why Bio Why?

LOL karzak... Still fighting the thieves being screwed, I see. B)

It is a great injustice that Bio needs to answer for, in this life or in the next.

How were thieves screwed?

Well, they were denied proper use of two weapon style, they were denied scroll use, their item selection was much less powerful than other classes (no decent bucklers for instance).

There are more than that, but those are the biggies that Bio could never explain.

Why Bio Why?

@ Karzak:

Well... ToB did solve a lot of those things you've mentioned, and aVenger did a lot of good stuff in rebalancing the Thief in BG2.

And overall, isn't BG2 a good game?

ToB didn't fix anything, it just added a bunch of uber items and powers in a lackluster story and IWDish gameplay.

Bio should have stepped up and either fixed it themselves or explained why they did it in the first place and couldn't fix it.

Overall BG2 was a good game, but it could have been much better. Sadely the lack of concern by the developers that took seed in BG2 fully blossomed in the manure pile of NWN.

Why Bio Why?

Which you have called a "good game". Go figure. ;)

I called it a good game in a certain context, like diablo 2 is a good game, in fact by sales figures diablo 2 is a FAR better game that NWN and FAR FAR better than PS:T.

I know context is something that eludes you volo.

Why Bio Why?

ToB didn't fix anything, it just added a bunch of uber items and powers in a lackluster story and IWDish gameplay.

Bio should have stepped up and either fixed it themselves or explained why they did it in the first place and couldn't fix it.

Overall BG2 was a good game, but it could have been much better. Sadely the lack of concern by the developers that took seed in BG2 fully blossomed in the manure pile of NWN.

With Throne of Bhaal, Thieves and Bards were allowed to use and make scrolls or to Use Any Item. I agree that ToB is a Uber Item Campaign. And again, I'd be happy to point to aVengers Rogue Rebalancing Mod which 'upps' the Thieves/Bards to their Pnp counterparts, which also included some Thief-specialty weapons without overpoweredness.

A part from the possible Thief nerfness, SoA has been a good game. I still play it.

With Throne of Bhaal, Thieves and Bards were allowed to use and make scrolls or to Use Any Item.

UAI was a crap powergiven because the devs lacked the imagination to do better.

ToB didn't fix thieves DW.

And ToB came out too late to fix SoA anyway.

SoA is a good game unless you play a straight thief, Bioware just wasn't that concerned with the ruleset or the spirit of D&D, and it went from a little bit of crap in SoA to a whole steaming platter full in NWN.

Why Bio Why?