Slayers Claw can upgrade tier 1 Might inspiration to tier 3

I guess it's possible everyone knew this already but I was trying a build for Fassina as loremaster using the BPM  fixes to Each Kill Fed His Fury and Set to Their Purpose to focus the chanter half on team buffing. The plan was to run Slayers Claw + Sashas scimitar, open fights with empowered Set to Their Purpose into Each Kill Fed His Fury using the 3 phrase refund from Sashas, upgrading the Might inspiration to Tenacious  with Slayers Claw then use Minor Blights to replace Slayers Claw in the main hand and use it as her primary source of damage. 

What surprised me is it starts out giving Tenacious but the first time Minor Blights switches from one element to another it upgrades the might inspiration again to Energized, presumably because there's an instant where Slayers Claw get re-equipped and upgrades the inspiration again. I tested and it also works with just switching weapons so I guess this could also be useful for any blackjacket with access to a tier 1 might inspiration like a blackjacket/skald who want's to build for crits anyway and also has access to Each Kill Fed His Fury.

20231219162823_1.thumb.jpg.0713bf234d100a9bfe0d2af63b2ce8db.jpg

On 12/19/2023 at 10:55 AM, thelee said:

yeah it's a pretty neat trick. i think someone here even posted an aI script they used to automate the upgrade to tier 3 inspirations.

Might have been me but I can't remember... I just use some scripted weapon switches which is particularly effective if you're running a fighter / x with quick switch. Even more with a black jacket, where with quick switch you have zero delay.

Slayer's Claw is the reason I always do path of the slayer even though it has some of the hardest fights for soloing. Also only path that doesn't force a rest. It's unfortunate you can't access SSS content until fairly late, though it's possible to leave most of the hard fights for after you get it and become an interrupt-machine. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

How does this interact with Blood Storm and Each Kill fed his Fury ? Does the upgraded Might Inspiration get extended ?

Of course, the status effect is a named effect, the effect is extended as intended even if upgraded or downgraded. In the Character windows, they appear as Energized at the Blood Storm effect for example

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

How does this interact with Blood Storm and Each Kill fed his Fury ? Does the upgraded Might Inspiration get extended ?

For this Fassina build specifically it seems a bit buggy. The Energized buff after being upgraded lasts longer than the con and resolve inspirations, but unlike the tier 1 inspirations the duration doesnt get refreshed when re-casting Each Kill Fed His Fury if it's still active so I have to wait untill it runs out to re-cast (it also doesnt give a suppressed tier 1 might inspiration which i would have thought if buffing while the tier 3 is still active).

Edited by limaxophobiacq

9 minutes ago, limaxophobiacq said:

For this Fassina build specifically it seems a bit buggy. The Energized buff after being upgraded lasts longer than the con and resolve inspirations, but unlike the tier 1 inspirations the duration doesnt get refreshed when re-casting Each Kill Fed His Fury if it's still active so I have to wait untill it runs out to re-cast (it also doesnt give a suppressed tier 1 might inspiration which i would have thought if buffing while the tier 3 is still active).

Contrary to the un upgraded version, Each Kill Fed His Fury does not technically grant inspiration, now I remember it. 

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Contrary to the un upgraded version, Each Kill Fed His Fury does not technically grant inspiration, now I remember it. 

Yeah but im using BPM which changes it to give inspiration (but doesnt increase duration on kill).

Edit: I dont know how it was double posted.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

On 12/27/2023 at 12:28 PM, Elric Galad said:

Yep but last BPM version also removed the increased duration in the nerf package 😆

Yes I know, I might have been unclear but the thing is the might inspiration, specifically, does not get a duration re-fresh when re-casting the abiility after its been upgraded by slayers claw.

So if casting Each Kill Fed His Fury again with say 10s left on the duration of the old one (which means the tier 3 might inspiration has ~25s left because upgrading it with Slayers Claw seems to re-set its duration), the duration of the Con and Res inspirations are refreshed, but the duration of the Might inspiraion after upgrade stays the same and instead of having a suppressed tier 1 might inspiration that kicks in when the tier 3 runs out (which is what I thought would happen) Fassina ends up with only con and res inspiration and no might inspiration after the duration of the might inspiration from the first Each Kill Fed His Fury cast  runs out.

Progression of ..Each Kill buff over time with first on cast with slayers claw equiped -> upgrade when blights switches element -> con and res inspiration run out -> re-cast -> might runs out

eachkillfassina.thumb.jpg.6456e6b94d77eb2c6ce115398be23b6b.jpg

I guess I just didnt really know how suppression with inspirations work, basically I thought the tier 1 might inspiration from the re-cast would exist but be suppressed and kick in when the tier 3 runs out but it seems it does not.

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, limaxophobiacq said:

Yes I know, I might have been unclear but the thing is the might inspiration, specifically, does not get a duration re-fresh when re-casting the abiility after its been upgraded by slayers claw.

So if casting Each Kill Fed His Fury again with say 10s left on the duration of the old one (which means the tier 3 might inspiration has ~25s left because upgrading it with Slayers Claw seems to re-set its duration), the duration of the Con and Res inspirations are refreshed, but the duration of the Might inspiraion after upgrade stays the same and instead of having a suppressed tier 1 might inspiration that kicks in when the tier 3 runs out (which is what I thought would happen) Fassina ends up with only con and res inspiration and no might inspiration after the duration of the might inspiration from the first Each Kill Fed His Fury cast  runs out.

Progression of ..Each Kill buff over time with first on cast with slayers claw equiped -> upgrade when blights switches element -> con and res inspiration run out -> re-cast -> might runs out

eachkillfassina.thumb.jpg.6456e6b94d77eb2c6ce115398be23b6b.jpg

I guess I just didnt really know how suppression with inspirations work, basically I thought the tier 1 might inspiration from the re-cast would exist but be suppressed and kick in when the tier 3 runs out but it seems it does not.

Inspirations/Affliction themselves don't suppress each other. They just get cancelled by a higher tier one. You can use a 1s paralysis to "dispell" a 60s immobilisation.

• Like 1