Obsidian 20th Anniversary Documentary | Part 1

kirottu

...hard ta believe it be 20 years since the Isle sunk...still dreamin' o' Unca Fergie's wee sis Jessica on occasion...🤣

BISpumpkinparty.jpg.761977d14bb15abc9e615537b79a5dc3.jpg

...congrats, kids...keep up the good work...an' git started on that Planescape: Torment remake, fer Jebus' sake's!!...👍

ripBISlarge.jpg.f5736573cab66158eb6f6df4bfcac5f7.jpg

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

• 2 weeks later...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest takeaways: Chris Parker seems like a genuinely great person, Josh turned into Ned Flanders and YouTube comments are terrible.

Uhm, scratch the last one, already knew that. :p

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

9 minutes ago, majestic said:

Josh turned into Ned Flanders

He's a fundamentalist Christian?

• Confused 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

7 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

He's a fundamentalist Christian?

Well, guess that joke was funnier in my head, dunno, have you watched any of the videos? :p He just looks like he moved in next to Homer, with a dash of an Albert Einstein vibe. 

Eh. :p  

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

If it's bad marketing then I don't get why they aren't trying for PoE3. Burnout is real, but you have different people and I would guess that enough time has passed by now, for the original folks too. Maybe Avowed is that from their pov.

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On 7/25/2023 at 12:30 AM, majestic said:

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

Manage cookies

All power to Josh for taking all Deadfire criticism on himself - ah, ungrateful reality of life - you create a massive RPG with some of the best designs I have seen, and you apologise for the few missteps, cause dumb-dumbs didn’t buy it on launch. I don’t see any of the owners coming forward for vetoing Josh, and putting Ship2ship combat as a stretch goal. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, majestic said:

20 more years or 20 more videos?

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Nice stuff in there. Glad Pentiment did "better than expected" when it came to reception. If anyone had asked me a few years ago, Grounded would have been my candidate for a niche game with a tiny cult following (and not 10 million players) 😂

Interesting bits about Avowed. Sounds like the decision to ram multiplayer down its throat at all cost was what cased it to hiccup and get in trouble at some point (until the focus changed)