TSL interview at TheForce.net

Didn't they have a hit-point based Force system, that ate life points when you cast a Force power? If they used the D20 ruleset more faithfully, they should definitely take care NOT to implement that mistake. It's funny and adds strategy, but it's completely screwed up if you can cast Force power's and kill yourself with them.

That all depends.  Nothing seems set in stone for the next-gen consoles.

Okay, let me put it like this for you in more elementary terms since you don't understand.

It would be wise for Microsoft to save KOTOR 3 and even Halo 3 for their next generation consoles.

Tyrell,

You wonder why people flip out at you on these forums.

Telling people that they can't understand your posts is very antagonistic. I've never ripped you on these forums. In fact, I've tried to be civil when few people are civil to you.

I understand that there might be some benefit to having a major title like KOTOR:3 for the Xbox Next launch. However, neither Sony, Nintendo, nor Microsoft are even giving a YEAR for launch dates yet. They haven't decided fully on hardware, chipsets, architecture, or features for the new consoles. It's pretty hard to plan a game for a console that doesn't even have hardware planned out yet. KOTOR:2 is seeing a fairly quick release. If it is really popular, and has a great cliff-hanger ending, I'm not sure people will want to wait too long for KOTOR:3. If at the time of KOTOR:2's release, we have concrete details on the planned hardware for the XBox Next, it would make sense to start a new engine and plan for that console.

I don't think we'll hear announcements about the next consoles until next year's E3. It's possible that Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc will have plans by next February, but I don't know if they'll release those specs to developers by that time.

cmon man, i rip him a new one on almost every topic he makes, cause he diserves it. join the fun  :p

he always talks about how wonderful tfn is and how it got more hits then starwars.com, well, who really cares?

Raven tried as in tried by giving a D+ effort to amuse me in another thread, but failed. Failed so bad that he even gave up and tried to get back on topic.

I'm suprised Lucas didn't change that line in the Special Editions. Parsecs are units of distance, not time. The line still stands as a Lucas-snafu.

What can you say though? Its George Lucas! Hell, you can't hate him. I mean without his vision you wouldn't be here in discussion of TSL....cause there would be no SW. :)

But then again, he does mess up with many things. :(

I watched Raiders again last night.

I think Lucas deserves credit for what he gave us. He did alot over the years. It doesn't mean that his work is perfect, or that he gets a free pass from here to eternity. He still stands upon a great body of work, but he's also made big mistakes.

As has been said before, I think his biggest weakness is that he doesn't have any real collaboration. Whether he's deliberately surrounded himself with Yes-men or it's just ended up that no one really criticizes his ideas (maybe he just gets irate when someone says, "that's a bunch of crap, you shouldn't do that"), the end result is the same.

I know fantasy fans everywhere are going to scream at me, but it's the same with a lot of second-rate tolkien-contrived fantasy that's come of the woodwork over the years. They need an editor, they don't have one, the products still sell well and no one wants to say no to them. In a lot of ways, I guess, Star Wars has fallen to follow more than just the positive fantasy traditions...

I watched Raiders again last night.

I think Lucas deserves credit for what he gave us. He did alot over the years. It doesn't mean that his work is perfect, or that he gets a free pass from here to eternity. He still stands upon a great body of work, but he's also made big mistakes.

Yeah, but there should be a law though that directors can't touch their films once they have gone bat s*** insane like Lucas.

Cheers